Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

There's an app for that.. feminism (Page 2)

-Aarya- Goldie
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheTruth

Originally posted by --arti--

It's not a debate. But it pertains to several debates happening here, so it's relevant. I didn't have anywhere else to post it, and I didn't want to spam and individually post it in a dozen threads.

Well it's not an actual app. It was just a title to get attention. What I was trying to say was that there is no need to reinvent the wheel on some of these subjects, and that there are resources already available that help further the debate, rather than always start at ground zero.

Can you cite the sources (obviously external) used in the OP?

I dropped my jaw reading the bold part! I mean it is nice of you to confess that you were just trying to get attention but the second part where you order everyone by basically deciding for them what to debate and not (as if your OP is absolute truth) was initially mind boggling. Few seconds later, I realized that it was as ridiculous as me telling you to stop posting anything further.

A true intention (no matter how good it may be) is always lost after few seconds! :)

I too agree with a fact that we can not (and should not) control what and how people want to debate. We have a choice to either join or to ignore the subject all together. Though every debate has set of rules, and they should be followed here as well.

Edited by -Aarya- - 25 March 2013 at 8:31am
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 8:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

Originally posted by Prometeus

If women expect freedom,..women should stop using the Gandhian methods...she will not fight with men directly.. her fight will be indirect, it will be feminine... She will cry and weep. She will not hit men, she will hit herself, and through hitting herself, through crying and weeping, through using these Gandhian methods, she will dominate you...if you make somebody a slave you will be reduced to slavery ultimately..it's created women itself...at last she can't remain free... If you want to remain free, give freedom to others.. that's the only way to be free...

Feminism is not bad...have you noted one point?...Buddha and Jesus Christ,Krishna  that they look feminine, that they are womanish... Buddha certainly looks feminine...Whenever a man moves into the heart, something in him goes feminine... He becomes more round, more soft, more vulnerable...The future belongs to women,fighting with men is waste of time and women may lose something which is valuable thats the beauty of femininity..Smile

Do you feel that women are hiding behind the word feminism?

I cant say they hiding behind the word, but some people have not yet achieved the power to influence and control their own course of life,now a days women have attained education, more economic and political freedom, nevertheless, a woman's existential problem is still the same...she is still not free from within .. free from fear and insecurity, free from jealousy and anxiety..becos strategy of soceity or man made law has been to keep her stuck in the image of a grihalaxmi or as his property...just wanna say feminism is self awareness and feminism need not remain just a label... it must become a way of life. Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--arti--moomin4455boreddamsel

-Aarya- Goldie
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 11:41am | IP Logged

If women expect freedom,..women should stop using the Gandhian methods...she will not fight with men directly.. her fight will be indirect, it will be feminine... She will cry and weep. She will not hit men, she will hit herself, and through hitting herself, through crying and weeping, through using these Gandhian methods, she will dominate you...if you make somebody a slave you will be reduced to slavery ultimately..it's created women itself...at last she can't remain free... If you want to remain free, give freedom to others.. that's the only way to be free...

Feminism is not bad...have you noted one point?...Buddha and Jesus Christ,Krishna  that they look feminine, that they are womanish... Buddha certainly looks feminine...Whenever a man moves into the heart, something in him goes feminine... He becomes more round, more soft, more vulnerable...The future belongs to women,fighting with men is waste of time and women may lose something which is valuable thats the beauty of femininity..Smile

I cant say they hiding behind the word, but some people have not yet achieved the power to influence and control their own course of life,now a days women have attained education, more economic and political freedom, nevertheless, a woman's existential problem is still the same...she is still not free from within .. free from fear and insecurity, free from jealousy and anxiety..becos strategy of soceity or man made law has been to keep her stuck in the image of a grihalaxmi or as his property...just wanna say feminism is self awareness and feminism need not remain just a label... it must become a way of life. Smile

Fear, insecurity, jealousy and anxiety are part of human nature and it has nothing to do with sexist or how feminism plays a role in woman's life! Basically feminism is woman's right to be at par with men.

If a women is weak and can not defend her self, should she be blamed for the abuse?
Have you ever wonder why a women need to fight for feminism, while it's merely her right...

Edited by -Aarya- - 26 March 2013 at 6:33am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455-Believe-

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 12:04am | IP Logged

Fear, insecurity, jealousy and anxiety are part of human nature and it has nothing to do with sexist or how feminism plays a role in woman's life! Basically feminism is woman's right to be at part with men.

Because dependence is a kind of slavery...most of them dont have any job or dont have freedom, better don't depend on others and you don't make others dependent on you... then it is always a friendship, a friendliness...

