Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

emeraldeye

Goldie

emeraldeye

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 5:06am | IP Logged
I'm not sure how many have you read the classic 'Pride and prejudice' by Jane Austen. Being a diehard fan of her novels, I'm amazed that how well she understood human emotions. I couldn't stop myself from drawing a parallel between Amit and Mr. Darcy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start with both belong to rich / wealthy families and are unmarried.

Mr.Darcy comes across as proud, condescending while Amit comes across as rude, arrogant, blunt, and egoistic.

Initially both of them have resentment towards the protagonist main lead (Elizabeth /Amita).

Mr.Darcy makes a poor impression on strangers but is valued by those who know him well. Don't you think this is perfectly applicable to Amit too? When he was introduced in the show how many of us actually liked him? But our perception changed after he helped Jigna in the time of need.

Circumstance force both of them to spend more time with the protagonist where they change the opinion and finally fall in love.

In the end both of them come out as the perfect gentlemen having a beautiful heart.

Do pour in your comments too!!!

Edited by emeraldeye - 24 March 2013 at 5:40am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

yellowmetest21Raleighbcatwoosterfa.starzeezee09_G1234_shivenizuenamonumoluohmygodurgreatsamrudhi.rsweetmadhurihappy_cupcake

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Amit our Mr.Darcy??" in Amita ka Amit forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nan6

Goldie

nan6

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 5:16am | IP Logged
ya i really agree with you.
I hope Amit will be like Mr.Darcy after some days(after marriage) i think so.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

fa.starzuenaemeraldeye

happy_cupcake

IF-Sizzlerz

happy_cupcake

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 8:40am | IP Logged
did u read the article "The Darcy Appeal" in today's Sunday Times ??
well...i hope he turns out be like Darcy at the endDay Dreaming

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fa.staremeraldeye

emeraldeye

Goldie

emeraldeye

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arnie15

Well it would be a lie if I said no Wink.

After reading that article, I was taken back to the fairyland of Darcy/Beth Day Dreaming. Even though the novel was written 200 yrs back it is so amazing that the plot still holds good Clap. Boy meets girlSmile, both hate each otherAngry, circumstance forces them to spent time togetherWink and their opinion changes Heart. And same holds true for the AKA story too!!

fa.starhappy_cupcake

samrudhi.r

IF-Dazzler

samrudhi.r

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 4:49am | IP Logged
yes u are right. When u mention i see the similarity.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

emeraldeye

cosmos2010

cosmos2010

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Mr Darcy was attracted by Eliza's wit and spontaneity he saw in her something superior and intelligent.
Amita on the other hand is simple and innocent the reason for Amit's attraction is unclear other than being pushed into the marriage by his friends and family. Amit is still confused.

emeraldeye

happy_cupcake

IF-Sizzlerz

happy_cupcake

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by emeraldeye

Originally posted by arnie15

Well it would be a lie if I said no Wink.

After reading that article, I was taken back to the fairyland of Darcy/Beth Day Dreaming. Even though the novel was written 200 yrs back it is so amazing that the plot still holds good Clap. Boy meets girlSmile, both hate each otherAngry, circumstance forces them to spent time togetherWink and their opinion changes Heart. And same holds true for the AKA story too!!

ya...the same old story but its still so fascinating 

zeezee09emeraldeye

zeezee09

zeezee09

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
We did Jane Austin novels in school but I do not recall to much, but totally agree with the resemblance of Darcy(fell in love with his character) and Amirt - both arrogant and pompous. Elizabeth too was mousy and not very attractive and so is our Amita. And eventually they will fall in love and live happily ever after...sigh!

emeraldeye

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.