Frequent Posters

-Xpress- thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Kushi vented all that was inside her to arnav... good
awesome update
sonarajasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
arnav need to know khushi's pain and fears...awesome update...luv it...
Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I warned u... Ek din se jada control nahi kar sakat hum andar ke kalakar koo... So here u go... Dedication to almost kisses... And demand for the update... All in one...

Movie... Hum...
Song... Guess karoo πŸ˜›

aree ooo Simtaaa...mere janeman... Thread par aa...
Pichalee ratt ko tuu boli thee... Update dungii... Aja ka wada hainnn... Kaha hain update...

Smitaa update dedee... Update de de Smita...

πŸ€ͺ 🀣 🀣
devsum thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome... I am speechless at how perfectly u expresses Khushi's anguish. Superb...
Jyo.Arshi.IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
smita update pls !!!! πŸ˜³
aquagal thumbnail
Amazing update... Loved how Khushi let out all her hidden pain and anguish for the way Arnav has always treated her and specially on Diwali night when they were so close and a beautiful beginning was beginning to take place but Arnav ruined it all with his harsh words and much cruel action.
smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: sayali_d23

I warned u... Ek din se jada control nahi kar sakat hum andar ke kalakar koo... So here u go... Dedication to almost kisses... And demand for the update... All in one...

Movie... Hum...
Song... Guess karoo πŸ˜›

aree ooo Simtaaa...mere janeman... Thread par aa...
Pichalee ratt ko tuu boli thee... Update dungii... Aja ka wada hainnn... Kaha hain update...

Smitaa update dedee... Update de de Smita...

πŸ€ͺ 🀣 🀣

Chumma Chumma De De...Chumma Chumma De De Chumma...

Section 3 posted as promised!πŸ˜†

Smita

rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
OS 2: Finding Khushi

Part 13 

Section 3

He sat by her for the good part of the night, gently smoothing unruly strands of hair from her forehead, touching the softness of her cheeks, covering her with her red & blue blanket, curling his fingers into hers...

Buaji and the others sat in the living room, taking turns to check on the pair at intervals. Buaji called Nani to inform her that Arnav Bitwaa was in her house, sitting watch over Khushi... Nani, Anjali, & Mami joined their hands in prayer...

Payal and Amma took Arnav tea & snacks. He nodded his thanks, but did not let go of Khushi's hand. 

Amma looked at Buaji, helpless. Buaji said, "Hai Re Nandkisore!" and fanned herself.

Khushi woke up around dawn. 

She felt warm and loved. Light. Weightless like a balloon. As though she could fly away any moment... She smiled and stretched her limbs in pleasure, and then opened her eyes. 

Arnav Singh Raizada was sitting on her bed, by her side, looking down at her, a warm look in his eyes...

Her eyes widened to rival saucers. Memories of her pushing him against the wall, shaking him by the collar, shouting her anguish at him... crying all over him... letting him glimpse the ocean of sorrow and pain in her... flashed through her mind's eye. She had left nothing unsaid. Khushi cringed to think of how she had revealed her heart to him...

She sat up with a jerk, pulling the blanket tighter around her.

"Marry me, Khushi." He pulled the blanket away from her. She tried to pull it back, but to no avail.

"No." She tried to get off the bed. He blocked her.

"Khushi... I am... I am very sorry... very sorry.. for hurting you. Not just on Diwali night. For every time. I am sorry for every word that hurt you. For making you cry...", Arnav stammered.

Khushi turned her head away.

Her dupatta was missing. She looked around. It was by her on the bed, one edge trailing on the ground. She quickly pulled it up & hung it around her neck.

"It is time for you to leave.", she said, her face & voice expressionless. "Your family will be wondering where you are."

"Khushi... I didn't mean to hurt you...", he started.

"If Buaji finds out that you are here...", Khushi threatened.

"She saw me sitting here, by you.", Arnav said.

Khushi's mouth and eyes widened into big 'O's.

"Khushi...", he started again.

She pushed him away, and jumped out of bed. Arnav stood up slowly.

"This is Laxmi Nagar, not RM. You are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Go home, Mr. Raizada.", she said, trying to gather the remnants of her tattered dignity together.

"Marry me, Khushi."

"How many times should I tell you that I won't? How many times should I refuse you? Why can't you let me live in peace? Why can't you understand the word 'No'?", she pretended anger.

