Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga

JJMD GOING OFF AIR - All Disc. Here. (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 6

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 6
Page 5 Page 6

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

How can there be a proper male lead in a serial titled Maa Durga?

Even then they cast amit pachori, an excellent actor as bhairav. Its tje fault of makers they never utilized them.

As I said before, makers thought they are still pioneers or kytho shows, and did exactly what they do with their other shows. And initial epis did not have good plausible story line, neither was good acting or compelling storytelling.
I was hoping this show would show devi bhagavatam stories properly, but alas, sagars ruined it again.

instead of centering the title on Maa durga they shod have utilized the name shakti  and used the romantic aspect of shiv shakti. They could have still shown all durga maa oriented stories

People love jodis

look at all the famous shows , they succeeded because of pairs 

only problem was there is already a show running on shiv shakti

And i agree with you on devi bhagwatam

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "JJMD GOING OFF AIR - All Disc. Here. (Page 4)" in Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Nandiniraizaada

Coolbie

Nandiniraizaada

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by colorsabhishek

Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

I think absence of a proper male lead was a reason why the show didnt take off
no dear.. the absence of saas bahi saazish gopi vahu kokilaben nd kitchen politics nd negative characters like rashi nd her mom.. are the reasons.. maa durga is leavng us

ROFL

Proud-India

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 1:05am | IP Logged
I don't subscribe to romantic jodi only. Infact the shiv sati story in dkdm was unnecessarily glamourized a lot, and fact that she was goddess, scared shiv with her ten mahavidyas completely ignored.
I don't see why a show with kytho contents cannot do well as long as execution is good. Sagar had a maa shakti before on star, it was done in a much better way. This show I feel was hurriedly made as a one stop solution without much thought or preparation. It was colors bringing durga, sagars doing Durga and bam show is here.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PatrarekhaProud-India

NoMercy

IF-Rockerz

NoMercy

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

I don't subscribe to romantic jodi only. Infact the shiv sati story in dkdm was unnecessarily glamourized a lot, and fact that she was goddess, scared shiv with her ten mahavidyas completely ignored.
I don't see why a show with kytho contents cannot do well as long as execution is good. Sagar had a maa shakti before on star, it was done in a much better way. This show I feel was hurriedly made as a one stop solution without much thought or preparation. It was colors bringing durga, sagars doing Durga and bam show is here.
ya i agree wid u

Proud-India

ShaunSA

IF-Rockerz

ShaunSA

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:48am | IP Logged

I think absence of a proper male lead was a reason why the show didnt take off
no dear.. the absence of saas bahi saazish gopi vahu kokilaben nd kitchen politics nd negative characters like rashi nd her mom.. are the reasons.. maa durga is leavng us

Why bring SNS into this? I follow both serials and I enjoy both.

Let's be honest it is only die-hard mytho followers like us who will follow and watch JJMD. It offers sweet nothing to anyone else. Not in terms of acting/direction/special effects/story line/etc etc etc.

Bottom line is JJMD sucks. Can't blame Colors for wanting it off air.

Edited by ShaunSA - 28 March 2013 at 12:54pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic8219PatrarekhaProud-India

angelic8219

IF-Dazzler

angelic8219

Posted: 29 March 2013 at 9:34am | IP Logged
The show had problems before they launched it I remember that colors delayed it because they were not happy with it. Weird thing is the sagars said it would follow the devi bhagavatam but it never did.  

They never utilised brahma vishnu mahesh until past few weeks no wonder amit left there was nothing for him to do. 

Sagars just churn it out one after another, why do channels continue to allow their mytho serials on when there's no change in their story telling it even feels like they don't  bother to put the effort in because they will get a new show.  I think if either of us had the money we could have done a better job than the sagars.

ans1122

Groupbie

ans1122

Posted: 29 March 2013 at 4:53pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Nandiniraizaada]I think absence of a proper male lead was a reason why the show didnt take off

Well I was very excited to watch the show while they were doing the pre-launch promos.. But after just 2 weeks, I knew this show would go off air... Lots of problems with the show (and NO it has nothing to do with being a female dominating show or the absence of saas and Bahus and their sajish or time slot issue)

1. For the first 2 weeks (even more coz I was not a regular viewer after that) all that they showed when it comes to Ma Durga was - her one emotion face - no matter if the situation is sad, happy or frightening- all is she doing is listening and giving a statue like smile...