If a women is weak and can not defend her self, should she be blamed for the abuse? 
Have you ever wonder why a women need to fight for feminism, while it's merely her right... 
Its true , male ego or  deep inferiority complex is there...the male has accepted himself as superior for so long that he does not feel that it is his ego. It is the woman who feels it...it is simply a traditional heritage. Winkhope u know the example if a small boy starts crying, many people used to say, "Why are you crying like a girl?'' A girl is allowed to cry becos she is subhuman?!?! small boys start stopping their tears... It is very rare to find men who are as ready to cry and allow tears to flow as women are..fact ye hey ,nature does not make any difference...if ppl ready to allow the woman as much freedom as possible and help her to stand up so that she can blossom again...Smile

Edited by Prometeus - 26 March 2013 at 12:04am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--arti---Aarya-boreddamsel

--arti-- Goldie
--arti--
--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 5:56am | IP Logged
@ Aarya

"hiding behind the word feminism"

What does that mean? I don't agree with this concept that women are supposed to naturally be feminists and those who talk about feminism are somehow stating the obvious. Let's base our views on reality here.

Do you really believe women are treated equally? Or that all women are raised with somehow feminist values - however weakly or strongly we can define them? If that were true, then violence against women would be exceptional, not the norm. Women would be paid the same as men if it were true. And so much more.

The baseline assumption about what feminism is fascinates me. I actually tried to define what I think it means in my post. Maybe you can clarify what you mean by it.

@Truth - I used a thread title that would make people notice it, and that would also convey the intention (more casual, etc.). That's why I said the title was meant to get attention, not that _I_ was trying to get attention. Can you really not tell the difference? And I don't see how I was telling people what to think. In my post I a) mentioned the range of topics covered, b) clarified that feminism means a lot more than what people might assume it means, and c) asked that people critique or further those views, not that they blindly accept them wholesale.

Why don't you tell me how I declared anything to be "absolute truth" in my original post?

Not that you were my intended audience with this post. It was more directed towards those who are sincere debaters here.

Many of your posts don't actually address the content of what people say, and you instead either attack them or react with pretty extremist views that you feel don't need explanation.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455

--arti-- Goldie
--arti--
--arti--

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 6:03am | IP Logged

A true intention (no matter how good it may be) is always lost after few seconds! :)

I too agree with a fact that we can not (and should not) control what and how people want to debate. We have a choice to either join or to ignore the subject all together. Though every debate has set of rules, and they should be followed here as well.

I posted an invitation for people to use certain resources. That's not control. If I wanted to be a jerk, I could go around attacking people I don't agree with. If I wanted "control," ultimately, I would just not participate in any threads here. When I participate, I treat people with respect, engage views (at least the ones I can comprehend), and offer my own responses and perspectives with as much clarity as possible. If I disagree with someone ideologically, I don't attack them or think I must therefore disagree with everything they post. I have zero personal relationships on here with people, so I treat everyone the exact same way.

What "set of rules" does every debate have? I don't really see that many rules being followed here. Some people are allowed to post absurd things. There are no ground rules when it comes to talking about sensitive issues like rape or violence. I can't start to list the number of people who have posted downright racist and sexist things, either in the name of "debate" or to sarcastically make a point. If that's valid, then posts like my original post should be. There's nothing derogatory in my post, and there are no personal attacks.

Edited by --arti-- - 27 March 2013 at 6:04am

moomin4455

--arti-- Goldie
--arti--
--arti--

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 6:16am | IP Logged
On ignoring threads we don't like:

I don't think this is a viable option for many topics. I can ignore a thread on something that I think doesn't affect me, but I can't be asked to ignore a thread on serious issues that impact my well-being, and the well-being of others in society.

That's just accepting that the issues debated here don't exist in a vacuum and have real world consequences. We are complicit in those consequences when we further regressive views. So we have a responsibility to challenge each other and call each other out on views that are problematic. That's the impetus for even debating for me. For me, debating is not just a fun exercise by itself.

moomin4455

-Aarya- Goldie
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --arti--

@ Aarya

"hiding behind the word feminism"

What does that mean? I don't agree with this concept that women are supposed to naturally be feminists and those who talk about feminism are somehow stating the obvious. Let's base our views on reality here.

Do you really believe women are treated equally? Or that all women are raised with somehow feminist values - however weakly or strongly we can define them? If that were true, then violence against women would be exceptional, not the norm. Women would be paid the same as men if it were true. And so much more.

The baseline assumption about what feminism is fascinates me. I actually tried to define what I think it means in my post. Maybe you can clarify what you mean by it.

Arti, I think you have misunderstood my post and let me clarify, as I was questioning Prometeus if he believe women hide behind the word feminism. To which he responded and I also posted the following:

Fear, insecurity, jealousy and anxiety are part of human nature and it has nothing to do with sexist or how feminism plays a role in woman's life! Basically feminism is woman's right to be at par with men.

I personally believe that there should be no feminism or masochism concepts, all should be treated equally. And why should women fight for equality while it's their right to be treated equal.

And I am at par with your beliefs! :)

Go to top