Arnav caught her by her shoulders and hauled her close to him.

"Because I love you, dammit!", he bit out.

They stood staring at each other, panting. His fingers on her shoulders trembled.

A few moments later, Khushi managed to free herself. She moved back.

"But you don't believe in love.", she said, her eyes on his.

"I didn't know what love was.", he said softly.

"You don't believe in marriage.", she said, her breath hitching at the look in his eyes.

"Nothing but marriage will do now.", he whispered.

"People change. Couples grow apart...", she repeated his words.

"I will never let you go away from me...", he murmured.

"It is impossible for two people to live together for ever...", she quoted him.

"It is impossible for both of us to live apart...", he countered.

"My aukat...", she began.

"I don't give a damn!"

Khushi raised her eyebrow, pretending surprise.

"My middle-class mentality...", she reminded him.

"I am thankful for it.", he sighed.

"I am too poor for you.", she looked him in the eye.

"I am rich enough for both of us.", he said.

Khushi laughed, but without mirth, her lips twisting in a grimace.

"I don't trust you.", she said, finally.

Arnav gulped. "I will make you trust me.", he said.

"The world does not revolve according to your resolve, Mr. Raizada.", she said wryly.

"I know. But I will make you trust me. And I promise..."

"I don't want your promises...", Khushi said.

"I will never hurt you again, Khushi. Not by a word. Not by an action..."

Khushi laughed. "You will find it very difficult to be such a good boy after being a spoilt brat all your life!"

Arnav smiled. "Just give me time, Khushi. I promise I will make you trust me."

Khushi shook her head.

"You forget that I have seen you in action with Lavanyaji, Mr. Raizada! I will never trust you."

Arnav felt her small hand close around his heart.

"You used to hug her and your eyes would be on me. Then you touched me and ran away to propose to her. You were about to get engaged to her but you cancelled it and came to propose to me..." Khushi clutched her head. "You make me dizzy. With your impetuous ways and sudden, unpredictable decisions. And all taken without counting the cost to others. Not caring about the upheaval you cause in the lives of others..."

"Khushi..."

"Don't say 'sorry'. Words are easy... maybe not for you... but they are easier than acting on them..."

"Khushi..."

"Naniji should have taken a stick to you when you threw tantrums in your childhood...", she said thoughtfully. "I wish Lavanyaji had atleast 4 brothers to teach you a lesson you would never forget... Atleast that would make you think twice before you looked at another girl and offered her a live in ...", she paused. 

Arnav stared at her, feeling the hurt hidden behind her simple words. 

"Chodiye! What is the use of wishing for things that will never happen?", she sighed.

"Would you like to hit me, Khushi? Will it make you feel better?", he asked softly.

Khushi smiled. It was more a grimace than a smile.

"I am not your Nani. Or your Amma. Or your Di. It is not my job to punish you for bad behaviour and lack of manners."

Arnav stared at her for long moments, her hurt reflected in his eyes.

"Tell me.", Khushi finally asked. "How will you tell Lavanyaji that you have proposed to me?"

Arnav stared at her.

"Or were you planning to take the coward's way out and not tell her?"

Arnav had no reply to give.

"How do you think she will feel?"

He had no reply. Again.

"She believed that you hated me, just as I did. She believed that I was helping her to fit into your life... that I was clearing the path to make her your wife. Just as I did. Then when she finds out that you are in the process of proposing to me, how do you think she will feel?"

Arnav's mouth was dry.

"Cheated? Betrayed? Tricked? Made a fool of?", Khushi gave him options. 

Arnav sat down.

"Don't her tears mean anything? She must have cried all the way to London... alone... Her parents must have asked her why her sagai did not take place... Her friends must have asked her... Or does the fact that she wears short clothes and believes that people can live together without marriage make her hard hearted?"

Arnav met her eyes. His eyes were red & moist.

"Are you sure you have done the right thing by choosing me over Lavanyaj... this time? Maybe you should meet her again. It will help you make up your mind.", Khushi smiled wryly.

"I know what I want, Khushi. You. And only you." His voice revealed his determination. "I love you. Only you. And I will marry you. However long it takes. I will make you trust me."

Khushi looked at him.

"But you are right. I need to apologise to Lavanya. I didn't think... In trying to push you out of my life, I hurt her. I was so busy running away from my feelings for you, that..." He shook his head in self-disgust. "I should apologise to her. I will."

