Fan Fictions

Unsaid Feelings.

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

ayesha.raheja

ayesha.raheja

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 5:04am | IP Logged
Chapter 5

Soon after Kavita left, Arnav and Khushi headed towards their rooms. Arnav took all his belongings from Khushi's room. He decorated and furnished his room according to his choice. Arnav liked the white wash-off of the wall. He filled that wall with all the pictures he had clicked while he was on his business tours. Yes, he was a photographer. That too, a brilliant one. HE furnished his room with exotic blankets, coral table and an antic chair in the balcony. Also, he placed his guitar which looked dazed.

Khushi, too, headed towards her room. After Arnav took his suitcase, she thought of going to take a quick nap as she had finished decorating her room. But then she received a call from her hospital stating that there was an emergency. Her schedule was packed for the day as the hospital trip was followed by baby sitting Mr. Kerensky's infant. Also, she had to ask Arnav regarding the certificate, but then she shooed away the idea as she still had not forgotten that kiss.  She mentally warned and instructed herself that she was not going to talk to him until and unless if it was really, really important.

-x-

"WHAT? Yoou finally got a place to live?" Payal asked khushi. Payal, Khushi's only support system-cum-sister, lived in India with her family. Payal's parents had adopted Khushi when she was 4 years old. This truth was not hidden to her. But nevertheless, they always believed that they both were real sisters, no matter what.

"Yes, jiji. I'm just so relieved."

"You should be. I'm so happy for you! How's this place?"

"It's beautiful! Its right in front of the beach. It's really very big. Plus, there is a pool, also. There are three rooms actually."

"But Khushi, isn't the rent too much? Like the house is big enough, the rent must be high."

"Jiji, the rent is really very less. The landlady has no money issues. She just wanted to rent away this house. You know? I took the master bedroom which is very big. Much more bigger than our room. And I gave him the other one." Khushi bit her tongue when she realized she just mentioned 'him'. She had decided last night that she would not tell her family that she lived with a guy. She knew that once this truth was told to them, they would never allow her to live there.

"HIM? Who him? Khushi, are you living with somebody else?" Payal asked, her volume increasing.

"Tell me, Khushi!" she ordered.

"Woh jiji. Hum aapse kehene hi waale the. Par.. Actually, I'm living with a guy. We are sharing the apartment."

"WHAT!? KHUSHI KUMARI GUPTA! THE HELL DO YOU THINK? HOW CAN YOU? I KNOW YOU HAD A PLACE PROBLEM. BUT HOW CAN YOU LIVE-IN WITH HIM?" Payal bursted.

"JiJi, calm down. It's not a 'live-in'. I'm not dating him. I had no other option. The circumstances forced.."

"What circumstances? Did anyone gunpoint you to stay with him? Or did any one black mail you? What will amma, bauji and buaji say after they come to know about this?"

"Please don't tell them anything jiji. They will never let me stay here."

"They? I will never let you stay there. Khushi.."

"I know jiji. But at least listen to what I have to stay. Why I agreed to stay here. Just once. Please."

"Tell me."

Khushi told Payal everything form the start. From how she meet Arnav to Kavita's condition of renting only couples. How it was his idea to stay together and also about the fake certificate. She also told her that she was roaming around with baggage and therefore, she had to find a place as soon as possible. And she could not reject this serenity of a place which was extremely beautiful.

After a minute of silence, Payal finally said," hmm. Tell me about this guy. What's his name?"

"Arnav Singh Raizada."

"What's his age?'

"I dont.. kn.. know."

"What does he do?'

" I dont know this either."

"Huh? At least tell me about his background."

"I have no idea about it."

"KHUSHI! You agreed to stay with a guy about whom you have no idea, excpet his name. I did not expect this from you Khushi."

"But jiji.."

"3 hours. I give you 3 hours to remove all the information regarding him. Everything. His age,work,family, everything! I'll call you around 9 pm of your time zone. And dare you lie to me Khushi. Cause you know I'll be able to know it. If you don't tell me about him I will have to tell everyone about this. Only 3 hours, Khushi Kumari Gupta."

"But.." Before Khushi could complete her statement, Payal cut the call. Now she HAD to talk to him. And that too regarding his life. Wow! I just convinced myself that i won't talk to him. And now, I have to remove his bio data. Oof. Yeh jiji bhi na! 

-X-

Khushi reached home and Arnav opened the door. He was in his casuals so she assumed that he might have not gone to his office. Without looking at him, she entered and went straight upto her room. ARnav closed the door behind her, puzzled.

Khushi quickly changed into her casuals and saw the time. It was 7. She had to talk to him. Payal would call her in 2 hours and then her parents would know about this. While still in her thoughts, she heard the sound of the TV. 

Khushi, this is the time. Go and talk to him. Casually. He is watching TV which means he's got some time. Go Sanka devi! Hayy Devi Maiyya! Raksha karna!

Khushi got out of her room and saw that Arnav suddenly tuned towards her and he smiled. She smiled back and went straight to the kitchen. Thanks to Kavita ji, everything was in place in the kitchen. She made two cups of coffee and headed straight towards the living room.

Devi Maiiyya! Raksha Karna. Raksha karna. Raksha Karna.

She finally stood next to the sofa on which he was sitting. She sat on the other end of the sofa while he was seated on the other. She sat there awkwardly for about 2 minutes still chanting about Devi Maiyya.

Arnav, noticing this, tried to break the silence."So you drink two cups of coffee?"

"Huh? No! One is for you." SHe handed the coffee to him.

"Thanks."

Khushi smiled.

"So.." Arnav asked.

"So?"

"You just came to give me a cup of coffee?"

"No. Actually, I came becausee.."

"Because?"

"Arnav. We are going to be living together for about a year. All that I know about you is your name. That's it. You don't even know my full name. Don't you think we should get to know a little bit about each other? If you understand what I'm trying to say."

There. You said it. What is he thinking? Shittt! Does he think I'm interested in him? Does he think I'm too excited to stay with him? Does he think I want to have sex with him? Baaah! Khushi stop overthinking! Why the hell isn't he saying anything? Did I say anything wrong/ If yes, then what? Devii Maiyya, raksha karo. Devi Maiyya, raksha karo.

"Actually, Khushi. I wanted to ask you the same thing when you came today. But then you looked a bit tensed so I did not bother to ask. But yes, I really think we should know each other. "

"Right. Im Khushi Kumari Gupta."

"Arnav Singh Raizada. What do you do? If you don't mind me asking."

"Of course not. I'm studying medicine and I'm an intern at Prince Wales Hospital. And you?"

You must be a constructor.

"I have my fashion line, AR designs. I'm not a fashion designer but a business man, actually." He smiled. "I've come to Canada because we are opening a new line here."

"That's great. I wanted to study medicine abroad. I got scholarship so hence, I'm here. Also I baby sit for a living."

"BABY SIT? Are you serious?"

"Yes, whats wrong?"

"I HATE babies. How can you even tolerate them? They are hopeless creatures."

"No, Arnav. how can you say that? I love being with babies."

"Yuck! Why can't people be born directly into adults? I know that was stupid! But still."

They both chatted continuously and didn't even realize about the time. They talked to each other about everything. regarding their family, friends, work, the house rent and other charges and even age! Khushi was 25 and Arnav 26. Only a year difference. It was past 9 and both seemed to have enjoyed each others company more than anything. Like there was something. Something unsaid between them.

-X-
Woa! Late update. I know. But just one paper till my boards get over. And then everyday updates! Hope you like this. Ting! :)
-AR

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Unsaid Feelings." in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top