Article aobut PKDH- Jewellery Designer!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Tacker_Holic

IF-Rockerz

Tacker_Holic

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Hey PKD'iaans,

I have seen an article about PKDH and Manasi's jewellery on a rival site in an interview from the designer!

Manasi Karia, known for her undefined designer jewellery and styling, has designed for almost all big TV shows and worked with almost all the reputed production houses namely Ananda Films, Hats off Productions, Rajshri Productions, Shashi Sumeet Productions, Sanjay Leela Bhansali Films Pvt Ltd, Sagar Arts, Endemol, Red Chillies, Chhota Ganpati Telecreations, 4 Lions, Adhikari Brothers, Behind The Scenes Productions, Mystic Production, Film & Shots Production House and Village Boy Production Pvt Ltd among others.

A jewellery stylist for Indian television since the last 12 years, Manasi's husband Manoj is a manufacturer.

In an candid chat with Tellychakkar.com, Manasi discusses the jewellery designs of her latest shows, how, over the years, jewellery trends have evolved on TV and her views on the criticism that TV heroines wear heavy jewellery. Excerpts:

What did you keep in mind while doing the jewellery design of the following shows?

Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara:

In that I introduced Indo-Western styling. The hero Aditya's (Nakuul Mehta) mother Avantika (Manasi Salvi) wears a bead style. She is very dynamic and is separated from her husband. Her jewellery style blends with how she carries herself.

Okay. However, critics complain that certain shows have too heavy jewellery...

Yes, that is true for certain soaps which I am not doing. On my shows during bedtime, the characters wear small studs and tiny chains. Sometimes, however you have to go with the trend of heavy jewellery as you need to bestow a 'TV look' instead of keeping it plain and simple. Nevertheless, I try my best to stick to more real and authentic look. Even a small black thread or a small tulsi bead will also look good provided it blends in with the character.

How have jewellery trends changed over the years on TV soaps?

Earlier, we would have loud and chunky pieces of artificial jewellery. Now, we make semi-precious jewellery which look like real. They aren't loud and blend with the face and costume.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

maszCoffeegirl123afsanaanjumsudi_4m_kolvioletshineanusha.cochinxMidnightStarxxaviara

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Article aobut PKDH- Jewellery Designer!" in Pyar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyara Pyara forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

xMidnightStarx

IF-Rockerz

xMidnightStarx

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing :)

Tacker_Holic

IF-Rockerz

Tacker_Holic

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 11:57am | IP Logged
You're welcome! Big smile

alicemath

IF-Rockerz

alicemath

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Tfs Smile

sudi_4m_kol

IF-Dazzler

sudi_4m_kol

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
tfs :))

anusha.cochin

IF-Rockerz

anusha.cochin

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
tfs

tapur

Groupbie

tapur

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 11:39am | IP Logged
tsfSmile

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.