Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

smilebcz4yn

Goldie

smilebcz4yn

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

1) On average, how much do you trust online community. Since there are numerous such communities I am asking about non-social sites such as forums like India-Forums

I don't really trust online community so much, however one of my best friends in real are from a online site ..But the thing is you cant trust people in real so trusting people online is abit out of line.. probs around 90%
Please rate 0-100 and provide a confidence measure

E.g. 70 +- 20
 uhm? ( dont understand this question :S )
2) What are the factors that increase or decrease your trust.

nothing really unless someone asks me to call them or something like that.LOL
3) Give us an example of something that might shake the trust of those who have trusted you on that particular matter. Point? Give us some gossips. lol.

nothing really..i dont see people trusting strangers online so much.
4) Has someone shaken your trust (in same context i.e. forums). No need to name names.

urmm..once but it was nothing major.
5) Concluding remarks on how should we see online trust.

If you do trust someone online in my opinion you shouldn't go over the top on how you trust them..i.e. if they say to you to meet them and you only know them little about them you shouldn't go meet themShocked to communicate with someone online you need abit of common sense to be honest.Smile

Edited by -heemZIA - 26 March 2013 at 2:14pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KA-Spirited-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Trust (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

1. i trust people on online forums one hundred percent, no uncertainty about that... 

of course it's easier to trust people when they don't matter.LOL

2. if someone makes a total jackass out of themselves, i trust them more. It fits in with my hypothesis and observation of the sort of people (other than a few) who inhabit forums.LOL

3. maybe i break their trust on the rare occasion when i don't feel like being my usual  smart self.LOL

4. no, they rarely disappoint me in their ability to act foolishly and make asses of themselves.

5. trust completely. Just make sure you watch your back all the time.LOL

hope you send us an autographed copy of the book when you're done with the path-breaking findings.LOL
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL 5 laughs

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KA

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

I don't trust people in real life, how the hell do you expect me to trust people online LOL

I am totally opposite.. on sunday I got friendly with this lady with two kids(1 baby and 1 kid) and later she asked me to watch over her baby while she went around with her older one.. I spent half an hour baby sitting for a total stranger who barely spoke English LOL 
another stranger tonight was this old guy from US trying to convince me Detroit is the best place on planet earth and I should visit himLOL
it just takes few smiles I guess...Smile

-Aarya-Forever-KA

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 2:32pm | IP Logged

I don't trust people in real life, how the hell do you expect me to trust people online LOL

Please answer in format that I have requested and address all questions. lol

What is the confidence measure around 0?

-10, 0, 10

0, 0, 0

Thanks. Will check later,
what's with the format?.. are you trying a new fun gameTongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KA

smilebcz4yn

Goldie

smilebcz4yn

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

I am totally opposite.. on sunday I got friendly with this lady with two kids(1 baby and 1 kid) and later she asked me to watch over her baby while she went around with her older one.. I spent half an hour baby sitting for a total stranger who barely spoke English LOL 
another stranger tonight was this old guy from US trying to convince me Detroit is the best place on planet earth and I should visit himLOL
it just takes few smiles I guess...Smile
LOL, i would never do what u did.. I once thought this guy was my uncle in athens on skype and added him and everything..when he came online and called me it turned out he was a completely different guy, i was just laughingROFL
Everyones different in terms of paranoid on the net etc.

LovelyPlanetForever-KA

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
Thanks for all the input and specially for sticking to the format. The posts so far are informative.  

Let me address one point that few of you have raised.

I asked for an estimate of your trust. The range is 0-100 percent. What I mean by confidence measure is actually the amount of confidence you have in your estimate. For example lets say your estimate is 70% and confidence in your estimate is 20% then what it means is that the range of trust is 50-90% with 70 percent being the best guess. However the true value, in case you are not sure when you gave that estimate, will most probably lie in that range. The confidence can be narrower.

We can write above as

1) 70 +- 20
2) 50, 70, 90

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 11:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Prometeus

Online or offline...I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only suspicion, not proof, to destroy it... kisi ne bola dha na, the best relationship is the one that's built on love and lust.. sry sry TRUST,so just keep the love n trust...Big smile

Appreciate your input. However I am expecting a response to each question. The above statements can go under question 5.

^OkieBig smile

1) On average, how much do you trust online community. Since there are numerous such communities I am asking about non-social sites such as forums like India-Forums

E.g. 70 +- 20

50/50

The truthfulness come closer to me , my trust and respect increase...Smile

3) Give us an example of something that might shake the trust of those who have trusted you on that particular matter. Point? Give us some gossips. lol.

Santa said to me "For the whole ten years of our married life I always trusted my wife. And then we moved from Calcutta to mumbai-- and I discovered we still had the same milkman!" WinkTongue

trust is simply the absence of doubt...Smile

4) Has someone shaken your trust (in same context i.e. forums). No need to name names.
 ^ ...I have very few close friends in IF, they never did or I never did anything to shake my/their trust...they all are lovable n sweet. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet-Aarya-boreddamselForever-KA

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 5:45am | IP Logged

Online or offline...I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only suspicion, not proof, to destroy it... kisi ne bola dha na, the best relationship is the one that's built on love and lust.. sry sry TRUST,so just keep the love n trust...Big smile

Appreciate your input. However I am expecting a response to each question. The above statements can go under question 5.

^OkieBig smile

E.g. 70 +- 20

50/50

The truthfulness come closer to me , my trust and respect increase...Smile

Santa said to me "For the whole ten years of our married life I always trusted my wife. And then we moved from Calcutta to mumbai-- and I discovered we still had the same milkman!" WinkTongue

trust is simply the absence of doubt...Smile

^ ...I have very few close friends in IF, they never did or I never did anything to shake my/their trust...they all are lovable n sweet. 

I agree with the above statement, because trust does not arise from a decision but from lack of doubt.  So what happens if the doubt is cleared up, would trust again with same intensity?

Edited by -Aarya- - 27 March 2013 at 5:49am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetboreddamselForever-KAVinzy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top