Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Tidbits, Trivias... Share what you want II (Page 37)

zorrro Goldie
zorrro
zorrro

Posted: 07 July 2014 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mr.ass

Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by K.Universe.

Is there another word more abused than "patriarchy", on debate mansion?

"Consciousness"? LOL

secularism LOL
"achche din"  LOL

"45 day government not showing results" LOL
spiraling prices of essential commodities and services, what other results should we wait for Big smile

Edited by zorrro - 07 July 2014 at 10:54pm
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 11 July 2014 at 7:39pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by K.Universe.

Is there another word more abused than "patriarchy", on debate mansion?

"Consciousness"? LOL

secularism LOL
"achche din"  LOL

"45 day government not showing results" LOL
spiraling prices of essential commodities and services, what other results should we wait for Big smile

spiraling prices were happening even before LOL it is only continuing. amazing that you thought the prices were a result of the new government. Shocked i remember prices of allo kept going up to 70 and back to 20 during congress. it went up and down again. bjp has to make sure it permanently comes down. this will take 1 year to do so. already trying to eliminate middlemen. so a good step. problem is the rail fare hike is a bit too steep. so wont help things. Ouch
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 02 August 2014 at 2:05am | IP Logged
No comments!!!Ouch
Obliterated: Destroyed houses in Al-Shejaeiya neighbourhood in the east of Gaza City after the ceasefire between Hamas and Israel collapsed
  • SHARE PICTURE
+31

Obliterated: Destroyed houses in Al-Shejaeiya neighbourhood in the east of Gaza City after the ceasefire between Hamas and Israel collapsed

Palestinians walk by the rubble of destroyed houses in the heavily bombed town of Beit Hanoun as Hamas and Israel blamed each other for breaking the truce
  • SHARE PICTURE
+31

Palestinians walk by the rubble of destroyed houses in the heavily bombed town of Beit Hanoun as Hamas and Israel blamed each other for breaking the truce

Innocent victims: A mother cradles her two children, while other toddlers lies on a mat next to her, at a hospital in Rafah
  • SHARE PICTURE
+31

Innocent victims: A mother cradles her two children, while other toddlers lies on a mat next to her, at a hospital in Rafah

Terrified: Palestinian children, whom medics say were wounded by Israeli shelling, receive treatment at a hospital in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip
  • SHARE PICTURE
+31

Terrified: Palestinian children, whom medics say were wounded by Israeli shelling, receive treatment at a hospital in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip

Traumatised: Gaza health official Ashraf al-Kidra said that in addition to the dead, some 200 Palestinians were wounded in 'random' Israeli shelling of the Rafah area
+31

Traumatised: Gaza health official Ashraf al-Kidra said that in addition to the dead, some 200 Palestinians were wounded in 'random' Israeli shelling of the Rafah area

Shocking: A Palestinian girl injured in an Israeli assault on Rafah cries as she receives treatment at the Abu Yousef al-Najjar Hospital in Gaza City
+31

Shocking: A Palestinian girl injured in an Israeli assault on Rafah cries as she receives treatment at the Abu Yousef al-Najjar Hospital in Gaza City

Blitzed: Smoke billows from buildings following Israeli military strikes near Rafah in the Gaza Strip that killed at least eight people two hours into a three-day ceasefire
  • SHARE PICTURE
+31

Blitzed: Smoke billows from buildings following Israeli military strikes near Rafah in the Gaza Strip that killed at least eight people two hours into a three-day ceasefire

QuietlyLoud IF-Rockerz
QuietlyLoud
QuietlyLoud

Posted: 27 August 2014 at 1:13am | IP Logged

Edited by QuietlyLoud - 18 October 2014 at 6:08am
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 27 October 2014 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
'Please don't cry. I love you. I wish I could have hugged you until I died': Iranian woman's heartrending message to her mother before she was hanged for killing the man who 'tried to rape her'

The Iranian woman executed for killing a man she said was trying to rape her urged her mother not to mourn in a will written shortly before her death.

Reyhaneh Jabbari, 27, was hanged at dawn on Saturday despite international outcry and a high-profile campaign within the repressive state urging authorities to stay her sentence.

In her last will and testament, the young woman said that she did not want to be buried in a grave where her mother would go to cry and suffer, nor did she want her to wear black.

I don't want to rot in the soil. Please don't cry. I love you', she told Sholeh Pakravan. I wish I could have hugged you until I died'.

