Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

-Fivr-

IF-Veteran Member

-Fivr-

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
With Monday here, we finally have a new episode for BIDK.. And I have to agree that it wasn't anything phenomenal in terms of story movement. But I'm excited that we got to see a bit more of Sohum's family, Rano's life outside of that shadi-ka-joda and a precap with a new Ishq-Da-Kalma.. Day DreamingLOL

So Rano is definitely not crazy... I mean she's adamant in waiting for her husband and as a result everyone THINKS she's crazy but I'm glad that she isn't crazy. That her devotion and decision to wait isn't a result of some mental imbalance but rather something she chooses to do. Now WHY she chooses to do this is something I'm really interested in finding out - I wonder why she has decided to wait for that guy.. Is it because she feels that is what she "should" do since she's married to him now. Or is there something else that drives her faith..? Ermm (Yes I just realized this sounds like a promo voice over.. LOL) I am definitely waiting and watching for that.

Another thing I wonder about is that when Rano heard about Sukhi and she got upset and dropped the utensils, she got really conscious all of a sudden. And I wasn't sure why that was - it almost seemed like she didn't want anyone to know it was HER who was there and once all the attention was on her, she actively tried to hide her face and then just rushed out of there. Could it be because the women treat her differently due to what has happened with her? Has she been alienated because of her married life (or lack thereof)? I would like to hope not but then I'm not sure..

The production house is really revealing bits and pieces of Rano's life slowly. It's like her life is an omnipresent mystery in the show while Bani's life is more open, but you know that Rano's life will have a direct or an indirect affect on Bani's at SOME point in SOME way.

Speaking of Bani and getting married to an NRI, Bani seemed so sure of herself when she was speaking with Rajji about getting married to an NRI for the family's sake. Yet now when Desho told her of her speaking with Sukhi's mom, Bani definitely did not seem happy or even resigned to the idea. Is it because she felt that her mother would have waiting until after her studies and that she had more time? Or is it because she just NOW realized what it actually was that she was nonchalantly committing to? I think I almost want to side with the later.. Like she really thought this was a distant think and it's just something she mentally prepared herself for without realizing that she'll have to actually go through it! Although I may be entirely wrong here..

Sohum and his bhabi seem like a regular devar-bhabi duo.. Seems nice enough. Smile But about Sohum's motivation for going to Canada.. He wants to go to Canada so that Bani doesn't get stranded by some random NRI who marries and ditches her.. That's a lot less selfish than what I was expecting - that he wanted to go to Canada so HE can be the one who is LEGIBLE to marry her! I totally did not see the more general "I am going to Canada so that if Bani HAS to marry an NRI munda, it may as well be me because I know I'll treat her right".. Or maybe this is just him trying to sound all "oh so unattached and I'm-just-doing-what's-right" in front of his bhabhi.. ErmmLOLLOL

Which brings me to the precap - new Ishq da kalma tomorrow (yay!!!!) and a possible trip-catch (horrified muh).. Maybe it's a dream! *hopeful muh* Actually, you know what. I am just going to wait and watch! Benefit of the doubt! Plus Bani seemed to get up quick enough so maybe it won't be our run-of-the-mill trip catch!

Special-mention: Ghuggi! LOLLOLLOLLOL And his ever awesome tractor waley songs! Punjab Idol anyone? LOLLOLLOL I really need to see MORE of this guy! LOLLOL

P.S. Really could not think of a name for this post. It's too sporadic and random for a name.. Confused So I'm doing what Anu did.. LOL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

desisangel-Fortune--Swetha-without-fathom-AkkiLuvsNBT-mango-frostAreYaarNikki_Titli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Things I Noticed - 03/25/13" in Bani - Ishq Da Kalma forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Yay for TINs being backHug...You should keep at it, Fivr...your excitement levels are MUCH higher than mine for this show...lol

Sohum's bhabhi is sweet and is giving him good advice...but Sohum wants to wrap this all up neatly before making a move...he's deffo going to end up with regrets at not having spoken up sooner.

The brief Rano bit was good but I guess I'm getting a bit more impatient now to know her background clearly...I do like how the parallel/connection b/w her and Bani is shown and I guess that's going to be a long term thing

My fav. bit was towards the end...LOVED Rajji in the last scene deliberately speaking loudly to let Sohum know what's up...lol...Rajji is seriously an adorable character.

Precap...haha I knew trip-catch hoga the moment I saw him standing behind her watching her with the usual moony-eyed expression...but I did find it interesting that he didn't technically catch her...she caught herself in time and straightened up...Hallelujah for no extended eyelocks either...baaki toh scene mein hi pataa chalega.

