Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kalapi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Shymala, I agree with you totally. Any actor/actress should do different roles to portray their talents. I also feel if there is a section of the audience who fails to identify with the actor in certain characters, it should only motivate the actors to outdo himself the next time, for that is how perfection is achieved.

Now if an actor/actress isn't happy with a particular role or how a script is going, they always have the option of walking away from that story. Many have done just that in the past and many will do so in the future. Nothing wrong. But, it is wrong to expect the Cvs to oblige. No one does it, we all work and our company doesn't oblige us by changing our job if we don't like it. We can resign, that is our option.

Now, if a particular actress/actor is taking a social to convey his/her dissatisfaction that is wrong – some companies will fire such employees. If they are so unhappy, they should just move out. Now, just tweeting these things only convey negative feeling towards the PH and to the general audience who watches threes shows. From now, I will always feel while watching PR that some actors aren't giving 100% for they are dissatisfied and is in a way disrespecting the audience who are watching the show. And if the tweets are to make a certain section just happy – that isn't right either. Everyone should appreciate the importance of social media and the way it affects us all..to me, this is unexpected – if this was USA, we could have media pounding the actors why he/she isn't happy with a particular role…

My POV of course…

trinichick thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
 You ask what is chemistry...
Well, for me it's the tightness in my throat when I see them together... the love and hunger in their eyes for each other, the power of the passion,  the romantic glances, the pulsating power of their love.
A love like that comes only once in a lifetime!
Yes, Onir is a good man, and he does seem to love his MIshti, but the passion is lacking
trinichick thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jnawaz

Viewbies Note: State your opinions but there is no need to get sarcastic or mock other members. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and shouldnt be mocked for them just because those views dont line with yours. Be respectful towards all members when participating on the forum. 

PR Dev Team

I totally agree with the PR Dev Team. We all have our favourites and that is what keeps the show popular. WE must respect the others' viewpoint.
Yes, I want Purvi and Arjun back. I felt cheated when Onir was introduced. and I will continue wanting them together. I respect the other point of view also!
FireLordPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Shyamala I read your first post on this thread and I agree with you completely! Chemistry is different for every viewer just as you said that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. And I also agree that the love between Onir and Purvi will not be like the one that Arjun-Purvi had but it will be something different, a little more mature in terms of understanding and communication and as you said, that sense of belonging. Maybe (and I am hoping) she'll realize what Onir means to her if she hasn't already and also realize that he can't be tossed away like Arjun was. As much as I may dislike all the things he does for being in love with Purvi, Onir is a solid guy, someone who may not take kindly to being used and abused as Arjun was, but just might be the guy to make Purvi realize her mistakes and also come to realize just what a lucky girl she is to land a husband like him. 

Kalapi I agree with what you said as well about social media and regarding dissatisfaction of actors. If an actor is unhappy with the way the story/character is shaping up, then he or she has the choice to leave. No one will stop the actor unless the CVs feel that this one actor is needed for the show. Many actors have left shows when they feel unsatisfied and it's hardly any loss to the PH unless they feel that they have to retain the actor, like BT is doing with Ankita. As Archana, I think she's irreplaceable. She's done a great job but now she should get to do something that makes her happy and tests her strengths as an actress. I sort of get the feeling that many of the actors on this show aren't really giving their 100% like you said Kalapi. There are few that stand out but some of the others don't seem like they are that interested in giving their best.  
Edited by salvatore-nina - 11 years ago
nabitathapa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

as a whole no chemistry pity.

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Dear Kalapi,

I agree with you about the inadvisability, indeed the impropriety of actors airing their gripes against the production house thru FB, Twitter, and the like.

I was surprised to see, in one of the earlier posts in this thread,  that Rithvik and also Asha have allegedly hinted at their dissatisfaction with their roles in PR. Most of the references were to Rithvik and the mention of Asha was only in connection with one joint interview.