Scroll down for video 

Put to death: Reyhaneh Jabbari was hanged at dawn on Saturday morning despite calls for clemency
+13

Put to death: Reyhaneh Jabbari was hanged at dawn on Saturday morning despite calls for clemency

Jabbari also asked that her organs were donated anonymously, according to The Sunday Times.

Footage today emerged of a distraught Mrs Pakravan wailing outside the gates of Rajai Shahr Prison, near Tehran, after her daughter was put to death.

She had been summoned to the site to see Jabbari for the last time on Friday and had epxressed her bitter torment and disbelief in a Facebook post earlier this week.

After seven and a half years of pain and suffering, is this how my dear child comes to her end?', she wrote.

This tribute appeared on the Facebook page dedicated to the 27-year-old titled Save Reyhaneh Jabbari From Execution In Iran
+13

This tribute appeared on the Facebook page dedicated to the 27-year-old titled Save Reyhaneh Jabbari From Execution In Iran

+13
+13

Jabbari was sentenced to death in 2009 for stabbing to death a former employee of Iran's Ministry of Intelligence, Morteza Abdolali Sarbandi, who allegedly drugged and attempted to rape her

The execution was condemned by the US State Department, the British government and by human rights groups including Amnesty International. 

'The shocking news that Reyhaneh Jabbari has been executed is deeply disappointing in the extreme. This is another bloody stain on Iran's human rights record,' said Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui, Amnesty International's Deputy Director for the Middle East and North Africa Programme. 

'Tragically, this case is far from uncommon. Once again Iran has insisted on applying the death penalty despite serious concerns over the fairness of the trial.' 

Jabbari was sentenced to death in 2009 for stabbing to death a former employee of Iran's Ministry of Intelligence, Morteza Abdolali Sarbandi. 

In her last will and testament, the young woman (left) said that she did not want to be buried in a grave where her mother Sholeh Pakravan (right) would go to cry and suffer, nor did she want her to wear black
+13
In her last will and testament, the young woman (left) said that she did not want to be buried in a grave where her mother Sholeh Pakravan (right) would go to cry and suffer, nor did she want her to wear black
+13

The murder - which took place two years earlier in 2007, when Jabbari was just 19. She had met him in a cafe and he had convinced her to visit his office to discuss a business deal. 

While there Sarbandi allegedly drugged and attempted to rape her and she grabbed a pocket knife and stabbed him. Jabbari maintained until her death that another man who was present at the time killed him.

Amnesty International described the investigation as 'deeply flawed' and said that the trial had failed to examine all the evidence. The organisation also said that Jabbari confessed after being subjected to 'savage tortures'.

It is claimed that she spent two months in solitary confinement where she did not have access to a lawyer or her family. 

The date of her execution has been repeatedly delayed, first postponed in April after a global petition to spare her life attracted 20,000 signatures. 

Earlier this month, the death sentence was deferred again, apparently after Jabbari had said her final goodbyes to her family, while a government car waited to transport her to the execution site.

Throughout the past months, her friends and family have been a regular presence outside the prison, staging protests calling for release. 

Her mother also gave emotional interviews discussing her daughter's plight and begging the Iranian government to spare her life.

Speaking earlier this month via Skype to Fox News, Pakravan said: 'I wish they would come tie a rope around my neck and kill me instead, but to allow Rayhaneh to come back home.'

'The only thing I want ... from God, from people around the world ... in any way, in any form, is I just want to bring Rayhaneh back home. 

'I am a mother. No mother can accept the death of her child.' 

The execution was carried out after Sarbandi's family refused to pardon Jabbari or accept blood money. An estimated 250 people have been put to death in Iran this year. 

MEP Grard Deprez, the chair of Friends of a Free Iran, a pressure group in the European Parliament, earlier called on Iran to halt the execution.

He said: 'Hassan Rouhani's government has hanged more than 1,000 people, many of them in public squares in Iranian cities. This is the worst record by any Iranian president for the past 25 years.

'If human rights are not improving in Iran, continued talks will only be seen as a green light for further aggression by the regime against its people as well as spreading its terror to other countries of the region.