Oh and yes Ghuggi was hilarious in the opening scene...lol

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-without-fathom-Fivr-mango-frost

without-fathom

IF-Rockerz

without-fathom

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
Test post...

*edit*

Ufff, finallyyy IF decides to let me freaking post! Been trying for hours now, and kept getting a freaking "Messing not posed" response Wacko 

Khairrr - I hope this edited version gets posted now too *fingers crossed* Off to read your posts ladies, and be back to spam mine! 

ps: So are we alternating between "TIN" and "TIL" days?! LOL Ohhh, I loveee being aboard a show with you guys Hug

Edited by without-fathom - 25 March 2013 at 6:29pm

-Swetha--Fivr-mango-frostAreYaar

mango-frost

IF-Stunnerz

mango-frost

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
well firstly let me introduce myself...im megha...seems like everyone here knows eachother...and im just posting away as if we all new members loll but no one knows me here so...hi everyone Smile

awesome post hun...i agree with the rano bit...her story is coming in bits and pieces but im getting anxious to know more...well we all know her husband left her promising to be back...but i want to know how she leads her daily life...whats her status in the pind now...and most importantly how shes related to soham (because in the first look of the show, they showed bani questioning soham about rano, and soham got upset over that)...

its interesting that u thought soham wanted to get a visa so he can marry bani...i dont know why i always thought he was doing it for bani though, so she can be secure and not be left behind...i dont think he just said that to his bhabhi...i think he really meant it...and they showed that he shares a really nice bond with his bhabhi...im guessing he would be sharing his inner true feelings with her...

i absolutely love rajji...the way she got all worried and took her mom outside..she also knows taiji wont listen to them, especially her mom...but she wanted to reallyyy do something to stop taiji from finding an nri for bani, even if that means do the impossible...talk to mommy so she can talk to taiji LOL...and i loved her for that...and yeahh the way she spoke extra loudly just to get the message across to soham was really adorable too..

im loving ghuggi...hes hilarious...such a natural actor...his songs are hilarious haha...anyone up for a ghuggi-rajji couple?? i so thought they would show them both coming home together after bani's bicycle broke and she went with soham on the tractor...i thought they would show ghuggi and rajji going home together as well..making plans of bringing sohni closer...or just fighting along the way LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-without-fathom-Fivr-Nikki_TitliAreYaar

without-fathom

IF-Rockerz

without-fathom

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
So like you said Fivr, it wasn't the most story moving of episodes, but honestly we're at such a lack of any entertainment that even a feel good episode from a half decent show satisfies me - beggars can't be choosers?! LOL

Also, as uneventful as Sohum's side of the family provenly is, I just liked the way they rolled. Somehow, watching them in their bit made me sigh and inevitably think of the question that haunts the theme of this show - would Bani not be the happiest, luckiest girl to just move from a wonderful loving home like her own, into another like Sohum's? That one line in the Gurudwara, where one of the girls said how Sukhi was married to a prince NRI and had a son, kismat ho toh aisi - just echoes! What does one really want! Bani is a simple, grounded, mature girl. A guy like Sohum and a family like his, she'd be the princess of her own life... 

Of course, I did not before, and am not now villain-izing Desho for her ambitious dreams for Bani and the family. But the sentence that really hits home comes from Sohum - inn ladkiyo ko America Canada jaane ki ticket samjh rakha hai... That is the pity. You realize that Desho, at least in her own aware conviction is not looking out for an NRI card for the sake of it, but in the name of the happiness that she believes only such privilege can bring. But fact is - and she's unlikely to see it anytime soon - that happiness is the one thing she has in abundance. She only seeks a status to flaunt and manifest its existence. 

Also, they mentioned Desho's brother coming from London next. Surprise, she's going around the village telling everyone to look out and hasn't put it first thing through her own folks? But then I remembered her having told Bani how her family were disappointed with her for Nirvail's failure too... so maybe this brother is going to come back into the picture to revive bonds now? Dekhte hain... 

Rano. I don't know where she connects within the story of the mainstream characters, but for now she's the most obvious foreshadow of Bani's destiny. Nur you said Sohum is going to regret not confessing his heart now, did the show anywhere claim that Bani will get married to another guy, before Sohum's track in her life can return and fix it all? I mean, is she going to become a Rano, before being rescued, or do we not know either way at the moment? Frankly, I don't know if anything would work in his favor even if he went up and confessed right now, given how he doesn't meet the "NRI" criteria for Bani's mother. For Desho toh he's not even "munda", he's just Sohum *bichara!* 

