Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 7:47am | IP Logged
The first episode was surprisingly good even though I didn't have high expectations...this concept has been previously tried on a Star One show and butchered quite pathetically.

What stood out in this show though:

1) Unusual and touching narrative style...the idea of using Harshdeep as a musical narrator in a sense was really good...especially the opening sequence was really emotional...the actress playing Rano is fantastic and she conveyed that pain, that anguish of a woman forever waiting superblyClap

2) Saiyaan...this is a MAJOR plus point for the show...they've come up with an AMAZINGLY touching song...probably one of the best I've heard in many years now.

3) The depiction of Punjab...the rival show in the 10:30 slot also does a good job of this but I feel the scope was better depicted in this show...especially the way the bike ride of Bani and her cousin was shot through the fields.

4) The storyline...any Punjabi especially will identify a lot with the situation...cuz it is a very sad but true situation in Punjab...people willing to do ANYTHING to leave their existence and go abroad...

5) The actors...especially the lady cast as Bani's mom...bang on...the thoughts that she conveyed probably ring true of a lot of ppl...ppl who hate toiling away in their villages as they see NRIs earning money in vast amounts and coming back to their villages to build huge houses...the lure of going abroad and presuming that everything is gold and diamonds just waiting for you to scoop it up...on the other end, the contrast of the brother in law who couldn't make it in Canada...and came back...I found that fascinating...another perspective that Bani's mom is unwilling to see for now.

I liked that there is a balance of characters in both families...Bani's mother is bitter but not evil...her husband seems like a nice and reasonable guy...the chacha-chachi seem nice too...the other cousins do seem to have grown up bitter about the fighting in the family while Bani and Rajjo seem to be the only ones that get along.

6) The dialogue by the Beeji that leaving Lahore for Amritsar during partition was easier for her than watching her own children dividing up her home like this...very touching.

7) The overall direction...they did quite a good job of it...especially the opening sequence of Rano on the station transition to Harshdeep's narration, to Bani-Rajjo at the Golden Temple...superbly doneClapClapClap

Overall they've laid a good basis for the storyline...I surprisingly liked the show...hoping it continues hereon...a promising startSmile

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

AahaanaMuktafanSmartangel-Swetha-PristineSoul-Misek-Princess..without-fathom-Fivr-Nymeriautopia88manzilmukulTemptations.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Quite a promising beginning" in Bani - Ishq Da Kalma forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Princess..

IF-Dazzler

Princess..

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 10:04am | IP Logged

Edit.

Okay firstly, might i say, great post! Love the way you write and express your thoughts!

I have only seen the first episode as of now and yes, the show lived up to my expectations. My first reason to watch the show was for Rano (Navni Parihar) and of course, the song saiyaan. Big smile

I cant help but think of people in Punjab who actually might have faced such a situation and it is really heartbreaking.
Anyway, coming back to the show, Navni Parihar looks extremely convincing as Rano. Her face depicts the days she has seen, the sadness she has been through for 20 years. She deserves an applause. Clap

Wondering if they will keep on shooting in the beautiful Punjab though. Great cinematography and direction is a thumbs up. It was overall a show that has given me a lot of expectations and i hope it follows the path of its first episode and not get monotonous. Dont want to watch another Saas-Bahu Dead

Ooh, and the punjabi and less make up - helps the show in being closer to reality. Plus point!

Raising an issue like this, i just hope they dont devaite from the storyline as the previous show did.

P.S. Isnt every music bit just great? Smile

Edited by Princess.. - 20 March 2013 at 1:07pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PristineSoulAreYaar

Aradhya49

Groupbie

Aradhya49

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 11:31am | IP Logged
agree wid you

mango-frost

IF-Stunnerz

mango-frost

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
i agree completely...i didnt have much expectations from it honestly...i wasnt going to watch it, but i decided to just see what its like just because of the locales of punjab...since im a punjabi myself, but living in canada...and havent visited india in over 8 years...i do tend to miss india sometimes, especially punjab...

and, im glad i decided to watch it...not only were the locales shown beautifully, but the acting, the story, the characters, the narration...and yes, harshdeep and saiyan were absolutely amazing...i downloaded that song and have it on repeat since yday...its so heart-wrenching and full of soul...harshdeeps voice really touches the cords of the heart..

hope it does well and sticks to the essence of punjab...which is i think is the USP of the show at the moment...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

utopia88

IF-Sizzlerz

utopia88

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
Awesome post! Thumbs Up

I loved yesterday's episode. It really laid the foundation to what's to come next. The actors did a superb job. I also like how the Punjabi setting and culture has been depicted. Very rustic! I'm really excited to see the next episode. I hope the CVS do the NRI issue full justice. Smile

Edited by utopia88 - 19 March 2013 at 12:09pm

AreYaar

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Anu LOLLOLLOLHug main bhi idharTongue Surprisingly I accidentally caught bits of the show and OMG WOW!! I was quite happy!!Something which again caught my attention WORD to everything you said...BTW I donno why I love Rajji ..She is cuterLOLAnd Navni is such a seasoned actress ..Ahh she as Rano is great!! Haven't watched second episode yet but first one was really beautiful 

AreYaar

-Misek-

Viewbie

-Misek-

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
very good post indeed. I just caught up with the two episodes and must say the beginning is quite impressive. Though I dont knw much abt Punjab and the culture but I m really liking the show and hope the feeling stays the same provided CVs don't butcher the plot.

AreYaar

-Swetha-

Coolbie

-Swetha-

Posted: 20 March 2013 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Awesome review of the epi by u, Anu Thumbs Up
Agree with ur views completely Approve

AreYaar

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.