'It is time the west imposes sanctions on Iran's human rights violations with no further delay.'  

source:dailymail

zorrro Goldie
zorrro
zorrro

Posted: 27 October 2014 at 11:17pm | IP Logged

^^ Thats lopsided justice indeed. Disapprove  Parents accepted their son as a rapist but could not accept him being killed by his victim and so refused to grant her pardon that could have spared her life. Do the citizens of the country agree with these kind of justice Stern Smile Indoctrinated not to speak out perhaps.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vinzy

Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 01 November 2014 at 1:30am | IP Logged

The princesses with their father, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, in an undated photo. From left: Sahar, Jawaher, Hala (on the king's shoulders) and Maha. Inset: Sahar, the kind's oldest daughter, spoke with The Post about her ordeal as a prisoner in her father's palace. "We are cut off and isolated and alone," she says.

It was a life out of a fairy tale " until it became one they couldn't escape.

Sahar, Maha, Hala and Jawaher Al Saud are daughters of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, the Saudi Arabian monarch who is worth an estimated $15 billion.

With such riches, the sisters, when younger, would take ski trips to luxurious resorts in Europe and go on endless shopping sprees, buying silk robes and jasmine oil, while their doting father bought them parures " matching jewelry sets " topped with jewel-encrusted tiaras.

Modal Trigger

Maha, Hala, mom Alanoud Al Fayez, Sahar and Jawaher in the 1980s.

The women roamed elegant tents, filled with fresh fruits and treats, on an 85-acre, $740 million compound that included a helipad emblazoned with the king's initials.

Each of them desired a normal, albeit privileged, life: to study abroad, travel the world, and eventually marry and have children.

Now they are prisoners.

Not only has the 89-year-old king forbidden any man to seek his daughters' hands in marriage, he's confined them, against their will, in separate dark and suffocating quarters at his palace.

The king's eldest daughter, 42-year-old Sahar, spoke with The Post in a rare and surreptitious phone call.

Modal Trigger

King Abdullah bin AbdulazizPhoto: Getty Images

"We are cut off and isolated and alone," she says. "We are hostages. No one can come see us, and we can't go see anyone. Our father is responsible and his sons, our half-brothers, are both culprits in this tragedy."

Why are the princesses being held captive?

Because they believe women in Saudi Arabia, one of the most oppressive Islamic nations in the world, should be free. Their mother, Alanoud Al Fayez, long ago fled to London.

When the sisters openly spoke in opposition to women being illegally detained and placed in mental wards, the king had enough and no longer considered them his daughters.

"That was it for him. It was the end for us," Sahar says.

"They once had a normal life for Saudi Arabia, but they are free thinkers, and their father hates that," mom Al Fayez says. "They are compassionate about the plight of women in Saudi Arabia and throughout the Arab world. The injustices that we see are terrible, and someone must say something.

more...

http://nypost.com/2014/04/19/a-saudi-arabian-princess-reveals-her-life-of-hell/

Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 13 November 2014 at 5:30am | IP Logged

It was not my fault - the administration pressured me to meet targets,' the doctor was quoted by NDTV as saying as he was being detained on Wednesday night.

He said that all the patients began throwing up and complaining of dizziness and weakness after they were given medication following the operations. 

'The surgeries went well but the problem was with the medicines given to the women,' he also alleged. 

'I have been performing surgeries for a long time and there has never been any problem.' 

R.K.Gupta, the doctor who performed the sterilisation surgeries, sits at a police station after being arrested

R.K.Gupta, the doctor who performed the sterilisation surgeries, sits at a police station after being arrested

A doctor takes a blood sample from a woman who underwent sterilization surgery at a government camp

A doctor takes a blood sample from a woman who underwent sterilization surgery at a government camp

The doctor carried out 83 operations in just five hours on the impoverished women, who were paid 1,400 rupees ($23) at a state-run camp in Bilaspur district at the weekend. 

Relatives today claimed they had been pressured into accepting the money, the equivalent of half a month's salary for a manual labourer.

'They herded them like cattle,' Mahesh Suryavanshi, the brother-in-law of one casualty, told the Indian Express newspaper, according to the Guardian.

'The [health workers] said nothing would happen, it was a minor operation.' 

Sadhu, the husband of one woman who died, added: 'I hope that he can never sleep in peace. 

'The same thing should happen to him. Then he will know what it is like to lose someone in your family.'

The government has suspended four health officials and ordered an investigation into the deaths. 

My Question is ''Why didn't they sterilize the men?''Confused

Edited by Vinzy - 13 November 2014 at 5:30am

Go to top