Khushi nodded.

Part 13:Section 2: 78893790  Part 14:Section 1:79084451
Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Smita,😊

Here is the interpretation to Section 3 of Part 13.

Arnav sat on Khushi's bed gently caressing her face, soothing her with his touch and giving her the much needed warmth and a sense of belonging making her feel secure and let her have a good rejuvenating sleep.

Buaji and others sat in the living room peeping in at regular intervals. Buaji had called Nani and informed her of Arnav's presence in their house and keeping a watch over sleeping Khushi. At RM the ladies hoped those two would come to an amicable solution and kept their fingers crossed. The three sent prayers to the Almighty to bestow the two with enlightenment and their heart's desire. Even when Payal and Amma brought him snacks and tea, though Arnav thanked them, he didn't leave Khushi's hand. Seeing this Amma who was always thinking of the social propriety was worried, but Buaji invoking the name of her deity meant that everything was happening as per the will of God.

Khushi woke up at dawn. She felt light, warm and loved. She felt she was weightless as though she was a feather that could just float away even at the wisp of a gentle breeze. Stretching her limbs in pleasure with a smile breaking on her lips, she opened her eyes to take in the pleasant sight of Arnav Singh Raizada sitting on her bed looking at her with all the love he felt making her bask in his love. Suddenly she recalled all that had happened the previous night. Memories of last night flooded her, making her open her eyes wide like a saucer. She recalled that she shoved him against the wall, grabbing him by the collar and trying to shake the living daylights out of him, targeting him with her anguish, drenching him with her tears, letting him perceive the damage and the pain his actions, speech and thoughts had done to her. She remembered she had not minced words while letting out the rage that had been building pressure inside her and had spit it out in a violent burst like a volcanic eruption that spews molten lava along with the pyroclast. She had not given Arnav a chance even to get in a word. Though, at that moment she had given vent to her feelings, now she felt like crawling into the Earth for revealing her innermost thoughts to him. She was embarrassed for having her heart laid out in open. Once this thought entered her mind she sat up with a jerk pulling the blanket tighter around her. Pullling away the blanket he asked her to marry him. She tried to grab her blanket in vain. Saying that she wouldn't she got off the bed but he blocked her.

He asked her forgiveness for hurting her, not just on the Diwali night. Overcome by remorse, said haltingly that he was sorry. He asked her forgiveness for uttering every word that hurt her. He asked her forgiveness for making her cry.

But Khushi turned her face away and searched for her dupatta. Finding it by her side she hung it around her neck. With a wooden face she told him that it was time for him to leave and his family might be worried about him. He once again told her that he hadn't meant to hurt her, but Khushi cut him saying that if her Buaji finds him with her  and left the rest unsaid. When Arnav informed her that Buaji was aware and had seen him too, had her eyes and mouth open with big O's. Again his attempt to talk to her was thwarted by her pushing him and jumping out of her bed saying that it was Laxmi Nagar and not RM and he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. She tried to shepherd him out of her room by asking him to go home and addressing him as Mr, Raizada. It was an attempt by her to gather the remnants of her dignity. But Arnav was single minded and persistent.  He again asked her to marry him. Worn by his persistence, pretending to be angry she told him that how many times does he need to be told that, she would not marry him. How many times was it needed for her to refuse to make him understand? How was it that he couldn't understand the word no? Why was it he was not allowing her to live in peace were her response to his question. Arnav at his tether end, grabbing her by her shoulder, hauling her small frame close to him bit out, Because I love you, dammit! His verbalized acknowledgement of his love towards her had both stare at each other panting. His fingers on her shoulders trembled. Recovering first, Khushi stepped away from him, and without wavering her eyes questioned him with all the things he had told her before that he had believed in. She told  him that he doesn't believe in love. He told her that he did not know what love was earlier. She said that he doesn't believe in marriage. The look he gave made her hold her breath. In a whisper he countered her with, nothing but marriage suffices him. She persisted and said that people change and with time couples grow apart. He pledged that he'll never let her go away from him. Quoting him she said that it is impossible for two people to live together forever. He countered that with, it is impossible to both of them to live apart. When she started to say her status, he cut in and said that he gives tuppence for it making her raise her brow in pretended surprise. When she raised the issue of her middle-class mentality he told her that he was grateful for it. When she tried to hackle him saying that she was too poor he told her that his wealth was enough for both of them.

