Episode 224 Discussion: 20th March 2013

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Episode 224 Discussion: 20th March 2013

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? πŸ˜‰. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 
  5. Do not litter the thread with chit-chat conversations. A little is permitted to have the friendly atmosphere, but when you feel like chatting more, it is desired you take your conversation with your buddies to alternate venues like chat clubs, pm mode etc.
  6. Quoting Policy: It is desired that people refrain from single, double, triple and multiple quoting of posts on a repetitive basis. They can pick out the parts that they like to quote as opposed to quoting the entire post. It is often seen that we have  to scroll through the pages when all they have done is quoting and more quoting with one line response to the actual post. IF has a rule that more than three times quoting is not allowed. But nowadays as people read IF posts over phone, it is preferred that people do not quote longer posts and just extract the portions of the post that they like to respond to and if they still find it relevant to their thought process then get the entire quoted text.

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Armu4eva
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 

Cheers,
SD
Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Episode 224 Discussion - EOD Summary

The obsession with the Two-Eyed Man!  Rishabh Kundra, will you stop bothering Madhu ?!

Events of the Episode
****Will be done****

Episode Reviews
Page 1 - Angeena, pnars, bcbs_srk, have-a-dream
Page 2 - leelaa9, amrithas, Gurtiluv, Soundarya22, leelaa9
Page 3 - pnars, mona1986, Charu, ennishet
Page 4 - ennishet, MarathiMulgi, SD
Page 5 - SD, anastasia21, leelaa9, 
Page 6 - cardio21, SD, armummy, Gurtiluv
Page 7 - SD, Ananya05, Gurtiluv, zoya_naziya
Page 8 - mona1986, ennishet, kodai 

Song Translation for male sad version of Hum The Deewaane Tere Deewaane - Page 7

MM's Fun Corner - N/A

Syl's Pictorial Commentary - N/A

Zorica's Poster Section

SD: Liked this poster.  Poor Sultan...Where did he land himself into?!!  πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: zorica

VD was brilliant today! β­οΈ
wallpaper
http://i48.tinypic.com/2rfx7yd.jpg

Originally posted by: zorica

MM,
your suggestion  πŸ˜Š
wallpaper (without text)
http://i46.tinypic.com/e0latx.jpg

MarathiMulgi:
RK:     Even though I try, I can't let go 
           Something in your eyes captured my soul
           And every night I see you in my dreams 
           You're all I love, I can't let go

MARIAH CAREY - CAN'T LET GO

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Posts recommended for all you...to reset your thinking. Quite late posts from me...

Why it is not a jealousy track but a Realization track ?

The way to understand MEIEJ drama other than Craziness, which is the essence of the drama

And lastly, I did not get time to do yesterday's EOD summary...and when I came to do it in the morning, the skewed posts on Page 11 made me go for writing elaboratively my three posts...so I ate my own time. :((  

Will be back late noon to catch up on show. Going out on work now...Boring.πŸ˜”

Angeena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
RK usually out of control nahin hota? Kis duniya mein jee rahe ho RK?  Sultan really did get tired of RK's speeches in the end. But he did realize that RK is mad because he thinks that Sultan and Madhu are lovers. Does it make his anger reduce? Don't think so. And now RK hears his name.. but he does not know who Sultan is.. So no past connection at least from RK's side .. or maybe he knows Sultan by another name.

RK went on to talk to Radhaji and Bittooji about his problems and his emotions.. Why aren't they doing anything other than looking at each other with tearful expressions? Or are they as confused of all the madness that is taking place as we are in trying to made sense?

And that is why Sultan had no problems with Madhu knowing his current location.. He is moving constantly, never staying anywhere for longer than a few days.. I pity Aryan, poor kid. Sultan's talk of loosing someone who is not apna, inspired by RK's monologue I think. I suppose anyone not under his 24x7 protection is not apna. Fear of loosing those close ti him.. Due to loosing his wife maybe?

Why did they bring back that Hauslon se veer hoon tune? Because Madhu is doing something with Padmini's expressed consent. Till now Padmini was reluctantly supporting Madhu, simply because that's what she does.. support your daughter and hope for the best.. This time Padmini was in agreement hence the annoying tune makes a return. RK was lacking venom today, his heart wasn't in the insulting, he was just burning to find out who gave her the money. The rest did not matter ..

I liked Madhu pushing him back, telling him he did not have the right to question her. But RK's reason is because she is his Biwi?!? Did the alcohol induced self questioning having an effect? But really, where does he get the right? Ek din Biwi aur dusre din mamooli..

And a new background score for RK is introduced .. and this too is hum "the" deewaane.

Phir kyun har pal .. bechanini hai
Kyun nahin .. chahten puri hai
Hai adhuri khushiyan
Mera rom rom hai jala 
Hum the deewaane .. tere deewaane.

