Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Lack of Chemistry bet Onir/Purvi (Page 5)

sashashyam IF-Rockerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
My dear Waneeka,

Let me attempt an answer to your ending query.

If Purvi had tried to do what you are suggesting, the following would have happened without the shadow of a doubt, given that she would not be so rich or socially high placed enough to be able to thumb her nose at society. It would be the same anywhere else outside the Western countries, and there too unwed mothers face another set of problems. But it would be exactly like this is any conservative country, except that in some of them it might be worse - she might end up being stoned as an adulteress.

The Kolkata NGO would have dispensed with her services as soon as she started showing, fearing a scandal. The  trustees would have made sure of that. No landlord would have rented accommodation to a 'loose woman'. Women would have sneered at her in the mohalla, and assorted men would made passes at her thinking that she would be readily available.

I agree that Onir should have kept himself out of it and left her to fend for herself, for he has got next to nothing out of this marriage, at least so far. He has  had the incomparable delights of being  dragged to Mumbai, stuck with her dysfunctional relatives, carted to the K house when Ovi kicks Purvi out of the D house and, last but not the least, sleeping on the hard floor and making her morning bed tea, and all this without any spousal benefits or rights.

So  he was obviously either  a fool or a  madman to marry a penniless girl who neither loves him nor even cares for him. The answer to the riddle is, of course, that he happens to love her.  This last was a capital mistake, but then all lovers are insane in one way or the other, and why should Onir be an exception to this?

But things seem to be looking up for him. The scene where Purvi pushes up his slack jaw when he is fast asleep was charming, and she looked very pretty after a long time, with an affectionate, indulgent smile that lit up her face.

I feel that those who constantly talk of the lack of chemistry between Onir and Purvi miss one major point. This is not Arjun and Purvi, and it cannot be that. This is something quite different, and it has to be judged on its own merits, and these merits are many. Love can be of many kinds, and if Purvi comes to love Onir, it will be with a love quite different from the way she felt for Arjun. Even there, I  always felt the she was the one who  was loved, and Arjun was the one doing the loving. 

This love  will be gentle, and rooted in  gratitude and an unshakeable sense of belonging together. That seems to have never been the case with her and Arjun, otherwise she would never have abandoned him in that fashion. 

As for Shakti the actor, as distinct from Onir the character, he begins to grow on me. He was excellent during that walk home with Purvi,especially when he says that she had not looked at him even once. That was a superb rendition. For a chap who seemed resigned to being just a kabab mein haddi  between Arjun and Purvi for a few  weeks or months, Onir/Shakti has come a long way, probably much farther than he himself had expected.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by ilovedhanjanird

I think the chemistry is much better than the first episodes of onir's entry
I agree, Onir was a needless entry. Purvi could raise her child on her own, i dont understand she is a well educated girl why did she need help of another man? 

Edited by sashashyam - 19 March 2013 at 1:47pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

miadelrosariopari87KalapiFireLordPhoenixShaktifanSwati

-Stardust- IF-Rockerz
-Stardust-
-Stardust-

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalapi

Originally posted by trinichick

Originally posted by Missscarlett

[QUOTE=Missscarlett]
[QUOTE=Kalapi] [QUOTE=Missscarlett][QUOTE=Kalapi] <font color="#660000">It doesn't how <div><font color="#660000">But, dear Ovi didn't force Arjun to marry her. Arjun married heron his own accord. Also, as you said - Ovi was engaged before Purvi was even there and Ovi was his childhood sweetheart. In India - ppl, will say, Arjun came and Purvi lead him on into a relationship. But at the end Arjun married the girl from his chilhood and as the families wanted...now, that they are married, this is the only truth, and if Arjun divorces Ovi to marry Purvi - it will be Jeeju married a saali after divorcing the other sister...and this is very true from a Indian POV...</font>

If what u say is true then wont the people also might have said that a jeeju ( as purvi was engaged to arjun at that time) is marrying his salli (ovi) when ovi and arjun got married?

</div>
<div>
<font color="#660000">Ppl did gossip, when after a formal declaration of Arjun Ovi's marriage in Canada and in India, Arjun again got engaged to Purvi...</font>
0„2

<font color="#660000">Now, it is never shown in PR the true nature of such gossip, but ppl do gossip...they could say many things, now this guy Arjun being engaged to Ovi, now decided to marry Purvi, and how Purvi without a thought on abt her sister's relationship accepted Arjun...</font>

</strong>0„2

<font color="#660000">Ppl even gossip widely, how after being engaged with Purvi, the second time around Arjun married Ovi...no gossip was ever shown...</font>

0„2

<font color="#660000">Now, as marriage as an institution holds the highest honor in any religion, ppl will expect that Arjun and Ovi respect the vows they took...for Arjun did marry Ovi with sane mind, he wasn't forced physically or otherwise (in fact, even some force marriages are acceptable under India law - esp. for the boys)Big smile</font>