Also, it was Bani's reaction to her mother's confiding in her about the word of her rishta being spread that tugged at me again, for what she could have right here right now, and what her mother was so blindly going to be oblivious of. Fivr, you speculated about her reaction, and I think there's nothing complicated about it, but for the simple fact, that knowing what destiny you're expected to fulfill, is never enough to be thrown like a mere wrench into the grinding wheels of that same destiny. As resolved as Bani is about her future "duty", stocking up all her new things in her mother's trunk is the easiest part of moving towards that very daunting and unpredictable future! Left to her own devices, Bani would be the most content person in the world with her own small happy world. It's almost ironic, that I think Bani is more like her Chachi, than she or her mother or anyone in the family may realize. Some may think of it as lack of ambition, but Bani's only wish is seeing people she loves, or will love, happy. It's not her being selfless, it's just how she is - it's what makes her happy. 

And I agree about the Sohum and Bhabhi dialog Fivr. The tangent of his reasoning to marry Bani in that scene was off. And maybe it was for Bhabhi's convenience right then, but he sounded so earnest about it... I think it had even sounded more personal in the trailer itself. There it had sounded more like he wouldn't let his Bani go through the dubious fate - here it just sounded like a responsibility... Sohum is not a typical overachieving hero, but this scene was confused in its own intent.

Rajji, and Ghuggi - muaaah!!! SUCH.ADORABLE.CUPIDS. Bani and Sohum need to fall at their feet in gratitude one time LOL Ghuggi's akhiyaan'ch nindar, nindar'ch sapne, sapne'ch wasdi tu, hoye! kuch wi ni dasdi tu!!! Oh Ghuggi!!! Kisi din toh tumari kalaa ki kadar Sohum bi karega ROFL

-Swetha--Fivr-Nikki_TitliAreYaar

without-fathom

IF-Rockerz

without-fathom

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mango-frost

well firstly let me introduce myself...im megha...seems like everyone here knows eachother...and im just posting away as if we all new members loll but no one knows me here so...hi everyone Smile

awesome post hun...i agree with the rano bit...her story is coming in bits and pieces but im getting anxious to know more...well we all know her husband left her promising to be back...but i want to know how she leads her daily life...whats her status in the pind now...and most importantly how shes related to soham (because in the first look of the show, they showed bani questioning soham about rano, and soham got upset over that)...

Hey Megha, call me Jz, meet Fivr, and Anu (AreYaar) above - there, now you know us too! Big smile 

I think Rano's "faith" is a kind of denial limbo. It doesn't have to translate to being mentally imbalanced, and like Fivr said, I'm glad that isn't the case. But hey! What's this first look you're talking about? Between Sohum and Bani over Rano? Is there a vid, can you share it? 

For a moment there I had thought when Rano would rush away, there would ensue some minor dialogue among the ladies present, some of whom may know her, and Bani's getting to know some first things about Rano's story - the other face of NR marriages...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha--Fivr-

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
Hi Megha...lol nice to meet you...it's just the three of us blabbing, don't mind...not like this forum is very active anyways.

@Jzee: How are you feeling now?Hug

Frankly I don't feel like there has been enough storyline movement for me to say much right now...I'm waiting for something solid to unfold...

Like Megha mentioned, I want to see the scene where Rano's truth/backstory is revealed...her connection to Sohum...

I did like the langar sevaa scene in today's epi...atmosphere nicely created :-)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-without-fathom-Fivr-

without-fathom

IF-Rockerz

without-fathom

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Hi Megha...lol nice to meet you...it's just the three of us blabbing, don't mind...not like this forum is very active anyways.

@Jzee: How are you feeling now?Hug

Frankly I don't feel like there has been enough storyline movement for me to say much right now...I'm waiting for something solid to unfold...

Like Megha mentioned, I want to see the scene where Rano's truth/backstory is revealed...her connection to Sohum...

I did like the langar sevaa scene in today's epi...atmosphere nicely created :-)

Nureyy, I'm feeling less on the edge now that IF has finally let me through its Ali Baba cave wall LOL But I know you mean about the hand, it's kinda sore for now, but that's just the raw pain of first 48 hours... I'm going to school and up with my normal routine generally toh, it's in the way, but at least I'm not stuck at home like the last time it was my ankle! 

How's your day been?

And talking of langar seva, I totally forgot to mention yesterday, I was so excited when they got the whole chabeel situation in the opening week, like I squealed physically and for real!!! There was this one time back as a kid when our family in Punjab had organized one and I was part of the kids team who had to break ice from those BIG blocks, it was sooo fun! Big smile

@epi - I think I liked it because it just flowed, not fast enough, but not dragging either. But yes, Rano's side of the story is most intriguing for now. Do you think there's a possibility the Maama is coming into picture with a rishta for Bani? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-AreYaar

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.