Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pari87 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Missscarlett

U mean the same people that talked when the bio daughter destoryed the adopted daughterz home by stealing her fiancee?

ermmm...sister dearest gave away her fiancee after one night stand readily...it's not like Ovi cheated Purvi or kidnapped her and sat in the mandap instead...she put a deal...purvi accepted...so if ovi is a psycho for trying to steal fiance...what is purvi to give up fiance like a toy fter enjoying the one night stand? Wait, what do they call guys who do that? LOL

reet is different for ovi and purvi it seems! but I forgot, who am I trying to debate with anyway! LOL.
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dear Waneeka,

Let me attempt an answer to your ending query.

If Purvi had tried to do what you are suggesting, the following would have happened without the shadow of a doubt, given that she would not be so rich or socially high placed enough to be able to thumb her nose at society. It would be the same anywhere else outside the Western countries, and there too unwed mothers face another set of problems. But it would be exactly like this is any conservative country, except that in some of them it might be worse - she might end up being stoned as an adulteress.

The Kolkata NGO would have dispensed with her services as soon as she started showing, fearing a scandal. The  trustees would have made sure of that. No landlord would have rented accommodation to a 'loose woman'. Women would have sneered at her in the mohalla, and assorted men would made passes at her thinking that she would be readily available.

I agree that Onir should have kept himself out of it and left her to fend for herself, for he has got next to nothing out of this marriage, at least so far. He has  had the incomparable delights of being  dragged to Mumbai, stuck with her dysfunctional relatives, carted to the K house when Ovi kicks Purvi out of the D house and, last but not the least, sleeping on the hard floor and making her morning bed tea, and all this without any spousal benefits or rights.

So  he was obviously either  a fool or a  madman to marry a penniless girl who neither loves him nor even cares for him. The answer to the riddle is, of course, that he happens to love her.  This last was a capital mistake, but then all lovers are insane in one way or the other, and why should Onir be an exception to this?

But things seem to be looking up for him. The scene where Purvi pushes up his slack jaw when he is fast asleep was charming, and she looked very pretty after a long time, with an affectionate, indulgent smile that lit up her face.

I feel that those who constantly talk of the lack of chemistry between Onir and Purvi miss one major point. This is not Arjun and Purvi, and it cannot be that. This is something quite different, and it has to be judged on its own merits, and these merits are many. Love can be of many kinds, and if Purvi comes to love Onir, it will be with a love quite different from the way she felt for Arjun. Even there, I  always felt the she was the one who  was loved, and Arjun was the one doing the loving. 

This love  will be gentle, and rooted in  gratitude and an unshakeable sense of belonging together. That seems to have never been the case with her and Arjun, otherwise she would never have abandoned him in that fashion. 

As for Shakti the actor, as distinct from Onir the character, he begins to grow on me. He was excellent during that walk home with Purvi,especially when he says that she had not looked at him even once. That was a superb rendition. For a chap who seemed resigned to being just a kabab mein haddi  between Arjun and Purvi for a few  weeks or months, Onir/Shakti has come a long way, probably much farther than he himself had expected.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: ilovedhanjanird

I think the chemistry is much better than the first episodes of onir's entry

I agree, Onir was a needless entry. Purvi could raise her child on her own, i dont understand she is a well educated girl why did she need help of another man? 

Edited by sashashyam - 11 years ago
-Stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pari87

ermmm...sister dearest gave away her fiancee after one night stand readily...it's not like Ovi cheated Purvi or kidnapped her and sat in the mandap instead...she put a deal...purvi accepted...so if ovi is a psycho for trying to steal fiance...what is purvi to give up fiance like a toy fter enjoying the one night stand? Wait, what do they call guys who do that? LOL

reet is different for ovi and purvi it seems! but I forgot, who am I trying to debate with anyway! LOL.

Excuse me? Is that a personal attack? I really think u should get a grip on uaself and watch what u comment on others!
I am not a deluded fangirl. I am a very broad minded person and wont ever support even my fav of fav character if they might be doing that i consider to be immoral. Neither will i cook up any BS and ignore the facts just to defend them and as far as ua rest of post is concered i wont even bother to reply to u as i wasnt even talking to u in the first place and neither am i interested in talking to people who love to stereotype others just because their povs differ from their ownselves   
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Even i want ARVI  reunion๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Kalapi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Kalapi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Dear MSSScarlet, this is how we all learn, by sharing information and the forum can be a great means to interact and learned from each other๐Ÿ˜Š
SantaClaus thumbnail
There can never be a chemistry between them, They don't even look good together at all. It is like some one pointing a gun to have romance..How can you compare a Romeo and Juliet !! It is like comparing just some random man with Juliet:P๐Ÿ˜‰ Romeo will always be Romeo:) Now I know there  will be some bhashans on Romeo and Juliet !! ๐Ÿ˜‰
-Mansi.- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
exactly! their scenes where they just look at each other, i just sit there and watch. but if those same scenes were between arvi, i would be crying in a matter of seconds. 
xxxnm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i think at this point there is chemistry between onir/purvi. it might not be arvi but its there and i think it would be unfair to punir to have arvi reunte at this point. no matter who unites or breaks up i just dont want arovi together. or at least not untill ovi apologizes for her part in the marriage deal. but even then there is no chemistry between arovi. the baby scene with the 3 of them in the bed could have showed a loving family scene and i just didnt see it. frankly i find shruti kanwal one of the weakest actress on the show. she has improved vastly from the beginning but there still lacks something in her acting. the it factor is just not there. maybe with time

p.s. for anyone who thinks im being biased aganst shruti bc she plays ovi check out this post i wrote a year ago saying the same thing. and this was way before the whole arjun/purvi/ovi marriage and baby deal

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3030085
arvifanalways thumbnail
Originally posted by: ilovepr

exactly! their scenes where they just look at each other, i just sit there and watch. but if those same scenes were between arvi, i would be crying in a matter of seconds. 

so true!! Onir- purvi scenes are so forced and they are like a DEATH SENTENCE for this show. THE CV'S must HATE THIS SHOW . I HAVE NEVER SEE A WORSE JODI WITH ZERO CHEMISTRY THAN ONIR PURVI,  THEY LOOK HORRIBLE TOGETHER ๐Ÿคข