0„2

<strong><font color="#660000">after all the dirty0„2water that flowed under the bridge, if Arjun married Purvi divorcing Ovi...this will be the biggest scandal and tongues will go wild...the history is too disgusting and it seems Arjun and Purvi can't take an adult decision...this is pure muck...</font>

Did people gossip? I dont seem to recall anything of this sort being shown in PR and i used to each an every episode those days as those were golden dayz of PR for us arvians. I will only take into context what was shown. What 'might' have happened is pure speculation.
Anyways chuck it! I dont think we should even bring out things like 'society' and 'human values' while discussing PR as we have already seen how low the show as stooped.
I dont think if ekta ever decides to bring arvi together , shes gonna hold that thought thinking about what the society will think in the PR universe. In real life people dont do stuff like donating their babies and fiancees, then ekta can show any moralily incorrect then. If ekta can show stupid things like a gynec getting caught in a organ's racket then she can show any politically incorrect thing. In the end all ekta cares about is trps. If she wants to bring arvi back together nothing is going to stop her, not even the fact that some people like uaself might find it immoral and demeaning to do so

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chinyerenaomihyuga

-Stardust- IF-Rockerz
-Stardust-
-Stardust-

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pari87

U mean the same people that talked when the bio daughter destoryed the adopted daughterz home by stealing her fiancee?

ermmm...sister dearest gave away her fiancee after one night stand readily...it's not like Ovi cheated Purvi or kidnapped her and sat in the mandap instead...she put a deal...purvi accepted...so if ovi is a psycho for trying to steal fiance...what is purvi to give up fiance like a toy fter enjoying the one night stand? Wait, what do they call guys who do that? LOL

reet is different for ovi and purvi it seems! but I forgot, who am I trying to debate with anyway! LOL.

Excuse me? Is that a personal attack? I really think u should get a grip on uaself and watch what u comment on others!
I am not a deluded fangirl. I am a very broad minded person and wont ever support even my fav of fav character if they might be doing that i consider to be immoral. Neither will i cook up any BS and ignore the facts just to defend them and as far as ua rest of post is concered i wont even bother to reply to u as i wasnt even talking to u in the first place and neither am i interested in talking to people who love to stereotype others just because their povs differ from their ownselves   

chinyerexxxnm

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 1:13pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Missscarlett]
[QUOTE=Kalapi] [QUOTE=Missscarlett][QUOTE=Kalapi] <font color="#660000">It doesn't how <div><font color="#660000">But, dear Ovi didn't force Arjun to marry her. Arjun married heron his own accord. Also, as you said - Ovi was engaged before Purvi was even there and Ovi was his childhood sweetheart. In India - ppl, will say, Arjun came and Purvi lead him on into a relationship. But at the end Arjun married the girl from his chilhood and as the families wanted...now, that they are married, this is the only truth, and if Arjun divorces Ovi to marry Purvi - it will be Jeeju married a saali after divorcing the other sister...and this is very true from a Indian POV...</font>

If what u say is true then wont the people also might have said that a jeeju ( as purvi was engaged to arjun at that time) is marrying his salli (ovi) when ovi and arjun got married?

</div>
<div>
<font color="#660000">Ppl did gossip, when after a formal declaration of Arjun Ovi's marriage in Canada and in India, Arjun again got engaged to Purvi...</font>
0'2

<font color="#660000">Now, it is never shown in PR the true nature of such gossip, but ppl do gossip...they could say many things, now this guy Arjun being engaged to Ovi, now decided to marry Purvi, and how Purvi without a thought on abt her sister's relationship accepted Arjun...</font>

</strong>0'2

<font color="#660000">Ppl even gossip widely, how after being engaged with Purvi, the second time around Arjun married Ovi...no gossip was ever shown...</font>

0'2

<font color="#660000">Now, as marriage as an institution holds the highest honor in any religion, ppl will expect that Arjun and Ovi respect the vows they took...for Arjun did marry Ovi with sane mind, he wasn't forced physically or otherwise (in fact, even some force marriages are acceptable under India law - esp. for the boys)Big smile</font>

0'2

<strong><font color="#660000">after all the dirty0'2water that flowed under the bridge, if Arjun married Purvi divorcing Ovi...this will be the biggest scandal and tongues will go wild...the history is too disgusting and it seems Arjun and Purvi can't take an adult decision...this is pure muck...</font>

Did people gossip? I dont seem to recall anything of this sort being shown in PR and i used to each an every episode those days as those were golden dayz of PR for us arvians. I will only take into context what was shown. What 'might' have happened is pure speculation.
Anyways chuck it! I dont think we should even bring out things like 'society' and 'human values' while discussing PR as we have already seen how low the show as stooped.
I dont think if ekta ever decides to bring arvi together , shes gonna hold that thought thinking about what the society will think in the PR universe. In real life people dont do stuff like donating their babies and fiancees, then ekta can show any moralily incorrect then. If ekta can show stupid things like a gynec getting caught in a organ's racket then she can show any politically incorrect thing. In the end all ekta cares about is trps. If she wants to bring arvi back together nothing is going to stop her, not even the fact that some people like uaself might find it immoral and demeaning to do so
Double post

