Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

SC: 5 years in jail for Sanjay Dutt! - Page 14

_notinuse_ thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: anonymous39

The driver was the guy that came with Abu Salem's brother to deliver the weapons to Sanjay's house.  Sanjay had ordered them and asked for them and kept them in his house.  He had gotten three AK 47's, hundreds of ammunition cartridges and hand grenades.  The guy that got 10 years was the one who drove the car to deliver them.  Not that I feel bad for him either but the I don't understand how the guy who drives the car to Sanjay's house gets more time in jail than Sanjay who actually ordered and owned the weapons.  

Fearing for his life is a made-up story.  He could have purchased a legal revolver, hired security guards and asked for police protection if that was the case.

The police had quotes from him after his arrest saying he has Muslim blood running his veins and he couldn't stand what's happening in Bombay.  

You can read the full story with quotes and details here -- http://archive.tehelka.com/story_main28.asp?filename=Ne240307How_the_CS.asp

This precisely shows the contrast of justice for a common man (driver) versus a powerful celeb (Sanjay). Him bringing out the family and small children card to tug at the heart-strings of the public isn't going to cut it. He knew his impending fate yet chose to start a family (after his first family did not work out). If anything, I'm sure he is responsible for the delayed sentencing. He had hoped that he's get away completely since it has been so long (due to his influence) But alas, you reap what you sow. I still don't find it fair that his driver who only transported the weapons (Sanjay's order) got such a different penalty.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: PandorasBox

Is it unfair that Sanjay's connection/power dragged it out for 20 years? He has himself to blame for this long-awaited sentence as I'm sure he had probably thought that he would not face any punishment. Now that he has less support, he isn't as immune to the country's law.

Sanjay's driver got 10 years in prison just because he transported the weapons whereas he is getting away with only 5. I don't consider that full justice but something is better than nothing.

As for the reformed new Sanjay, we only see what he and his publicist are showing us but even if he is, the common man cannot afford the same luxury of having delayed trial and eventually getting off to get reformed on their own. Sanjay should get punished just like everyone else regardless of emotional sentiments.

I really feel he changed.. he was not in a single controversy for all these years. Look at Salman.. still involved in so many things and uses a fake charity Being Human to cover up all his atrocities.

But yeah law is law.. gotta respect it. If only equal law prevailed for all
.Saira. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ponymo

I feel a bit sad... Had this sentence come 20 years ago, it would have been acceptable. But now, when Sanjay has changed and reformed completely... this isn't done.. he has two little kids, his career.. everything is destroyed..

However, I wish Salman gets life imprisonment for all the crimes he's committed. He doesnt even appear like a reformed man like Sanjay. He still has that arrogant abusive streak in him... :@

From what I read Salman Khan was not driving the vehicle, his driver was and prolly the driver will and should be jailed for negligence.
Salman can claim he was fast asleep in the wee hours of the morning and was unaware of the hit and run his driver committed. Or the best defense he was NOT in the car when the accident happened. I wish him good luck.

Salman pe ilzaam lagana band karo. Koi bhi sach nehi jaanta, aap sirf wo likh rahe ho, jo media ne aap tak puhancya hai. Plz stop.. Kisi ko bhi judge na karo.. Salman ko ander NA LAO.. Sanjay ne khud mana hai, ke usne yeh sab kya hai.!!!!!!
Haeyeol thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: cacaliki

It' s sad for his family but if he is guilty it is good that he is going to jail. Finally, it can be seen that the Indian govt is not succumbing to the powers that these actors have. In the eyes of law he is a commoner like everybody else!

well..lets C what Jaya Bachchan is gonna do..n see how much power BOLLYWOOD HAS..