Looking back through time, OS I wrote long ago :)

-Serene.Rose- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
here's my entry for da  JAJ OS contest.. I'm posting here so that some of u, if missed reading can read now...
i wanna be a writer in future. writing is my passion n i write mostly fanfictions and short stories nd poems...
my bakwas ends here... so have a look at my entry which ended up as runner up😃😳

LOOKING BACK THROUGH TIME

A JAJ ONESHOT

Its new year. Jeannie was very excited to celebrate her first new year, being a free bird after 2000 years.

"good morning juju!" she greeted Vicky.

He flashed her a grin and asked her why she was so happy.

"Its new year juju! and I'm celebrating with you! Isse zyada mujhe kya chahiye.. main soch rahi thi, ghar mein kyoun na ek party ho jaye?"

Vicky smiled, "party toh hogi! Priya jo plan kar rahi hai... "

Jeannie frowned at that, Vicky decided to change the topic.

"acha jeannie, what's your new year resolution?"

Jeannie blinked, "yeh resolution kya hota hai juju.."

Vicky laughed at her innocence, "mitram, resolution means taking a decision.. aane wale saal mein khud ko badalne keliye aur acha banne keliye, log aksar resolutions lete hai.. ab bolo what's your resolution?"

"mujhe kuch nahi badalna.. main jaisi hoon, vaisi theek hoon, hai na?"

"Ji nahin! ok, your resolution will be no masti and no shaitaani... samjhi?"

"par juju..  masti  na karoongii toh aur kya karoongi?  aur mai shaitaani toh bilkul nahi karti, juju.. please "

"acha, tum shaitaani nahi karti? are kitne logon ko tumne pareshaan kia! Doctor, Chatur ji, Vela... ab no shaitaani, masti karo but no shaitaani."

Jeannie agreed reluctantly.

"poochogi nahi meri resolution kya hai? " Vicky asked her.

She rolled her eyes, "teekhi mirchi ko khush rakhna..?"

"nahi.. apni Jeannie ko sambhalna.." Vicky smiled genuinely, "jo pichle saal hua, woh is saal  nahi hoga. main tumhe khona nahi chahta Jeannie.. "

Jeannie gave a watery smile, "sach juju?"

"sach.."

Before she could feel shy, there was a knock on the door. She was about to disappear when vela entered.

"Vela tu?" Vicky squeaked, "what a surprise! tum yaha? aaj monday hai yar.. aur office hai!"

"I know Vicky. Isiliye aaya hoon.. aaj 31st, yaani naye saal ki raat. I wanna do something special. do you guys have a plan?" Vela asked the duo.

"no special plans vela, just Priya ke yahan party hai.. " Vicky responded .

"mere paas ek badhiya plan hai!" Jeannie exclaimed.

"kya?" Vicky and Vela were excited.

"kaal yantr.." she smiled.

"kaal yantr?" Vicky  and Vela were confused.

"haan! Duggu ne mujhse kahan ki saal mein ek baar mein kaal yantr mein safar kar sakti hoon.. aur do hazar saalon mein kya kya hua woh sab dekh sakti hoon!"

Vela was confused but Vicky got the hint, "kaal yantr.. time machine! kya hum sach mein apne past ko iske zariye dekh sakte hai Jeannie?"

"bilkul.. "

It was decided, the three of them would go on their maiden trip through the time at six pm that evening. Vicky couldn't wait to go time travelling. Who knew life could be so fun.. all thanks to Jeannie!

~~
After office hours Vela returned with Vicky. After relaxing for a bit, everyone was ready. Jeannie quickly summoned the kaal yantar (time machine).

A huge structure appeared, which was akin to the time machine seen in hollywood movies. Vicky was gawking and Vela pinched himself.

The magnificient door to the time machine opened and a voice was heard.

"Meri pyari pothi.. khayal rahe,  musibaton se door rehna aur ek ghante tak safar ka maza lena. raaste mein kaal yantr ka ajooba tumhari madad karega... "

Jeannie jumped up in excitement, "thank you duggu dadi!"

They almost boarded the ship when Vela stopped them.

"Hum jayenge kahan?"

"kaheen bhi.. "  Vicky answered him, "Jeannie mujhe yeh dekhna hai.. ki taj mahal bana kaise.."

"aur mujhe Wright brothers ke yaha jaana hai! " Vela grinned.

"kyoun?"

"woh kya hai na.. Jeannie mujhe early 19 th century mein chod dena. phir dekhna.. aeroplane inventor hoga Vela, telephone ka inventor hoga Vela aur... "

"world war ka shahid hoga Vela.. " Vicky sniggered.

"yes! aww no.. " Vela frowned.

"Vela its already six pm! chalo.. hume saat baje tak vaapis aajana chahiye.. chalo Jeannie. Isko na dinosaur ke yahan chod dete hai. "

"kya Vicky, mazak tha yar!" Vela shook his head.

Jeannie laughed and they set off.

~~

"mere kaal yantr ke Ajooba.. madad karo, lejao hume waha jaha hua sabse badaa hadsa.."

Jeannie's magic time machine began rotating at high speed before disappearing into thin air.
They landed on what seemed like a warplane.

Vicky shrieked, "Jeannie! yeh Hiroshima hai.. mujhe nahi marnaa!"

"kaise pilot hai aap juju.. mujhe na wars bahut ache lagte hai, dekho kaise bam giraa rahe hai! maza aaraha hai.. hai na? "

"Jeannie woh diwali ka bam nahi.. atom bomb hai! niklo yahan se! Are Vela.. tujhe kya hogaya.."

