Posted: 26 March 2013 at 2:49am | IP Logged
"You will not find tickets for the first three days of the film's release"
"It presents Ajay like never before"
"Audience will clap during his entry"
"It will be my biggest hit, UTV's biggest hit"
"It wil be amongst the top 3 hits of 2013, that's my open challenge"
"I will never make a flop film"
"Himmatwala is an All Time Blockbuster, just wait and see"

Yes, each and every quote above has been said by Sajid Khan, the director!

Sajid Khan has always been known for his confidence. The more he praises his own film, the more some people (people on the internet) get frustrated. But, no one can deny that what Sajid says always comes true. His first film (HEY BABY) was a Super Hit. His next film (HOUSEFULL) was a Hit. His next film (HOUSEFULL 2) was a Super Hit!

Of course, though, this isn't about Sajid's predictions. It's about my predictions. 

The theatrical trailer of a film is always very important. It gives the viewer an idea of what the film is about, and more importantly, what the quality of the film will be like. I want to take the example of DABANGG 2's theatrical trailer. When I saw the trailer, I thought it was good, but then once I realized that it was the only theatrical trailer that they had for the film, I kinda had a feeling of "that's it?". It was a decent trailer, but not enough! Audience feedback for the film itself turned out to be similar: Good, but not excellent.

When I saw the theatrical trailer of HIMMATWALA, I saw power. A powerful trailer. Strong dialogue delivery. Full of intensity. That is when I knew that this film will work. That's when I knew that this film will show a lot of "himmat" (courage) at the box office and will do great!

Believe me guys: the same theatrical trailer of HIMMATWALA that you guys are bashing here on the internet is the same trailer that is likely being treated with claps and whistles at cinema halls in India!

Ajay Devgan looks as if he will give a solid performance. His dialogue delivery will be strong. I especially liked the way he says the dialogue "kasam hai mujhe apni maa or behen ki, teri zindagi ki maa behen kar doonga!" Masses will love it!

The songs of the film are not too popular. But, the songs may also entertain audience in theatres if song presentation of the songs is good.

The opening of the film will be fantastic. Ajay Devgan after giving so many hits (including last year's 100 crore successes BOL BACHCHAN and SON OF SARDAR), Sajid Khan after 100% success record (HEY BABY, HOUSEFULL,HOUSEFULL 2), trailer creating buzz, songs creating some buzz, massy masala elements of film, remake curiosity, all of these factors will ensure that the film takes a terrific opening, especially at mass centers.

Masses will like the film, and even classes may like it as there seems to be an emphasis on relationships in the film (mother-son relationship of Ajay and mom, etc). There's also something even for the kids, which seems evident from the "Bum pe laat" song. Basically, Sajid seems to have made sure that there is an all-India universal appeal for the film!

My Box Office Predictions for HIMMATWALA:
Opening Day: 15 crores net
Opening Weekend: 48 crores net
Lifetime collections: 115+ net crores
Overall Box Office Verdict: Super Hit

Yes, Ajay Devgan will have another 100 crore film!

It will be interesting to see how Tamanah performs in the film.

Also, Sajid Khan will continue his 100% success streak at the box office!

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

rewaa-Castiel-TIGER_KHANILoveDramalentilsMcDreaamerSudhaSangeetSam_dean4Evayou2fire_gunNishita123Real.MadridSunshine797BullsEye777FrancoDB_reloaded

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Xclusive: My Box Office Predictions for HIMMATWALA" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kareenafanatic

Kareenafanatic

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 3:13am | IP Logged
I have a feeling this will touch the figure of Rowdy Rathod. I can see it going 130+ crores.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sunshine797

Coldplaying

IF-Dazzler

Coldplaying

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 3:33am | IP Logged
this movie won't cross 100 crore,i can bet my life on it..

Edited by hardyboy09 - 28 March 2013 at 1:04am

blue-ice

Franco

IF-Sizzlerz

Franco

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 5:04am | IP Logged
I do not think this film will flop but I doubt 100 crores music is weak and 'usual buzz' seems missing 

srkat

Goldie

srkat

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kareenafanatic

I have a feeling this will touch the figure of Rowdy Rathod. I can see it going 130+ crores.

Ya there is potential for the film to reach 130 crores!

hardyboy09, you bet your life on it? Shocked

VictorLord, ya music is not that appreciated, but 100 crores will be a cakewalk for the film I feel Smile

GundayVedant

IF-Sizzlerz

GundayVedant

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
This film will surely cross 100 crore... Every third film is crossing it!

StevieG7

-Castiel-

-Castiel-

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
Even though this movie isn't my cup of coffee, I want it to succeed just so it can shut up the wannabe pseudo intellectuals hiding behind the anonymity provided by internet. I am tired of seeing people put down the masala genre as being something "downgrade" and making callous assumptions against those who do enjoy this genre. All that gets pretty repetitive and wannabe-ish at times. Although I did sometimes wish the Indian audience be more accepting of movies that do not belong to the masala genre but rather cater to our sensibilities.

Ok. Rant Over.

I see this movie doing 100+ business. I just wish it wasn't directed by Sajid Khan. I don't want to see his over arrogant pompous self become even more arrogant after the success of this movie. It will get even harder to tune him out.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDramaTeh_BatmanFrancoReal.Madrid

srkat

Goldie

srkat

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Castiel-

Even though this movie isn't my cup of coffee, I want it to succeed just so it can shut up the wannabe pseudo intellectuals hiding behind the anonymity provided by internet. I am tired of seeing people put down the masala genre as being something "downgrade" and making callous assumptions against those who do enjoy this genre. All that gets pretty repetitive and wannabe-ish at times. Although I did sometimes wish the Indian audience be more accepting of movies that do not belong to the masala genre but rather cater to our sensibilities.

Ok. Rant Over.

I see this movie doing 100+ business. I just wish it wasn't directed by Sajid Khan. I don't want to see his over arrogant pompous self become even more arrogant after the success of this movie. It will get even harder to tune him out.

Well said about "wanna-be intellectual internet guys" Clap I don't know why they act like masala films are the worst thing ever. Masala films can be very entertaining, especially a film like Wanted!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Castiel-ILoveDramaDeathstrokefire_gunFrancowat_up

Post Reply New Post

Go to top