Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Sexy violence? (Page 4)

ANNMT. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 3:35am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

boreddamsel

boreddamsel IF-Rockerz
boreddamsel
boreddamsel

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ANNMT.

so u want to say occasionally insulting is ok , only continuously insulting someone is wrong , i dont think so , especially the way rich people insult others by commenting on their claas n showing themself superior one also wrong

To each their own, I guess.
I am not supporting insults of any kind.
I guess snide remarks like that of Darcy's wouldn't affect me, but the name calling will.

Let me tell you of one other which is even worse.. Silence!
When you try talking to someone and they ignore you continuously, personally I think that's the worst.

Anyways I'm glad you questioned the book. That's what I was hoping people would do.

Edited by boreddamsel - 26 March 2013 at 4:46am

ANNMT.

-Aarya- Goldie
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 6:29am | IP Logged
@boreddamsel & @moomin

I believe we are talking about fiction writing and please correct me if I am wrong before I proceed further with this discussion...

Also do you feel people will be influenced to act according to the story...

Edited by -Aarya- - 26 March 2013 at 6:30am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455boreddamsel

moomin4455 IF-Dazzler
moomin4455
moomin4455

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

@boreddamsel & @moomin

I believe we are talking about fiction writing and please correct me if I am wrong before I proceed further with this discussion...

We are talking about fiction writing.

It's the same paradigm with various forms of media, films, TV etc being blamed for inciting violent behaviour and even rape. Are people influenced according to what they see in a film? While I guess the majority aren't affected I guess there maybe a small percentage who are affected for the worse?

We can affected by- does that stretch to influenced by or even inspired by? - fiction in various media forms for the better. What's to say that it cannot influence us in a negative way?

Edited by moomin4455 - 26 March 2013 at 6:59am

-Aarya-boreddamsel

-Aarya- Goldie
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 7:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by moomin4455

Originally posted by -Aarya-

@boreddamsel & @moomin

We are talking about fiction writing.

It's the same paradigm with various forms of media, films, TV etc being blamed for inciting violent behaviour and even rape. Are people influenced according to what they see in a film? While I guess the majority aren't affected I guess there maybe a small percentage who are affected for the worse?

We can affected by- does that stretch to influenced by or even inspired by? - fiction in various media forms for the better. What's to say that it cannot influence us in a negative way?

I have always believed that you can not (and should not) control what people want to write, regardless if it's fiction or non-fiction or media and etc...

Since the subject is leaning towards rape; how much has non-fiction (lets say media/new in this case) made a positive influence in dealing with rape vs fiction writing made a negative influence?

And I wonder where do you get all your knowledge about rape, I believe you must have read it somewhere...

moomin4455boreddamsel

ANNMT. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 10:18am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

boreddamsel

boreddamsel IF-Rockerz
boreddamsel
boreddamsel

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ANNMT.

may be u  know how to  reply back strongly  so those snide remarks will not affect u much bcz u know u can give him 10 guna more LOL   

Yup, you know me too well.. have we met? LOL 

but if  silently bear karna pade  then i m sure very badly affect karenge

Agreed. That's why I said it depends on the person and the context. Demeaning words said in the heat of the moment could not necessarily be termed abuse, at least not to me.. that's not a strong enough reason to scream domestic abuse and leave your partner. 

On the other hand, insults said intentionally to hurt someone .. or repeatedly knowing you get offended .. is a different ball game. 

n silence  means  person does not want to talk   , i dont think it's  worst but it's more easy without verbuly insulting  someone apni intentions clear kar dena , so easy n nice way of dealing a matter Tongue

Okay .. I didn't mean that kind of silence, not in terms of fights or in conversation. Leave it, I don't want to go into detail! 

And no that's definitely not a good way of dealing with the matter.. its always better to converse (or even yell at each other) than to keep stuff from your partner, 'coz it just makes things worse, since both of you will become more angry and frustrated .. and I'm talking about people in a relationship, not two friends or strangers! 

Anyways let's just leave it at  .. only the person being abused can judge whether something said or done to him/her was abusive or not! 
boreddamsel IF-Rockerz
boreddamsel
boreddamsel

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 10:46am | IP Logged
@Aarya.. I just skimmed your last comment to Moomin. Maybe I have misunderstood what you are trying to say.. or you have misunderstood what she and I am trying to say. 

No one is saying don't talk about rape .. or about abuse, if that's the case then we have no right to even comment here.. 'coz that's what we are doing! I can't even say stop writing fiction that glorifies rape.. the same way we can't stop people from gossiping and spreading rumors! 

This post was an attempt to explain that abuse is never good, even if you read it in a fairy tale, an epic, a love story with a happy ending, a TV show or a movie! Again, this wasn't an attempt to tell people to stop writing or talking or producing shows or movies about it.. but to get readers/viewers to think twice before they judge the content .. whether its right or wrong! 

But, let me read your other comments in detail later and I will be back to comment! 

-Aarya-

Go to top