Now while I do have a twitter account, I only follow foreign affairs, and I do not keep  up with any of these actors, whether on Twitter or elsewhere. So I do not know if the inference sought to be drawn in that post was accurate or not, especially as regards Asha, who, as Archana's anointed successor in PR, should really have nothing to complain about! The same cannot be said of Rithvik, but in both cases, they would be ill-advised to go public with their gripes in such a back door fashion. It is bound to lead to trouble with BT and Ekta Kapoor.

Both of them are promising actors, and it would be a pity if their careers suffered because of such things. While you are right is saying that actors not satisfied with their roles have walked out in the past, it is also true that almost none of them has succeeded in other shows and with other production houses. The more common result, as in the case of Rajiv Khandelwal, who fell foul of BT, is an industry-wide de facto boycott, for no producer  likes dissidents, alas!

I suspect that Asha at least would be dismayed by such reports, and at a loss as to how to scotch them.

Shyamala

Originally posted by: Kalapi

Shymala, I agree with you totally. Any actor/actress should do different roles to portray their talents. I also feel if there is a section of the audience who fails to identify with the actor in certain characters, it should only motivate the actors to outdo himself the next time, for that is how perfection is achieved.

Now if an actor/actress isn't happy with a particular role or how a script is going, they always have the option of walking away from that story. Many have done just that in the past and many will do so in the future. Nothing wrong. But, it is wrong to expect the Cvs to oblige. No one does it, we all work and our company doesn't oblige us by changing our job if we don't like it. We can resign, that is our option.

Now, if a particular actress/actor is taking a social to convey his/her dissatisfaction that is wrong ' some companies will fire such employees. If they are so unhappy, they should just move out. Now, just tweeting these things only convey negative feeling towards the PH and to the general audience who watches threes shows. From now, I will always feel while watching PR that some actors aren't giving 100% for they are dissatisfied and is in a way disrespecting the audience who are watching the show. And if the tweets are to make a certain section just happy ' that isn't right either. Everyone should appreciate the importance of social media and the way it affects us all..to me, this is unexpected ' if this was USA, we could have media pounding the actors why he/she isn't happy with a particular role'

My POV of course'

paris.hilton thumbnail
Originally posted by: nabitathapa

as a whole no chemistry pity.

Bitter?   😆
paris.hilton thumbnail
All the issues about chemistry, hunger strike, fasting, march etc. gave me goosebumps, really. There are more important things in life than all these. Chemistry is a shallow thing to describe a good relationship. You can have all the chemistry in the world but if you have a forbidden relationship, how can that chemistry help at all? So sorry for this comment of mine. I am just saying what i feel about this issue. I don't intend to hurt anyone but i have been married for 15years now so i know that a good relationship is more than just chemistry.Edited by paris.hilton - 11 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
There, my dear, speaks the voice of wisdom and experience!

What I think are the most important for keeping a relationship strong are.firstly, mutual  trust, then mutual understanding, and finally a sense of being a unit, of belonging together.

As for chemistry, many chemical reactions are explosive, but they often produce acids or alkalis, both of which are corrosive!

Finally, there are many things in life more important even than romantic love, such as gratitude and loyalty.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: paris.hilton

All the issues about chemistry, hunger strike, fasting, march etc. gives me goosebumps, really. There are more important things in life. Chemistry is a shallow thing to describe a good relationship. You can have all the chemistry in the world but if you have a forbidden relationship, how can that chemistry help at all? So sorry for this comment of mine. I am just saying what i feel about this issue. I don't intend to hurt anyone but i have been married for 15years now so i know that a good relationship is more than just chemistry.

zonan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: paris.hilton

All the issues about chemistry, hunger strike, fasting, march etc. gives me goosebumps, really. There are more important things in life. Chemistry is a shallow thing to describe a good relationship. You can have all the chemistry in the world but if you have a forbidden relationship, how can that chemistry help at all? So sorry for this comment of mine. I am just saying what i feel about this issue. I don't intend to hurt anyone but i have been married for 15years now so i know that a good relationship is more than just chemistry.

paris hilton..i agree with you.
having good relationship is better than a chemistry.