Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

We may be going in circles here 😛

Edited by -Aarya- - 11 years ago
-Aarya- thumbnail
Originally posted by: boreddamsel

Actually you are absolutely right about the bold! 
So does that mean we should let people continue to believe what they want, because anyways they won't listen to us, so why bother? 

Like I said, I made this post  .. so that I would feel better sharing what I wanted to say. I don't expect people to believe me. If at least one person got the message, then good, else well.. hope they will some day, hopefully before they land get themselves into trouble! 

The second statement.. sure.. but if you hear it repeatedly and see others agree and support it, you might! 

You have a right to your opinion and I always believe the end should justify the means...

boreddamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: -Aarya-

You have a right to your opinion and I always believe the end should justify the means...

Sure and I believe 
Karmanye Vadhikaraste, Ma phaleshou kada chana

Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani

😊

-Aarya- thumbnail
Originally posted by: boreddamsel

Sure and I believe 
Karmanye Vadhikaraste, Ma phaleshou kada chana

Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani

😊

It's a path to reaching Nirvana...:)

boreddamsel thumbnail

It's a path to reaching Nirvana...:)

😆 ðŸ˜† I don't think I will get there.. but yeah, do what you can without expecting to get there, right! 
Ok, gotta run now .. should get back to my code .. 'coz that has to give me a result! ðŸ˜†
Edited by boreddamsel - 11 years ago
boreddamsel thumbnail
Interesting. I brought up "silence" as a form of abuse and in the radio, they talked about child neglect that was worse than verbal and physical abuse, 'coz you don't even realize you are being abused! 

So I guess neglect, which is definitely a better term instead of silent abuse, can be a form of domestic abuse as well! 
moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

We may be going in circles here 😛

Well...the TM was talking about rape, violence, abuse etc in fiction...so, not really sure how I'm not broaching the topic this time -I say this time as I am a pro at going off at a tangent. ðŸ˜†

I think the use of boundaries is required even in fiction. For example: would you want a story published anywhere for everyone to read where a fictional character is having underage sex (this would legally be rape) and it's written in gratuitous detail?

I'm all for freedom of speech - with responsibility.

DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
I thought I was the only one who thought Leslie Morgan's talk is awesome. Thank God I found this.
My personal views: whatever two consenting adults do is strictly there business. If the limits, risks, instruments (for the lack of a better word) involved in BDSM are pre-determined and agreed upon by the involved partners then, I do not see any harm in it as long as the safety of one or both partners is not risked.
As for the book by E.L. James. I have not read the book though I did pick it up and skim through it in Chapters. From the first glance, I realized this is not worthy of being called good literature. But hey, that's me. Other people may find pleasure in reading what the author has to say. Cheers to them.

One thing I do find disturbing with this issue is people talking about "rape fantasies". No one wants to be raped and bondage/rope/other such violent fetishes do not mean the man/woman enjoys non-consensual sex. It is misinformed people who believe that is the case that make me sick.

Also, what a person prefers in the bedroom does not translate to their real life. A person who gives in control may in fact be the CEO of a large firm. 
We live in a free world where people should enjoy sexual freedom and if that includes kink for Joe and abstinence of Michael then, we should let them be.