In Search Of a Groom_a short comic story :)

preity_d thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
In Search Of a Groom

Helplessly I give up and make an account in Vivah.Com. Since when I completed my graduation my mother is pestering me for marriage. Are yaar what is this? I am just 21 and NOW marriage. Don't know why a thought gluing to me now a days that Marriage is a big, BIG compromise nothing more. But what to do being a girl you have to oblige your mother, your elders when they will bring new new namunas to show you. Umm no no no not to show you, they will see you. They will measure how many hair threads are there in your head, what is the colour of your eyeballs, how many rings are there in your fingers etc, etc. I just hate this tradition of Indian families. Invite groom's family, feed them with delicious food, they will see you, they will judge you, then they will make miss consumption of you and will reject you at last. And you can't utter a single word of protest because you are a girl and your family is bound to host those crazy creatures. One day one 35 year old man came to see me, I toh already about to address him as uncle thanks to Goddess Saraswati, that day keeping my mouth shut she does a great help to my family.

Anyway now I am forced to make a profile on Vivah.com because my mother thinks we will find better and most important rich groom from here. 

Days past. I forgot about my profile. I was happy with my life then. I just joined in a private company as a creative junior content writer. I love my job. One day, that was a national bandh I was there in home was listening to music and chatting with some old school friends in friendbook, mother came and sat there on bed beside me.

"Who is he?" she asked. I could easily saw those naughty smirks on her face.

"For god sake maa he is just a friend!" I exclaimed

"So? When I said he is better than just friend?" she said raising one eye brow.

"uff this woman will become my death one day!" I said and logged off.

"Open Vivah.Com na?" Maa insisted with a pout. Uff her pouts are irresistible. How could papa used to resist those God knows. I opened my profile and was shocked to see 50 interests in just one week. Don't know why but I felt good erm proud he he he

I showed the interests to my mother and she one by one rejected near about all.

"No beta, he is too dark"

"Yucky too geek"

"OMG only earns this much? No, no"

"maa I am not a fallen angel that every good looking rich man will be ready to marry me" I said finally exhausted.

Maa totally ignored and kept going through other interests.

I was quite happy. One Week before my writing had published in our magazine for the first time. That day was a party to welcome all new talents of company. And I would be awarded. Yohoo I was very happy. I asked my mother to go for shopping as the dress code is white saree, but I don't have any gorgeous white saree.

"maa come na fast I will get late for award night!!" I shouted from our parking area waiting for her.

She shouted back, "If you want to be on time at party, why don't you have any boyfriend?And go with him for shopping? Shame on you! Every girl in this complex has a boyfriend. Why don't you?" she shouted.

The security guard and curios Pamela Aunty of second floor was continuously staring at me. Oh Godess Earth please divide yourself you take me to your lap I prayed. But I think she don't like me as Saraswati maa does.

"Every women of this society talks about their Son In Laws or about their girl's boyfriends, but look at me, my daughter will never give the chance" she retorted coming towards me. She was looking beautiful in a yellow kanjivaram. Wish I could make her marry another time, she was still young, and she was lonely too I thought.

"Actually I think you are not that much smart and intelligent to have a boyfriend. She said at last losing hope.

"What?" I irrupted like as distinct volcano. "Okay fine, I will show you I have the capability to have a boyfriend too" I said with determined look. That night after returning back from function I Opened my laptop and sent new new interests in Vivah and new new friend requests in Friends Book. I even messaged my those friends who proposed me in past.

Days went and slowly slowly I forgot about my determined oath. Suddenly one day my phone ranged. I took my phone excusing myself from my colleague's cabin.

"Hello"

"Is this Manvi Mukherjee?"

"Yes, who are you?"

"Hey this is Virat Vadera. I am From Vivah.Com. Can I talk to you for some times?"

"erm, I am now little bit busy. In office now."

"oh, sure. I will call later" the all disconnected hurriedly.

Few, I looked at the phone. Yahoo, someone called me? OMG!!! I felt little proud and swept myself softly and giggled. The employees looked at me as they saw a weird ghost. I rolled my eyes at them and went to my cabin.

"Maa, you know someone called. I think he is interested in me, his voice was awesome...too husky" I said dreamily and danced round-round. 

"Don't fly in dreams. Come to the earth baby" she laughed.

"I show my tongue at her and left. I entered my room and gave a missed call to him. He called back within two minutes.

"Hey Virat here. Who are you?" he asked

What? Who are you!! He called me and now who am I? "You called me at day" I said sternly.

"Oh, ya, ya. Actually I have to speak with various kinds of persons in one day, so I forgot" he said laughing.

"Come to your purpose" this guy is too irritating to handle.

He stopped laughing suddenly and said, "Actually ma'am is there any problem in your profile?"He asked politely.

"No, why?" I said

"Actually I am from Vivah.Com, so I have to call our customers to ensure our services" he said like a true professional.

A big moron I am. He is not any interest from Vivah.Com. He works there. And I fool thought he liked my profile and called me.

"Erm, I am little busy, talk to you later" I disconnected the phone.