PS for those who want the link to today's WU here it is

ETA : Has it been 6 days since Sultan damaged RK's car? That's what Madhu meant right?
Edited by Angeena - 11 years ago
pnars thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Shri,

Rishta bana diya na aaj? "Biwi ho tum meri!" I don't know who was more startled when he blurted that out - Madhu or RK. His suppressed/subliminal/drunken feelings came out into the open today. She's his wife, his property. Bas! Whether love comes anywhere into this admission is a topic for another discussion (we know he loves her and she loves him, she knows she loves him, does he know he loves her when he's not drunk? We don't know!).

Madhu's revenge on RK is almost complete today. She's brought him to his knees, as he said, without lifting a finger. He's unable to function normally without getting answers to his burning question. Who is that man? Who's the new man in Madhu's life? How can she move so easily? Did/do I mean so little to her?

All questions of possession. Love has not entered the equation, not yet. The day he realizes and more importantly, admits he loves her, he's going to grovel.

I enjoyed the episode, especially and of course the Rishbala scenes. Everything else felt like filler. I'm relieved Sultan intends to move away, but of course, that won't happen. I just hope Madhu clarifies to RK tomorrow that Sultan isn't her new aashiq - but knowing her, of course, she won't and why should she? Let him burn in his rage, she would think.

Strangely, whenever he humiliates her, there's a crowd around. But whenever he confesses something of importance or they have a tender moment there's not a single person around...thoughts?

ETA: I thought Padmini's bhookamp dialogues and eyes wide open enacting was totally silly today. It would have been so much more effective if she'd just put the money in Madhu's hand and told her to repay that kameena. But everyone in this serial goes for high drama, so I guess Paddo had to do her bit!

The lonely kid was cute...he's going to be pivotal soon to some goings on I think...

...and we have a new 6-day challenge on! What's with MEIEJ and time-bound challenges???
Edited by pnars - 11 years ago
bcbs_srk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@pnars - Exactly,  I was thinking why there was no crowd when he confessed. I wish Bittuji had witnessed this. Radhaji would have had a prayer ceremony in the house.
have-a-dream thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Confusion..Dil hai bhi,dil nahi bhiπŸ˜†

Yesterday's sorry scene seemed to me like a way of differentiating between RK and Sultan..and now they are slowly revealing another phase of Sultan…

Nice epi,RK was looking damn cute while talking to Sultan, poor Sultan had to hear all the crap about himself,and then he hears aajkal aise bhale log kahan milte haiπŸ˜†β€¦so now Sultan has wide knowledge about RK,on the other hand RK don't even know Sultan's name, he don't know whom he is dealing with,only thing that he knows is that the two eyes and black carπŸ˜†..I want to see his reaction on knowing who Sultan is, what he actually is..

Madhu making things more complicated for Rk,Money she gave to RK made him more firm in believing that Madhu is with that guy. RK calling Madhu his biwi😲no EX.RK baboo you missed that word haan.... he has completely lost it, he only has a single aim, to find out, is Madhu happy in her life after breakup,and if she is happy then why is she happy..his life is still circling around Madhu..

RK's dialogue to Bittuji "Character certificate par lagne wali gol matol si mohar"🀣 this is what he can do now, make pranks on others to deal with that frustation..

Precap..RK is giving 3rd degree to Madhu😲 and finally she tells the name..jab ghee seedhi ungli se na nikle to ungli tedhi karni padti hai..πŸ˜† it really works..

have-a-dream thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pnars

I enjoyed the episode, especially and of course the Rishbala scenes. Everything else felt like filler. I'm relieved Sultan intends to move away, but of course, that won't happen. I just hope Madhu clarifies to RK tomorrow that Sultan isn't her new aashiq - but knowing her, of course, she won't and why should she? Let him burn in his rage, she would think.

Strangely, whenever he humiliates her, there's a crowd around. But whenever he confesses something of importance or they have a tender moment there's not a single person around...thoughts?

ETA: I thought Padmini's bhookamp dialogues and eyes wide open enacting was totally silly today. It would have been so much more effective if she'd just put the money in Madhu's hand and told her to repay that kameena. But everyone in this serial goes for high drama, so I guess Paddo had to do her bit!

@bold1... I wish she tells him all,she has already been insulted in front of everyone because of Sultan and her link, she knows how he is,and where all this can go, she needs to shut him up..but yeah I guess this won't end up soon..

@blue..πŸ˜†πŸ˜† well said..
leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This was finally a very good ep, with superb dialogues and characterization all around.

RK's scene with Sultan was excellent, and Sultan taking care to ensure that RK does not see his face, specifically to identify his eyes.

Radha's and Bittuji's reactions were united before and after RK came home in their worry for him and their absolute lack of judgement for what he was saying.

They could see that the matter was not resolving on its own, and nothing else mattered more than the toll RK's obdurate refusal to acknowledge his love for Madhu was taking on him.

Padmini must be that rare variety of deus ex machina where whatever she advises Madhu or supports her in invariably ends up - by however circuitous a route - always bringing Madhu closer to RK.

It has become immaterial to the result whether she tells her daughter to confront RK, accept her love for him, or face him down with a lecture.

