Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Sujatha.rao

IF-Rockerz

Sujatha.rao

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
I am a mother of two. But I never knew what biochemical pregnancy was till yesterday. Not trusting KTLK CVs, whose research skills and eye for detail are anyway legendary, I thought to google the term. Here is what I found.

Biochemical pregnancy.  A biochemical pregnancy occurs when a woman becomes pregnant yet has a spontaneous loss of the fetus before she even knew she was pregnant.  If hCG testing occurs before all of the hCG has been metabolized out of the body then hCG can be detected by a lab test.  This situation is not as uncommon as one might think for two reasons.  First, hCG tests are frequently performed in healthcare settings in order to identify the pregnant patient in order to avoid any medical interventions that are potentially harmful to a fetus.  Second, hCG tests are capable of detecting very low concentrations of the hormone.  The high frequency of testing combined with the analytical sensitivity of the tests means that biochemical pregnancies are easily detected.

This seems to imply that Nidhi was indeed pregnant but spontaneously aborted or miscarried. However, she categorically said that she had missed two cycles. Is that possible in the case of biochemical pregnancy? If so, then why did the doctor say that  Nidhi was not pregnant? Should she not have said that she lost her baby in a very early stage?

I would be grateful to the doctors on this forum if they clarified on this. Forget the crap ending to the show, But let us not leave with half baked knowledge of medical terms, I know we already believe that Alzheimer's. has a cure and glioblastoma is about as life threatening as the common cold, thanks to KTLK. Must say the show has been doing yeoman service to the medical profession!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 21 March 2013 at 9:04pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

mompyamit1944shalini.malik72Armu4evafanktlkSG200aardhanSuvika.-deepali17-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Biochemical pregnancy!" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SG200

IF-Dazzler

SG200

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Bio chemical pregnancy is early,very early miscarriage when the embryo fails to implant properly in the uterus.Since the hCG is produced it may get detected by pregnancy kit test.I don't want to get into details bec they are absolutely not required here...My pov is that when CV's have come up with miracle cure for every disease even Alzheimers then what was the need to touch this topic at this stage...they could have shown it in oct itself instead of that torturous Khushi track!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaaardhan-deepali17-

Sujatha.rao

IF-Rockerz

Sujatha.rao

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SD812

Bio chemical pregnancy is early,very early miscarriage when the embryo fails to implant properly in the uterus.Since the hCG is produced it may get detected by pregnancy kit test.I don't want to get into details bec they are absolutely not required here...My pov is that when CV's have come up with miracle cure for every disease even Alzheimers then what was the need to touch this topic at this stage...they could have shown it in oct itself instead of that torturous Khushi track!

Shubhangi, What of the missed cycles...? If she has missed two, then she must be a good two months pregnant, right? And does miscarriage not imply physical symptoms? 

But yes, this could have been a very good track. Nidhi does not want to get pregnant but ends up with a pregnancy scare. She is terribly upset over the thought of how this could affect her career etc and regrets the pregnancy. Then, it is revealed as a biochemical pregnancy. Instead of relief, she ends up with a sense of loss. How she and Ashutosh come to terms with that, how the whole episode tests and then strengthens their bond,,,this could indeed have been a very good track! Certainly not when you have four epis left though!

Cutie4197SG200aardhan

SG200

IF-Dazzler

SG200

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Sujatha, very early abortions that usually occur before fourth- sixth week from LMP are usually called Chemical pregnancy...later than that they are called clinical abortions.And as you know Logic was never a forte of KTLK so it's better to leave it.Getting into details won't serve any purpose bec the writers are not bothered about them & who knows next week they will come up with something totally different to stun us LOL
    And yes possibilities were endless but the writer(s) failed each time...

Edited by SD812 - 21 March 2013 at 9:46pm

amit1944Armu4evaSujatha.rao

Sujatha.rao

IF-Rockerz

Sujatha.rao

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SD812

Sujatha, very early abortions that usually occur before fourth- sixth week from LMP are usually called Chemical pregnancy...later than that they are called clinical abortions.And as you know Logic was never a forte of KTLK so it's better to leave it.Getting into details won't serve any purpose bec the writers are not bothered about them & who knows next week they will come up with something totally different to stun us LOL
    And yes possibilities were endless but the writer(s) failed each time...

Agreed Shubhangi...you'd manage to find the proverbial needle in the haystack before you found logic in this show!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evaSG200

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the post Suj n thanks for the clarification Shubhangi. . i hv never heard of anything like biochemical pregnancy ... n i feel glad that i din.. lol ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SG200Sujatha.rao

Suvika.

IF-Sizzlerz

Suvika.

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
here i see two things Sujatha..

1. if we go by what the doctors in the forum, this bio chemical locha should happen between 4-6 weeks..but Nidhi already said she missed it  "again" implying 2 or more missed cylces...meaning definitely over 6 weeks pregnant.

2. ok. fine. we will assume that a bio chemical locha happened during her 8th week just for the heck of it...then shouldn't she have any indication? some kind of bleeding or something? how can u have a miscarriage and NOT bleed boss?? 

i have 2 kids and had one MC in between...honestly, the CVs need to a sound round of spanking of their you know what...!!! 

and as Shivaniji has so rightly said, this would have been a perfect track during the khushi time even with all these false med facts. it would have made some sense then. LAST 4 DAYS MEIN YEH SAB DIKHAANA ZAROORI THA KYA?? 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

amit1944jahanaarafanktlkshobha21SG200Sujatha.rao

arpitajaan

arpitajaan

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
I am novice in this field...however  I would like to add  2pennies describing what my freind underwent in the similar situation...after her abortion she started sensing some movements in her abdomen...when she consulted gync she asked her to do HCG to find out whether the abortion was done properly and to rule out the peresence of some membrane...result of this test atleast outside India is given in some hrs...what crap s all this?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Suvika.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.