It was a dull day at office. Boss cancelled our weekend holiday and exceeded hours of our work. I was in no mood to talk to anyone properly, when Virat called again.

"ma'am,  Virat here, from Vivah.Com."he said.

"hmm" I said no words to avoid expressing my irritation.

"Erm, I am from our Mumbai branch calling you to let you know that, erm wanna tell you that.." he fumbled. This was the limit. My anger reached the sky.

"Do you want to sell any premium membership to me?" I shouted. "Look I can't afford all these" I screamed.

"I don't want to sell anything to you!" I could feel the hurt in his voice. But I was then in no mood to understand anything. I disconnected and threw the phone on the chair. I fumbled in anger.

A month passed. Virat never called after that. I messaged him sorry for three times but he didn't reply. It was 13th February, evening. I was sitting lazily on the couch and surfing channels, when my phone ranged. Without viewing the caller ID I took the phone.

"Ha...lo" I stretched the words expressing my boredom.

"Hey, this is Virat, Virat Vadera" he said

OMG, Virat? I thought to say sorry to him first but he never answered to my massages, so I avoided saying it. I noticed for the first time he didn't say I am from Vivah.Com.

"Who is Virat?" I said pretending.

"You FORGOT ME?" he said in a shocking tone.

"No, I mean yes" I fumbled.

"Manvi, I am Virat Vadera, from Mumbai. My father is a retired high court judge and I live here with my family. We are quite rich. I love my job but I think you don't like it, so I have a substitute for it. I am quite good at singing, so I can become a singer or at least a singing teacher. But Actually I don't want to leave this job as I found you from here. Yes, Manvi Mukherjee I fall in love with you after seeing your profile and photo. Before that I didn't believe in love at first sight but now I can't ignore it. I have sent an interest to you. Will you accept it?"

He paused. I was speechless.

"And let me tell you I am quite handsome too. Girls are crazy for me." Virat told before Again a pause

"erm, Manvi I sent a friend book request to you too. I just hacked your E-mail ID from our website. Sorry. You can say NO to me now. I am prepared" He again paused before taking a deep breath.

There was pin drop silence everywhere. The noisy songs from our local club didn't reach my ear hole.

I gained power and took a deep breath and said, "I will accept"

"I KNEW IT. I knew it." He overjoyed.

I could hear him passing the news to his family. "Dad she said yes, YES" his fade voice was coming. OMG, where is maa? I have to tell her. Then we both (of course me and my soon to be husband Virat) will find a groom for her also. I jumped and giggled and ran to my mother. I have to tell her I am not that much useless. She too will have stories now to share with her friends in our building-complex.

Edited by preity_d - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lumos-Maxima thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Res πŸ˜Š
Unres πŸ˜›

Preity amazing OS ⭐️⭐️.. Its awesome πŸ‘πŸΌ.. Loved the beginning.. It was very realistic yaar..  Manvi's mom is super cool 😎.. I liked her mom more than Manvi here πŸ˜ƒ..  Her dialogues are well written and funny also πŸ˜›.. Manvi Mukherjee!! Nice Preity.. Bong connection πŸ˜‰..  Virat fell for her and left his job also.. How sweet .. Loved the way Virat expressed his feelings.. He was quite nervous.. Liked that πŸ˜†.. Beautifully written Preity πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.. Loved it..Take care πŸ€—

Edited by meera.chaudhuri - 11 years ago
_IcePrincess_ thumbnail
Hahaha I loved the part where Manvi is on cloud nine as she thinks Virat's after him, only to realise he was a guy working for the site and was just doing his jobπŸ˜†
And OMG they fell in love!!! It's odd how sometimes destiny hooks us up to someone we least expected to be with!
It was very cute and funny😊

LoveToLaugh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This was very sweet and cute! :)
I loved Manvi's disappointment when she thought that Virat was just calling from the customer care service. Lol. πŸ˜†
It's kind of ironic and funny that Manvi, who hated the tradition of arranged marriage and matrimony sites, found her love through it! Nice.
A very enjoyable read! πŸ˜Š
Tohru thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
fantastic,amazing,excellent writtingβ­οΈβ­οΈβ­οΈπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
the story kept me glued till i read it full you write it so beautifuly ❀️ without describing the background wall colours,weather forcast  which normaly writers do πŸ₯±πŸ˜†
just mind blowing πŸ‘
plz contineo soon can't wait for the next chapter i like the humor & the characters the story is so simple & real just love it ❀️ excellent job dear πŸ€—

preity_d thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Tohru

fantastic,amazing,excellent writtingπŸ‘
the story kept me glued till i read it full you write it so beautifuly ❀️ without describing the background wall colours,weather forcast  which normaly writers do πŸ₯±πŸ˜†
just mind blowing πŸ‘
plz contineo soon can't wait for the next chapter i like the humor & the characters the story is so simple & real just love it ❀️ excellent job dear πŸ€—

Hey You loved it that much I am very happy...But that's a short story I never thought to continue it

okay I will give it a second thought πŸ˜ƒ
Thank You again 😳 πŸ€—