"atom bomb ko kabhi dekha nahi na.. " Vela was like 'chalo dekhlete hai.'

" accha tu yahan ruk.. main boss se kehdeta hoon tu world war mein shahid hogaya.." Vicky was about to leave.

"tu harbaat pe mujhse naraaz hota hai.. ruk main bhi aaya.. " Vela caught up with them.
~~

Then they appeared in what seemed like a backyard. Two brothers were working on a miniature aircraft.

The Wright brothers! Vicky shook his hands with them, "I'm your huge fan!"

Vela frowned, "aeroplane mujhe invent karna tha.. "

Jeannie elbowed him. The two brothers were confused.

"We're a failure! Looks like you are mistaken. We don't have any fans. You see the engine won't work. Its like we failed again.. our aircraft won't fly!" one of them exclaimed.

Vicky told him he was a pilot from PA, he's from the future.

"I am working in an airlines because you succeeded... "

He encouraged the two brothers that they'd definitely succeed in their experiments and boarded the time machine again.

"aage kaha jaana hai. .. haan! chalo dinosaur se milte hai.. " Vicky laughed.

~~
Soon they were in the ancient land where only beasts survived.

Vicky was amazed as he saw a huge dinosaur as he got down from his ship.

"Vicky yeh mazak nahi.. humare ship ko kuch ho jaye, isse pehle niklo!" Vela was panicked.

A large flying dinosaur was about to attack them.

"lets go juju! mere jaadu se hum ghar vaapis nahi jaapayenge! hurry! ship mein chad jaao.. "

Somehow they managed to escape. Later, they saw how taj mahal was built, had dinner with Akbar badshah, took a photograph with Birbal, listened to Tansen.

~
It was ten minutes to seven. Ajooba warned them to quickly wrap up their tour.

"ab bahut hua past.. chalo ek aakhri baar future ki taraf chalte hai.. " Vela suggested.

Vicky found it appealing.

~
2121 AD!

As soon as Jeannie's time machine landed by a roadside. Alarm went off. Spot light was focussed and Vicky saw several space ships buzzing at a height above them.

"Jeannie tum hume mars pe le aayi ho kya?" he asked.

"no juju.. yeh apna planet hai!"

"Par yeh log apne nahi bhaago!" Vela shrieked in horror as he saw some weird creatures approaching them.

"ruko unke saath ek aadmi bhi hai.. " Vicky held on to his tie.

The officer approached, "tum logon ka aise aana mana hai.."

"are yeh hindi bol raha hai!" Vela laughed.

"Yeah.. any problem?" the only human officer glared at him.

"aliens yaha dharti pe.. ?" Vicky wondered aloud.

"hmm.. its 2121 you see and the world didn't end. It just expanded, " the officer explained.

"we should go.. " Vicky muttered and the officer nodded.

Five minutes to go!

"Jeannie, hume apna future jaanna hai thoda, jaldi karo!"Vela pleaded. Jeannie directed the machine to the near future.

~
2o3o

An elderly Priya was seen shouting from kitchen. She was voicing her kids and her husband to get ready soon. Everything was a blur, time was running out and Jeannie and others couldn't even get down.

But Vicky clearly saw the photograph hanging on the wall. what the.. it was Priya and Vela? He eyed Vela who was shocked as well.

Scene shifted to what looked like Vicky's house.

Jeannie saw herself  teaching some magic tricks to some children, all aged under 12. Her kids? Where was her husband? A voice could be heard saying " Jeannie bachon ko mat bigaadna.. "

Vicky wondered, why did it sound familiar? that voice.. was his??

Before the three of them could see Jeannie's husband approaching them, everything went pitch dark. The 3 were once again in Vicky's home.

~~ few hours later

The party began at Priya's home. Vicky felt sad, not because priya married Vela in future, but because he warned Jeannie not to come and she obeyed.

It was 12am, Priya wished him happy new year. His mind was still lingering over her, his Jeannie.

"kyoun nahi aayi tum?" he wondered and that was when everything went still.

It was as if everything froze except for his clock which went back to show exactly 12 am.

His gaze shifted around, "Jeannie?"

"Happy new year juju.. " she hugged him and they shared a smile before everything was normal again.

"Vicky!" Priya was whining at him, "ab cake kaatein?"

He pocketed the rose that Jeannie left for him and whispered back, "happy new year Jeannie... "

He'd wish her personally later. For now it was him and Priya, but looking back through time he knew.. it would be him and Jeannie.. forever!

~fin~

hope u liked :)

Edited by Priyamvada - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Serene.Rose- thumbnail

awww u have read it already na... thank u! ani
-Serene.Rose- thumbnail
ani i wanna say... i love u gal! dil se.. <3

Arnisha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Priyamvada

ani i wanna say... i love u gal! dil se.. <3

luv ya 2 yeh bhi dil se my hunny bunny... 😳😳😳
Dr.Fear thumbnail
A standing ovation 4 u priyan
pratimadas thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
From me tooo priyamvada...
Dr.Fear thumbnail
U wrote excellent n no words can describe it
pratimadas thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yesss priyamvada ..Owesome..

have-a-dream thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
girl it's amazing yar...you wanna be a writer, then go for it girl, that's completely in u...loved it..
Dr.Fear thumbnail

Originally posted by: have-a-dream

girl it's amazing yar...you wanna be a writer, then go for it girl, that's completely in u...loved it..

yes u can be a gr8 writer 👍🏼