This answer of his elicited a mirthless laugh quirking her lips into a smirk and suggested that she doesn't trust him. The whole charade was based on this single factor of TRUST. Arnav who knew that he had done things that had made her not to trust him, did not think that it would boil down to, this being outrightly thrown at his face! He gulped and mustering all his strength he answered her that he would make her trust him. Her retort that the world does not revolve around him and his decisions made him say that he knows it.  But he promised her that he would make her place her trust on him. She countered him with rejection of his promises! Hearing it he vouched that he would never hurt her again neither with words nor with deeds. Khushi laughed at his words and said that it would be very difficult for him to be well behaved(good boy?) as he had been a spoilt brat all along. He smiled at her choice of words. He repeated to her to give him a chance to prove himself trustworthy. Shaking her head, ( Unbelievable! What the!????) Khushi said that she had seen him in action with Lavanya and what she had seen wouldn't make her trust him. Arnav felt as though  she was squeezing his heart. She cut his heart into shreds with her straight talk. She told him that he used to hug Lavanya while his eyes would be peering at her. He had touched her one moment and the very next had run away and proposed to Lavanya. He was on the verge of getting engaged to Lavanya he had it called off and then he had come over with a proposal to her. She told him that his urge to do things suddenly and the unknown in unexpected ways leave her in a tizzy. All the things are done without even considering the impact and hurt it inflicts on others. He is not bothered about the tempest that his actions bring into the lives of others. When he tried to object her by saying Khushi... She cut him by asking not to say sorry as saying sorry in words is easy, though it may not be for him who doesn't utter much other than scathing remarks, but they are still easier to verbalize than show it in deed.

When again he tried to put in a word she would not relent. She was on a roll. She told him that Naniji should have caned him when as a child he used to throw tantrums. Pausing for a moment, delving into her own thoughts, she told him that she fervently wished Lavanya had at least four brothers who could teach him a lesson of his lifetime. It would have been a  lesson that he would never forget. Then at least he would ponder over his thoughts on live-in arrangement before inviting any girl. Hearing her lambasting him he stared at her quietly, sensing the hurt hidden behind her words. With a sigh she told him to that it was no use to wish for things that could never happen. Then he asked her in a soft , gentle voice, whether she would like to whip him to get relief and release her from pain, she told him with a smirk that she was not his Nani, his Amma or his Di. It was not her job to chastise him for his unruly behavior and lack of manners. Arnav stared at her feeling of sense of betrayal. His eyes reflected her inner turmoil along with the feeling of his inadequacy at making her trust his words, feeling the desperateness of the situation.

Finally Khushi posed him a question that needed to be answered by him. She asked him how will he tell Lavanya that he has proposed to Khushi, or was he planning to take a coward's path and not to tell her. With this query that had been thrown at him for clarification, Arnav just was left staring at her for he had no answer to it.

Continuing her verbal assault Khushi told him that Lavanya believed that he hated Khushi, just as she herself had thought. Lavanya had believed that Khushi was helping her to ease into the life of Arnav as his wife, as the Raizada Bahu. Then if she finds that Arnav was in the stage of proposing to Khushi what would be her state of mind? What would she be feeling? Spewing a few words for option like cheated, betrayed, tricked, made a fool of? she provoked him into thinking of his actions. Arnav who had become speechless after hearing how his deliberate actions and decisions taken in anger were in reality, felt his legs give out and sat on her bed. He had never thought of the things that Khushi was questioning him about.

She asked him that don't Lavanya's tears mean anything to him? She was sure Lavanya would have shed tears all the way to back home, while she was all alone. Her parents, her friends would have questioned her about the broken relation. Or does the fact that being modern, wearing clothes of latest fashion make one without feelings? Arnav's eyes met hers. His eyes were red and moist. She asked him whether he was sure of having chosen right by opting for her over Lavanya this time. She told him with a wry smile that meeting Lavanya once again would help him in making the correct decision.

Arnav who was quiet for so long told her with determination that he knows what he wants and it was her. She was the only one for him. He pledged that he only loved her and would marry her however long that it might take him to earn her trust. Khushi looked at him hearing the ring of earnestness in his voice. He continued to say that she was right in telling him that he needed to apologize to Lavanya. He had really not thought of the entire incident in the same light as her. While he was trying to push Khushi away from him Lavanya had become a pawn and was hurt. He was so engrossed getting out of the clutches of his feelings for Khushi that he was blind to everything else. Shaking his head at self-disgust he told her that there is an absolute necessity for him to apologize to Lavanya and he will do so. Hearing his decision Khushi just nodded her agreement.

