Debate Mansion

   

Sexy violence? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 7

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 7
Page 6 Page 7

ANNMT.

IF-Rockerz

Joined: 03 September 2012

Posts: 5579

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sexy violence? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

boreddamsel

IF-Rockerz

boreddamsel

Joined: 22 March 2012

Posts: 8282

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ANNMT.

 
if u r taking about reletionship then yelling n silence both r wrong , people can talk  nicely , share things with their partner but venting out their frustation on their parteners  in evry fights wrong , it shows a person's weakness , bcs he cant handle his prob in a mature way , heat of the moment case happen in some times but knowingly , intetionaly hurting , tounting  someone is wrong  . 

after receiving  taunts ,,humiliation if person retaliate badly then  it's diffrent but not in this case   , it's seriously sadistic  to hurt someons feeling like that
 one more thing   people use this term many time to save themself by saying it's in the heat of the moment , i dont mean it , i was angry    ...dont know how many heat of the moment comes in their life, some people alwyes react like this  n mostly  girls bear it by thinking " he is just angry " 
 well  leave it

no no i dont know u LOL but u dont look like who just  bear it silently ...dont want to offend u

It depends on the people involved in the relationship, their tolerance level, and the context, so I can't comment much about what is right and wrong. Clearly our experiences and definitions of abuse are different! 

As for the bold, none taken! I wasn't this way always.. but I'm proud of the way I turned out Smile

moomin4455

IF-Dazzler

moomin4455

Joined: 08 March 2012

Posts: 4211

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

Originally posted by moomin4455

Originally posted by -Aarya-

@boreddamsel & @moomin

I believe we are talking about fiction writing and please correct me if I am wrong before I proceed further with this discussion...

Also do you feel people will be influenced to act according to the story...

 
We are talking about fiction writing.

It's the same paradigm with various forms of media, films, TV etc being blamed for inciting violent behaviour and even rape. Are people influenced according to what they see in a film? While I guess the majority aren't affected I guess there maybe a small percentage who are affected for the worse?

We can affected by- does that stretch to influenced by or even inspired by? - fiction in various media forms for the better. What's to say that it cannot influence us in a negative way?



I have always believed that you can not (and should not) control what people want to write, regardless if it's fiction or non-fiction or media and etc...

Since the subject is leaning towards rape; how much has non-fiction (lets say media/new in this case) made a positive influence in dealing with rape vs fiction writing made a negative influence?

And I wonder where do you get all your knowledge about rape, I believe you must have read it somewhere...

No I spoke to people - to friends of mine that have suffered abuse and have been raped. You'll be surprised at the numbers of girls, women who suffer this and aren't vocal about it, wanting to consign it to the recesses of their mind as a horrific experience.

I don't want to control or silence anyone, but it's like the freemarket: just like there must be some, albeit minimal regulation for the latter, there must be some kind of boundary that shouldn't be crossed with fiction, whether it's fictional prose, film, TV or any other media.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-boreddamsel

boreddamsel

IF-Rockerz

boreddamsel

Joined: 22 March 2012

Posts: 8282

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
@Aarya.. I think I see your point now. But do let me know if I misunderstood.

It's the freedom of speech that brings us news yes.. and that's why we are aware of what happens around the world. And yet, its this same media that waits outside the Bachchan residence and does live reporting of who all visits the house for the godh bharai ceremony. People use and misuse their freedom of speech, and we as viewers have the freedom to choose what we want to see and can opt to change channels. 

Every reader/viewer forms their own opinion based on what they read or hear. You tend to believe what you hear or read unless you have reason to believe otherwise, either because someone (who you may or may not trust) told you so or because you have evidence to the contrary! 


The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-

ANNMT.

IF-Rockerz

Joined: 03 September 2012

Posts: 5579

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 2:00am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Joined: 02 November 2010

Posts: 1613

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by moomin4455

Originally posted by -Aarya-

Originally posted by moomin4455

Originally posted by -Aarya-

@boreddamsel & @moomin

I believe we are talking about fiction writing and please correct me if I am wrong before I proceed further with this discussion...

Also do you feel people will be influenced to act according to the story...

 
We are talking about fiction writing.

It's the same paradigm with various forms of media, films, TV etc being blamed for inciting violent behaviour and even rape. Are people influenced according to what they see in a film? While I guess the majority aren't affected I guess there maybe a small percentage who are affected for the worse?

We can affected by- does that stretch to influenced by or even inspired by? - fiction in various media forms for the better. What's to say that it cannot influence us in a negative way?



I have always believed that you can not (and should not) control what people want to write, regardless if it's fiction or non-fiction or media and etc...

Since the subject is leaning towards rape; how much has non-fiction (lets say media/new in this case) made a positive influence in dealing with rape vs fiction writing made a negative influence?

And I wonder where do you get all your knowledge about rape, I believe you must have read it somewhere...

No I spoke to people - to friends of mine that have suffered abuse and have been raped. You'll be surprised at the numbers of girls, women who suffer this and aren't vocal about it, wanting to consign it to the recesses of their mind as a horrific experience.

I do agree with you here, but again the topic is related to how press (media/fiction/non-fiction) affects them...


I don't want to control or silence anyone, but it's like the freemarket: just like there must be some, albeit minimal regulation for the latter, there must be some kind of boundary that shouldn't be crossed with fiction, whether it's fictional prose, film, TV or any other media.

Fiction and imagination go hand in hand, and how can you set boundaries around your imagination...



-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Joined: 02 November 2010

Posts: 1613

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 5:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by boreddamsel

@Aarya.. I think I see your point now. But do let me know if I misunderstood.

It's the freedom of speech that brings us news yes.. and that's why we are aware of what happens around the world. And yet, its this same media that waits outside the Bachchan residence and does live reporting of who all visits the house for the godh bharai ceremony. People use and misuse their freedom of speech, and we as viewers have the freedom to choose what we want to see and can opt to change channels. 

Every reader/viewer forms their own opinion based on what they read or hear. You tend to believe what you hear or read unless you have reason to believe otherwise, either because someone (who you may or may not trust) told you so or because you have evidence to the contrary! 



On a contrary, you tend to believe only what you want to believe and the rest is really history...

I highly doubt you believe and follow everything you read or hear, the human mind just does not work in that order.


The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

boreddamsel

boreddamsel

IF-Rockerz

boreddamsel

Joined: 22 March 2012

Posts: 8282

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-



On a contrary, you tend to believe only what you want to believe and the rest is really history...

I highly doubt you believe and follow everything you read or hear, the human mind just does not work in that order.



Actually you are absolutely right about the bold! 
So does that mean we should let people continue to believe what they want, because anyways they won't listen to us, so why bother? 

Like I said, I made this post  .. so that I would feel better sharing what I wanted to say. I don't expect people to believe me. If at least one person got the message, then good, else well.. hope they will some day, hopefully before they land get themselves into trouble! 

The second statement.. sure.. but if you hear it repeatedly and see others agree and support it, you might! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Nudity offends us more than violence, why?

2 3 4 5

SolidSnake 32 1572 27 May 2010 at 10:39am
By P1nk
Television - leading cause of violence?!

2 3 4 5 6 7

Mindbender 48 12209 21 June 2009 at 10:28pm
By return_to_hades
Violence Against Women in the United States farri.muslimah 3 449 11 March 2009 at 10:40am
By raj5000
Are celebrities above crime and violence Showbizz 6 586 17 December 2008 at 9:21am
By raj5000
bad economy vs. violence xsweetbabygyalx 3 360 29 July 2008 at 3:12pm
By jagdu

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.