Madhu listens to her mother about nothing that she would not herself wish to do.

Madhu and RK both tend to be ruled by their emotions and no sense when it comes to each other except when the other is in peril.

But it is appalling that Padmini should have forgotten the catastrophic consequence of tackling RK the first time.

And *why* did she somehow arrange for the cash
?

Reparation was tantamount to an admission of guilt.

The fault was Sultan's, and RK's accusation - in however justifiable a fury at the hooliganism by someone who hadn't even stuck around to face him - had been outrageous.

Madhu owed both the men a one-sentence explanation to avert future calamity.

She did *not* owe RK even the least denomination sum.

Bittuji tried at the studio to talk his Chief away from the assumption of 'bhabhiji''s unknown black-car-driving windscreen-smashing acquaintance, but managed only a status quo.

Madhu being recklessly courageous and absolutely naive about the impression she intends to give as opposed to the actual impression given always makes for terrific scenes because then she's spirited *and* has great dialogues.

But this ep was probably defined by the two songs - 'mey balveer hu' and 'Hum thhe deewaane'.

At first, I was so focussed on finally hearing sharp dialogues from Madhu again that just tried to ignore what was playing in the background.πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜•

And then realized with horror that 'mey balveer hu' was back in musical version - again.🀒 It overshadowed her "Zanjeer" dialogue, and was back today.😑

Why? Why not during her lectures? Why when she gets sparkling dialogues?

Anyway, Padmini and Madhu had both strangely enough never considered the very obvious meaning of paying damages for something done by someone else.

Madhu managed to control her expressions superbly and exit the studio-building, at which point she let herself appear shaken.

Her jibes about another man in her life - another love - had been a taunt to which no response from RK would have contented her.
If he were to say that he knew she still loved him, she would have felt taken for granted.
But his believing the jibe so easily was also hurtful.

And now, she had unwittingly added weight to the insinuation by paying the damages in a move she had with naive pride felt would make a point to him very different from the one he had just made obvious was actually made.

At which point, RK came barging after her and insisted on an answer about the unknown fellow.

And the point at which he felt driven to declare that she was his *wife* was a landmark - the first time after the mandap fiasco that he acknowledged that melodramatic proclamations of 'unweds' aside, they are still married.

Madhu had already specified the legal status during her unplanned TV-interview - still married but separated.

Today RK finally acknowledged that as well.

And then the lovely 'Hum thhe deewaane' played from the male POV with some different lyrics, beautiful and also descriptive of the general state of confusion the CVs have ensured for the characters and the viewers.
πŸ˜³πŸ˜•πŸ˜Š

Edited by leelaa9 - 11 years ago
amrithas thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
So its official! Please somebody get Bittuji stamped on RK's mental illness certificate! That one liner of his to Bittuji  forgetting he's a human and not a round stamp on a certificate had me in splits for a long time! Today was not Bittuji's day, earlier in the beginning of the episode also RK took digs about him being good alone for feeding him juice and getting the car ready! 
       Anyway back to the happenings of the episode! Sultan decides not to cloak RK after all, why? He probably realizes that RK is all talk and no harm, especially when this vulnerable and when stark raving mad about his alleged affair with his so call estranged wife! Anyway he reveals his name in style to a cute, grateful drunk RK, who looked even ready to hug him for getting him home! Seriously only a hug could further dampen the thrill that most of us were anticipating on the confrontation! So its established RK doesn't recognize the name Sultan, remains to be seen if he knows him otherwise! Sultan's dialogues of tears making everything seem hazier, of his not having anyone or being attached to him, reminds me more and more of RK! Is there a relation or just the dialogue writer running out of original dialogues? He doesn't want his son to be attached to him, probably that explains Aryan calling him by his name, la RK calling his mother "Janam Dene Waali Aurat"!

Paddo has pawned her brains, I think for repaying RK for what again? And buy back self respect it seems and how by condoning that somehow its her daughter's fault that RK's windshield is broken! And not to mention she bad mouths RK! 

Moving on, RK bajofies Bittuji as mentioned earlier, when he decides to defend Bhabhiji! Still persistent on finding who this new man is who RK thinks is crazy enough to break the windshield and then pay for it too! (well that he is, is another sad truth we cannot overlook) So now he follows Madhu around like a lost puppy most of the times, yapping at her heels to find out about the elusive lover! Madhu does not cave in and RK is forced yet again to invade her personal space and cross over into the realms of illusion and madness by claiming she is his wife! What? and which crazy outer space is he from? Setting up the unwedding drama himself in such a grand scale and now announcing she is his wife! Madhu looked astounded and to me it looked like she was thinking is this man really crazier than I thought?It would have made so much more sense, if he shouted out he''s really in love with her and thats the problem! But no, how can CVs have  mercy on us and reveal their trump card so soon!

Precap; The same as promo! Not expecting Madhu to reveal the whole truth of course or how can matters get worse, which is the need of the drama! 

Edited by amrithas - 11 years ago