Edited by Kalapi - 19 March 2013 at 1:15pm
Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 1:15pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Kalapi] [QUOTE=Missscarlett]

</div>
<div>
0'2

</strong>0'2

0'2

0'2

<strong><font color="#660000">after all the dirty0'2water that flowed under the bridge, if Arjun married Purvi divorcing Ovi...this will be the biggest scandal and tongues will go wild...the history is too disgusting and it seems Arjun and Purvi can't take an adult decision...this is pure muck...</font>

Yes, you are right dear, they showed no gossip...that why I said, PR never showed the true nature of gossip, especially against the so called 'lead', who could do no wrong...gossip is only shown that benefits the leads...

Now, even I want an Arvi union, just to see how the show does in terms of TRPs, if an Arvi reunion can sustain the show, I am very curious to see what happens Big smile

Btw, I never understood why a Gynec can't be caught is an organ trafficking racketConfused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87FireLordPhoenixkoolsadhu1000

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Even i want ARVI  reunionBig smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87Anushka..KalapiFireLordPhoenix

-Stardust- IF-Rockerz
-Stardust-
-Stardust-

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 1:25pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Kalapi] [QUOTE=Missscarlett]

</div>
<div>

0'2

</strong>0'2

0'2

0'2

</div>
<font color="#660000">Yes, you are right dear, they showed no gossip...that why I said, PR never showed the true nature of gossip, especially against the so called 'lead', who could do no wrong...gossip is only shown that benefits the leads...</font>

<font color="#660000">Now, even I want an Arvi union, just to see how the show does in terms of TRPs, if an Arvi reunion can sustain the show, I am very curious to see what happens Big smile</font>

</strong>

<strong><font color="#660000">Btw, I never understood why a Gynec can't be caught is an organ trafficking racketConfused</font>

<div>

Hmm... Because he is a gynec and not a surgeon? He went to med school to study gynecology and specializes in that field.
Surgery is a totally different field of expertise and to exact organs u need to be a surgeon, that too a skilled one as surgery is a risky business and the internal organs are fragile and need sensitive handling if they can be harvested. Its not possible for a person to be a gynec and a surgeon together.
Ohh... It wont bother me if arvi reunites or not. I will forever cherish them as my fav couple any which ways. I have stopped watching PR a long long time back. I might come back to it if arvi reunites (logically) or even if they dont, i will have no bitter feelings Smile

Edited by Missscarlett - 19 March 2013 at 1:25pm

chinyereAnushka..

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 1:42pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Kalapi] [QUOTE=trinichick][QUOTE=Missscarlett][QUOTE=Kalapi] [QUOTE=Missscarlett]
[QUOTE=Kalapi] [QUOTE=Missscarlett][QUOTE=Kalapi] <font color="#660000">It doesn't how <div><font color="#660000">But, dear Ovi didn't force Arjun to marry her. Arjun married heron people also might have said that a jeeju ( as purvi was engaged to arjun at that time) is marrying his salli (ovi) when ovi and arjun got married?

</div>
<div>

0'2

<div>

Hmm... Because he is a gynec and not a surgeon? He went to med school to study gynecology and specializes in that field.
Surgery is a totally different field of expertise and to exact organs u need to be a surgeon, that too a skilled one as surgery is a risky business and the internal organs are fragile and need sensitive handling if they can be harvested. Its not possible for a person to be a gynec and a surgeon together.
Ohh... It wont bother me if arvi reunites or not. I will forever cherish them as my fav couple any which ways. I have stopped watching PR a long long time back. I might come back to it if arvi reunites (logically) or even if they dont, i will have no bitter feelings Smile
No no dear, in India a MBBS degree means bachelor in medicine and surgery. In fact, students practise hours and hours on dead bodies and are taught extensive human anatomy. A MBBS doc can do simple surgury. And in an organ trafficking - Mittal can employ him to open bodies up (although success rate might be questionable - but if he had enough hands-on experience, he could probably do a satisfactory job, right). Besides, Onir, might not be doing hands-on surgery himself, and masterminding the operation (as Mittal actually is). So, he can be implicated too in the racket (and as Onir said he will do a case against Mittal - even though Mittal isn't a doctor)...right..

Also, in India a doctor gets MBBS first and then goes to specialize through a MD degree (and that can mean specialization in surgery/gynec/pathology etc.)

Edited by Kalapi - 19 March 2013 at 1:42pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pari87FireLordPhoenixkoolsadhu1000

Go to top