Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
1) On average, how much do you trust online community. Since there are numerous such communities I am asking about non-social sites such as forums like India-Forums

Please rate 0-100 and provide a confidence measure

E.g. 70 +- 20

2) What are the factors that increase or decrease your trust.

3) Give us an example of something that might shake the trust of those who have trusted you on that particular matter. Point? Give us some gossips. lol.

4) Has someone shaken your trust (in same context i.e. forums). No need to name names.

5) Concluding remarks on how should we see online trust.

Note: Please answer each question. The purpose of this topic is to get to the mindset of an average forum member and see what they think about trusting others and how, on average, they see fellow members.
Edited by King-Anu - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't trust people in real life, how the hell do you expect me to trust people online πŸ˜†

Forever-KA thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Aarya-

I don't trust people in real life, how the hell do you expect me to trust people online πŸ˜†

Please answer in format that I have requested and address all questions. lol

What is the confidence measure around 0?

-10, 0, 10

0, 0, 0

Thanks. Will check later,
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Online or offline...I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only suspicion, not proof, to destroy it... kisi ne bola dha na, the best relationship is the one that's built on love and lust.. sry sry TRUST,so just keep the love n trust...πŸ˜ƒ
Forever-KA thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prometeus

Online or offline...I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only suspicion, not proof, to destroy it... kisi ne bola dha na, the best relationship is the one that's built on love and lust.. sry sry TRUST,so just keep the love n trust...πŸ˜ƒ

Appreciate your input. However I am expecting a response to each question. The above statements can go under question 5.

Originally posted by: King-Anu

1) On average, how much do you trust online community. Since there are numerous such communities I am asking about non-social sites such as forums like India-Forums

I used to trust the online community a hell lot, but not anymore. There's been nothing big that broke my trust or anything, but I do believe giving off ones true identity in the online community is pretty foolish.

E.g. 70 +- 20

Eh?

Umm...if someone I don't know asks for my identity / info. out of the blue.

3) Give us an example of something that might shake the trust of those who have trusted you on that particular matter. Point? Give us some gossips. lol.

Hmmm...

4) Has someone shaken your trust (in same context i.e. forums). No need to name names.

No one in particular, no. No one big enough to name.

Note: Please answer each question. The purpose of this topic is to get to the mindset of an average forum member and see what they think about trusting others and how, on average, they see fellow members.

I guess just like the real world, no point in giving off too much information or getting too close to someone without any research or knowledge. I am guilty of being too open, and now still paying for that mistake. Sighs. I do trust many of the members here though.
LovelyPlanet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

What exactly do you mean by trust? i dont mind talking to any of the forum members in real life or any human being for that matter if i have time πŸ˜† and opportunity.
on an average i talk to more people than others normally do.
100 percent therefore unless i got the question wrong.

E.g. 70 +- 20

not sure again what kind of trust i would have on someone i only know online.  dont think i'd worry unless something affects me personally or professionally.

dont think people trust to that level online. worst case i will give out my identity to someone who might make it public.. but how does it matter if in a really big big world few hundred more people know me?

no. have i broken anyone's trust? dont know πŸ˜† unless they tell me..

actually I dont like so much privacy on this forum, i dont want to see your picture.. but i do want to know your name and what you do so that i know if i want to interact with you more or not..but people said they would be embarrassed to let real life contacts know what they post here, so fair enough..i too personally dont want people from work to know what i post here, but im pretty sure none of them(the ones i care about) would ever know of this forum in next two lives..
gossip: πŸ˜† i know identity of 5 persons from the forum, hope i have nt broken their trust

BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

1. i trust people on online forums one hundred percent, no uncertainty about that... 

of course it's easier to trust people when they don't matter.πŸ˜†

2. if someone makes a total jackass out of themselves, i trust them more. It fits in with my hypothesis and observation of the sort of people (other than a few) who inhabit forums.πŸ˜†

3. maybe i break their trust on the rare occasion when i don't feel like being my usual  smart self.πŸ˜†

4. no, they rarely disappoint me in their ability to act foolishly and make asses of themselves.

5. trust completely. Just make sure you watch your back all the time.πŸ˜†

hope you send us an autographed copy of the book when you're done with the path-breaking findings.πŸ˜†
smilebcz4yn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

I don't really trust online community so much, however one of my best friends in real are from a online site ..But the thing is you cant trust people in real so trusting people online is abit out of line.. probs around 90%

E.g. 70 +- 20
 uhm? ( dont understand this question :S )

nothing really unless someone asks me to call them or something like that.πŸ˜†

nothing really..i dont see people trusting strangers online so much.

urmm..once but it was nothing major.

If you do trust someone online in my opinion you shouldn't go over the top on how you trust them..i.e. if they say to you to meet them and you only know them little about them you shouldn't go meet them😲 to communicate with someone online you need abit of common sense to be honest.😊

Edited by -heemZIA - 11 years ago
LovelyPlanet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

1. i trust people on online forums one hundred percent, no uncertainty about that... 

of course it's easier to trust people when they don't matter.πŸ˜†

2. if someone makes a total jackass out of themselves, i trust them more. It fits in with my hypothesis and observation of the sort of people (other than a few) who inhabit forums.πŸ˜†

3. maybe i break their trust on the rare occasion when i don't feel like being my usual  smart self.πŸ˜†

4. no, they rarely disappoint me in their ability to act foolishly and make asses of themselves.

5. trust completely. Just make sure you watch your back all the time.πŸ˜†

hope you send us an autographed copy of the book when you're done with the path-breaking findings.πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 5 laughs