Debate Mansion

Is it time for Indian Television to change? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

Perfangel5655

IF-Sizzlerz

Perfangel5655

Posted: 19 September 2013 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
I think Indian television needs to change in so many ways however I feel most of the audience is not ready for a change. I am not sure how much this has changed but before the target audience for all all drama serials were the housewives. They liked to watch the same serials regularly. It kept them connected to the characters. There were some shows that have tried to keep shorter seasons. They wouldn't come on every weekday and all these shows pretty much failed to make an impact because the audience doesn't take these shows too seriously. 
I think the quality of shows on Indian television is really poor. Most of the storylines lack quality, the characters rarely shows depth. That is my biggest problem with these shows. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is it time for Indian Television to change? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

OyeChupKar

Goldie

OyeChupKar

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Its changing 
Watch Jodha Akbar - such a beautiful and different show
Veera is another one.

Indian TV is changing. Almost all the new shows that have started are good and different. Qubool hai has bad looking actors but the concept is awesome AND different. Veera shows the struggle of a single woman and her kids , what a lovely show Heart. Comedy nights is also good.
The shows that had started years back (and still on) are the only bad ones left at the moment.

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 21 September 2013 at 7:17am | IP Logged
Remember back to a 2009 production house introducing budding directors, writers, and their decent plot lines filmed with excellent equipment and the vision of a good cinematographer. Does that ring a bell? No?
That's because no one watched those shows and they were cancelled. I am talking about Rishta.com and Mahi Way. Such is the need of the mean, mean corporate machine that all brilliant and under-appreciated cult fiction is chopped. If the cream is out, we are left with whatever is at the bottom to indulge in.
Worry not! Some new bollywood bigshots are trying to get their feet wet in the new (really old but old shit in a new package) kind of genre of espionage and romance. Let's see how that turns out. 

It is both the audience's resistance to decent tv and (more so) the executives' hesitation in steering away from an established equation for money making that has us trapped many centuries before today's time. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top