Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 7:38am | IP Logged
1) On average, how much do you trust online community. Since there are numerous such communities I am asking about non-social sites such as forums like India-Forums

Please rate 0-100 and provide a confidence measure

E.g. 70 +- 20

2) What are the factors that increase or decrease your trust.

3) Give us an example of something that might shake the trust of those who have trusted you on that particular matter. Point? Give us some gossips. lol.

4) Has someone shaken your trust (in same context i.e. forums). No need to name names.

5) Concluding remarks on how should we see online trust.

Note: Please answer each question. The purpose of this topic is to get to the mindset of an average forum member and see what they think about trusting others and how, on average, they see fellow members.

Edited by King-Anu - 26 March 2013 at 7:40am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet-Aarya-epiphany.-Spirited-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Trust" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 7:55am | IP Logged
I don't trust people in real life, how the hell do you expect me to trust people online LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetmoomin4455boreddamselForever-KAepiphany.

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

I don't trust people in real life, how the hell do you expect me to trust people online LOL

Please answer in format that I have requested and address all questions. lol

What is the confidence measure around 0?

-10, 0, 10

0, 0, 0

Thanks. Will check later,

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Online or offline...I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only suspicion, not proof, to destroy it... kisi ne bola dha na, the best relationship is the one that's built on love and lust.. sry sry TRUST,so just keep the love n trust...Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455Forever-KA

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prometeus

Online or offline...I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only suspicion, not proof, to destroy it... kisi ne bola dha na, the best relationship is the one that's built on love and lust.. sry sry TRUST,so just keep the love n trust...Big smile

Appreciate your input. However I am expecting a response to each question. The above statements can go under question 5.

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 10:14am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455Forever-KA

LovelyPlanet

Goldie

LovelyPlanet

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

1) On average, how much do you trust online community. Since there are numerous such communities I am asking about non-social sites such as forums like India-Forums

Please rate 0-100 and provide a confidence measure
What exactly do you mean by trust? i dont mind talking to any of the forum members in real life or any human being for that matter if i have time LOL and opportunity.
on an average i talk to more people than others normally do.
100 percent therefore unless i got the question wrong.

E.g. 70 +- 20

2) What are the factors that increase or decrease your trust.
not sure again what kind of trust i would have on someone i only know online.  dont think i'd worry unless something affects me personally or professionally.

3) Give us an example of something that might shake the trust of those who have trusted you on that particular matter. Point? Give us some gossips. lol.
dont think people trust to that level online. worst case i will give out my identity to someone who might make it public.. but how does it matter if in a really big big world few hundred more people know me?

4) Has someone shaken your trust (in same context i.e. forums). No need to name names.
no. have i broken anyone's trust? dont know LOL unless they tell me..

5) Concluding remarks on how should we see online trust.
actually I dont like so much privacy on this forum, i dont want to see your picture.. but i do want to know your name and what you do so that i know if i want to interact with you more or not..but people said they would be embarrassed to let real life contacts know what they post here, so fair enough..i too personally dont want people from work to know what i post here, but im pretty sure none of them(the ones i care about) would ever know of this forum in next two lives..
gossip: LOL i know identity of 5 persons from the forum, hope i have nt broken their trust

Note: Please answer each question. The purpose of this topic is to get to the mindset of an average forum member and see what they think about trusting others and how, on average, they see fellow members.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KA

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged

1. i trust people on online forums one hundred percent, no uncertainty about that... 

of course it's easier to trust people when they don't matter.LOL

2. if someone makes a total jackass out of themselves, i trust them more. It fits in with my hypothesis and observation of the sort of people (other than a few) who inhabit forums.LOL

3. maybe i break their trust on the rare occasion when i don't feel like being my usual  smart self.LOL

4. no, they rarely disappoint me in their ability to act foolishly and make asses of themselves.

5. trust completely. Just make sure you watch your back all the time.LOL

hope you send us an autographed copy of the book when you're done with the path-breaking findings.LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet-Aarya-boreddamselForever-KA

Post Reply New Post

Go to top