Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga

JJMD GOING OFF AIR - All Disc. Here. (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 22 March 2013 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic8219

Originally posted by tannipartner

The show had many faults. And sagars did not tey hard to atxh ip to expectations, they thought their run off mill formula will work again. So thats why.

I have to agree they ran it like their previous shows they added to much irrelevant content and not enough of actual story if your going to added loads of made up content then the sagars are better off doing a usual serial what the point of doing an mytho serial if you never gonna follow the actual story. Find it funny that kalkey is missing from the serial it's obvious he is made up and they decided they can't carry this story on hence they have made him into a coward who has run off. Why add made up characters in the first place?

sagars always do that, instead of introducing the known stories, properly, they try to fiddle with it. they did it with dwarakadheesh too. But at that time DKDM was not there. Even DKDM's content are not true to scriptures, but overall presentation right from beginning to acting was top notch in initial days, which helped the show to reach where it is now.

Whereas, the Sagars got stuck in loop, average to mechanical typical mytho acting, circumventing and wasting time with  unnecessary events , rather than presenting the real story, substandard presentation and taking viewers for granted is the reason of the failure of the show.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12angelic8219shaliProud-India

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "JJMD GOING OFF AIR - All Disc. Here. (Page 2)" in Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 11:16am | IP Logged
This is a shame, but I blame Colors more than JJMD in this case.  First of all, the show is aired at 7pm - who on earth watches TV then?  People who watch afternoon shows are then getting ready for people out (spouses, kids, etc) coming home, and people who watch evening shows are either on the road or just getting home.  The worst time to air any serial.  I recall how on Imagine TV, Rakt Sambandh, which had decent TRPs that were just picking up, dropped like a rock once it was shifted from 10pm to 7pm.

Now to the JJMD part.  If a story is not as well known as Ramayan or Mahabharata, it is a good idea to populate it w/ either famous or good actors.  DkDM charted the way - the first few months when they were showing Shiva/Sati's stories, a lot of it was made up, but the cast was very well chosen, and every one did brilliantly their roles.  In this serial, the Durgas are the only ones carrying the show.

As Tan pointed out, in Dwarkadheesh, they tried running the story on just Krishna & Sudama, but failed miserably.  They went from a mediocre cast initially to a downright abominable cast later.  As a result, even their Mahabharat track failed to gain traction.

This show did have a lot of potential, since it would have featured little known stories about Ma Durga that are known by few people other than priests.  But they lost this golden opportunity.  Similarly, even DkDM did an abominable job showing (so far) the killings of Mahishashur, Raktabheej and Dhoomralochan, so a part of the potential that they had to show this full thing is also lost.  I hope that at some point, DkDM tries doing this right in a retcon, such as showing someone in the serial narrating the full proper story and doing it justice.

The other thing I didn't get - if Colors had the idea of combating LifeOK by running this Durga serial, why didn't they run it right opposite DkDM?

Edited by .Vrish. - 24 March 2013 at 12:06pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shaliProud-India

angelic8219

IF-Dazzler

angelic8219

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
It's quite obvious they can't move balika vadhu since it is doing well in that slot so why mess with it. It would have been better on a morning weekend slot and use the 7pm slot for repeat of another serial instead of putting new serials only to be taken off when it can't beat saathiya. Considering they run loads of repeats of serials anyway why not just move the serial to one of those slots but I guess they don't want to pay for the show.

.Vrish.Proud-India

SilverBell

IF-Stunnerz

SilverBell

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
Can't Beilve This Show Is Going Off So Soon. NOT FAIR. ):

GrandriverProud-India

Grandriver

Grandriver

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 6:03am | IP Logged
I love this show please don't end it. The thinks I didn't know I'm learning about it.

monu_tanProud-India

Doremon_Selfie

IF-Rockerz

Doremon_Selfie

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

This is a shame, but I blame Colors more than JJMD in this case.  First of all, the show is aired at 7pm - who on earth watches TV then?  People who watch afternoon shows are then getting ready for people out (spouses, kids, etc) coming home, and people who watch evening shows are either on the road or just getting home.  The worst time to air any serial.  I recall how on Imagine TV, Rakt Sambandh, which had decent TRPs that were just picking up, dropped like a rock once it was shifted from 10pm to 7pm.

Now to the JJMD part.  If a story is not as well known as Ramayan or Mahabharata, it is a good idea to populate it w/ either famous or good actors.  DkDM charted the way - the first few months when they were showing Shiva/Sati's stories, a lot of it was made up, but the cast was very well chosen, and every one did brilliantly their roles.  In this serial, the Durgas are the only ones carrying the show.

As Tan pointed out, in Dwarkadheesh, they tried running the story on just Krishna & Sudama, but failed miserably.  They went from a mediocre cast initially to a downright abominable cast later.  As a result, even their Mahabharat track failed to gain traction.

This show did have a lot of potential, since it would have featured little known stories about Ma Durga that are known by few people other than priests.  But they lost this golden opportunity.  Similarly, even DkDM did an abominable job showing (so far) the killings of Mahishashur, Raktabheej and Dhoomralochan, so a part of the potential that they had to show this full thing is also lost.  I hope that at some point, DkDM tries doing this right in a retcon, such as showing someone in the serial narrating the full proper story and doing it justice.

The other thing I didn't get - if Colors had the idea of combating LifeOK by running this Durga serial, why didn't they run it right opposite DkDM?
no sorry.. the time slot was perfect for maa durga bt due to loopholes nd viewers poor choice maa durga is leavng.. wat can u do wen ppl watch saas bahu shows... see 7pm slot was meant to target women mainly.. small towns

ans1122Proud-India

angelic8219

IF-Dazzler

angelic8219

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Well it's finally going on 5th April and it will end with the mahishasaur track whick means dragging the end. Seriously they could have ended it this week if they wanted,why drag it out? Not happy about it. They are putting a repeat of bani in its place as they have nothing new to put in its place yet.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

Proud-India

IF-Sizzlerz

Proud-India

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 5:57am | IP Logged

Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga to air its last on 5 April 2013

Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga

Sagar Arts' JJJMD is all set to bid adieu to its audience.

Yes, you heard it right. This mythological series on Colors will see its end early next month as it failed to garner the much needed TRPs as reported in the media.

Now, we get you the final date and its end.

As per a reliable source, the cast and crew are shooting for their last episode today (26 March 2013). And their last telecast date will be 5 April 2013.

So how will the end be? "As seen so far, Mahishasur has entered the show. He wants to capture all the three worlds including hell, earth and heaven. Therefore, Maa Durga fights him and his end will also mark the end of this mythological series," said a source.

However, since there is no new fiction lined up yet, the repeat of the channel's latest offering Bani will be aired in the 7 pm slot from 8 April 2013.

When contacted Piyali Munshi better known as Durga she confirmed the same.

Edited by MSPE - 26 March 2013 at 5:57am

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.