2. It didn't feel connected at all - as mention earlier unlike other mythos (from Ma durga, ramayan, Devo ke dev Mahadev - which shows god, actually doing something or in action) here Ma Durga was always sitting in her sihansan and talking in one sentences or just bragging about her own mahanta (Someof her actual action came much later when ppl started complaining)

3. It was dragging like crazy, so in first 2 weeks there was nothing where you would see the story line is moving, they were just giving importance to the non relevant stuff and stretching the story like a rubber band, which had to break ...

4. They started the story with Ma Durga and Kalkay's story... Anytime I see a track on mythos, I usually like to google and search about the topic or just know the story behind it so that I can relate to it... To my surprise I just could not find any information about kalkay's whereabouts.. If you are starting a show as big as JJJMD atleast start with a better engaging track where ppl can atleast relate...

5. Bad makeup and cast selection - Vishnu and Parvati to be completely blue... No strong side actors except for Ma Durga (one of the reason ppl love DKDM is because each and every character has been given a fair share and have been showen as per the character... By following strong character they could have attracted atleast the crowd who watches DKDM and are interested in mythos... But those ppl who watches DKDM does not want to see Parvati and Vishnu in blue and bad looking, Mahadev to be so helpless and all that so it just doesn't connect)

I guess there is a lot but top 5 reasons are good enough... I was super excited to add 1 more mytho show into my viewing list but now I am glad it is ending because of the reasons mention above and more...

Edited by ans1122 - 30 March 2013 at 12:16am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

krishnchaitanyakalyani_shivaPatrarekha

krishnchaitanya

krishnchaitanya

Posted: 31 March 2013 at 12:33am | IP Logged
sir MSPE,

in order to make any show success , it depends on type of subject we are showing,how we are presenting and how the response is !!!!

when DKDM was aired on LifeOK , nobody expected even the producers that the show would gain such success and popularity . of course ,even after sometime ,DKDM would lose its charm and popularity with passing of time and pull off ,but  atleast it is true that it achieved some kind of success and showed that still mythological shows can succeed if presented properly.   

the main drawback of JJJMD is in the following points I prefer to acknowledge

(a)   from starting episode, they showed that all world and tri-devas and tri-devis were created by Durga. this is utter non-sense.

if Durga created tri-devas how Siva could be half-naked smearing with ash and no proper place to live, while other gods like Vishnu and Brahma are good looking and have their places to live.

My questions are  :
does Durga showed partiality to Siva?
does Durga ordered Siva to wear tiger-skin and  live in grave-yards and smear ash on his skin?

In Devi puran(or Devi Bhagavatam both are names of same purana) written by Vyasa maharshi , it was mentioned that Brahma was created from navel of Vishnu and Siva was born from the mid of the  two eyes of Brahma(when Brahma  was angry).

(b)      if you look at costumes and make up of Parvati and Vishnu 
I would say they are JOKERS. I beg million pardons and forgive me if I hurt anyone!!!

Parvati and Vishnu does not look divine . Majority of Hindus are Vaishnavas . If you present Vishnu(looking clearly in blue paint)  in such a bad way ,it will definitely fail to please audiences.

IN DKDM, Vishnu was shown in a divine way. they did not show the war between Vishnu and Veerbhadra because it would hurt the sentiments of Vaishnavites. So they cleverly avoided the fight between them without hurting anyone.

Since DKDM is Siva-centred  story they did not show much about Vishnu but atleast they succeeded in showing Vishnu as divine and in some(few)  places they showed that Siva meditates on VIshnu in order to attract vaishnavites.

But JJJMD failed to attract both Saivites(worshippers of Siva) and Vaishnavites(worshippers of Vishnu).

The comedy point is that they even failed to attract SHaktas(worshippers of Adi paraShakti).

(c)      If you have watched DKDM episode in which parvati devi the adi parashakti turned herself into MahaKali and killed shumbh and nishumbh and Raktabheej ,it gathered a TRP of 8.2 the highest for any show in that year 2012.

what is the reason for such high TRP?

I will answer.  a lot of people loved to watch parvati devi , the adi paraShakti in action!!!

But JJJMD showed durga in boring dialogues rather than in action.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.