This update can be summed up with a word ACKNOWLEDGE!

We see Arnav acknowledging that his presence was necessary to soothe Khushi to sleep peacefully and he spends the night sitting by her side, giving her the warmth of his touch.

"The way he's watching me makes me feel needed like no one's ever been able to make me feel. In a way, he makes me feel necessary. Like my existence alone is necessary for his survival"

~ Colleen Hoover, Hopeless

We see Khushi unconsciously acknowledging the influence of Arnav in her life by sleeping well in his presence.

"Thus much indeed he was obliged to acknowledge - that he had been constant unconsciously, nay unintentionally; that he had meant to forget her, and believed it to be done. He had imagined himself indifferent, when he had only been angry; and he had been unjust to her merits, because he had been a sufferer from them"

~Jane Austen, Persuasion

We see that Buaji acknowledging Arnav as the Sanka Dev for her Sanka Devi and permitting him to stay with her.

We see Garima and Payal acknowledging his care for Khushi and his capacity to soothe her by offering him snacks and tea throughout his vigil.

"The right mixture of caring and not caring - I suppose that's what love is"

~ James Hilton,                                                             Nothing So Strange

We see Nani, Anjali and Mami acknowledging the role of Arnav in Khushi's life. They acknowledge that he as being the one to inflict her with wounds and also he as the one who can heal it.

"Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us"

~ David Richo

Khushi acknowledges that her behavior towards Arnav the previous night was embarassing her and he had taken it in his stride without giving in to his famous temper.

Though he apologizes, she acknowledges it as insufficient. She tells him even for those who verbalize very little, it is easier to say in words than in deeds.

"What you do is what matters, not what you think or say or plan"

~ Jason Fried, Rework

By refusing to acknowledge his apology she riles him so much that he is goaded to acknowledge his love for her by verbalizing it! Only Arnav Singh Raizada can acknowledge his love in anger along with a swear!!!

A good speech has a beginning, a middle and an end, the best example being, "I love you."                                                              ~ Robert Brault

Then acknowledging that she doesn't believe when he said "I Love You Dammit" she makes him acknowledge all those things that she held as dear were of true value and not his. She makes him acknowledge it and eat the crow as he is the one who had neither apologized nor ever doubted himself or his deeds.

"What you do is what matters, not what you think or say or plan"

~ Jason Fried, Rework

By pointing out that he had defiled Lavanya in her own eyes, as well as that of her parents, friends and society, Khushi Kumari Gupta makes Arnav Singh Raizada acknowledge that there is a need for him to apologize to Lavanya and also personally break the news of him wanting to propose to Khushi. That would be the most decent thing to do and it was not an option but an obligation.

"A promise made is a debt unpaid"

~ Robert W. Service

By acknowledging all these he has acknowledged that Khushi is the most important person in his life and needs her with him always.

"In the desert, the only god is a well"

~Vera Nazarian,                                                       Dreams of the Compass Rose                                  

By getting Arnav acknowledge all the things that she had spewed at him, Khushi has acknowledged that she is a force in his life. By giving him the direction and channelizing his thoughts on things that he never even dreamt of she has acknowledged that for her Arnav Singh Raizada going in the correct path is of utmost importance and by giving a thought and berating at his wrongdoings she has acknowledged that she cares a lot for him and he has a place in her life where no one other than him can occupy.

"The bittersweet about truth is that nothing could be more hurtful, yet nothing could be more helpful"

~ Mike Norton,                                                           Just Another War Story

That's why I have called it ACKNOWLEDGE

"Dreams and needs tear down fortress of impossibility"

~ Toba Beta,                                                                 Betelgeuse Incident

That's it from me. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
Jyo.Arshi.IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Smita !!!! u are ripping my heart out !!!! πŸ˜­

so much pain for arhi !!! khushi's words will be like branding him with hot iron and her pain at his past treatment !!! its all too much to bear !!!

pls make them together !!!! arnav can apologise to lavanya but want to see arhi otgether before that happens !!! 

Edited by Jyo.Arshi.IPK - 11 years ago