Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
happy holi, all. wonder what khushi told asr this year. or maybe he asked her to give the rupees three hundred back and they had a royal fight. then they did those things one must do after such a fight. and as is the way of things at rm, right in the middle of it all hp knocked on the door. but this time khushi pulled asr down back to what he was doing and hp left looking forlorn (oh he has surely negotiated more screen time).

maybe after that the two of them joined the celebrations, played with gulal and drank so much bhang they didn't remember a thing, just that when they came to, they were at the poolside, together on the lounger, and when they looked into each other's eyes they remembered too many things... so many that khushi immediately got an attack of sanka and leapt out of lounger. what the, said he, where are you going? to get coconut oil for you. what? yeah, to remove the colour and then put some on your hair...do you know the good effects of coconut oil...

khushi, he groaned and wished there was a pearl dori to snap somewhere. the next thing he knew she was back snuggling with him, and saying calmly, say all that to me again.

what? he said and held her hand and pulled it to his chest and tugged her on top of him.

happy, nahiiin, it was an ecstatic holi. he stayed long afterward with her on the lounger, her hand pressed to his heart. there was a dhadkan uniting in every second of this day, every infinitesimal bit of every second in fact.

samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

^^^ samin, hi,

that's a most touching and sensitive take on the barsi episodes πŸ‘. yes, i wonder too if those that leave us somehow look out for us... actually at the point when the little girl in the mandir touched his face there was a sense of his mother having sent her to take care of her son in his hour of need. i didn't notice the gangajal and flowers thing, but now that you mention it, yes those were the things khushi touched.

really liked what you said about nani i had never quite fully appreciated the fact that how well jayshree t did nani. she added depth and layers with her interpreatation , and despite heavy make up, truly expressive face. the woman looking at her daughter's picture, just feeling the wrenching at the loss of a child which only a mother can, how expertly she delivered it with just one look. fantastic.

about his mom and khushi. i have never felt that he gave anjali his mother's place. he loved her with all his heart and she perhaps was the reason he still wanted to live and remain active and focused, make money, succeed. but it really wasn't until khushi came that his completely locked away mother place, held in that scream ever present in him, was opened bit by bit and she was allowed in. in fact, if he gave anyone a place near his mother ever it was khushi. as the years would pass, khushi would possibly occupy more and more space, and he will see in her some of that mother's love. as she will start seeing traces of her babuji in him.

very garbled me, hope you can make out what i am trying to say.

i enjoyed your thoughts on chanchan. i haven't seen it, and won't be. but really ipk was ipk, rags or not.

thanks. and where are your colors? miss them.

Thanks Indi. I actually purposefully did not put any color because I was writing the Barsi episode analysis. I thought it was solemn. You are right, I also never felt in the begining that he gave his mother's place to Anjali until the Rakhabandhan in 2012 when he said, after she said - Agar ma hoti- Aap ho na meri liye woh kafi hain. It seemed that he also changed himself in proximity with Khushi. Because Khushi totally accepted Garimaji and Shashiji as her parents and Payal as her sister. There Payal and Shashi were not even related to her by blood. There Anjali was her elder sister. I think elder sisters always replace mom. I felt he totally accepted Anjali as Mom during Marriage when after saying he wants to marry Khushi he looked at Di. However up until even kidnapping he was treating Di as someone he adores but who needs taking care of, who he can not share everything. However he changed when he told Anjali he loves Khushi.
samin6 thumbnail

horizon, you are so right. put the two scenes next to each other and it's like two different stories. interestingly, i felt he never made eye contact with garima during that i want to get on with my life spiel, at the wedding, a certaincoldness in him toward her. i was half hoping that while he might have tried to forgive garima at a rational level, because he believed his father was at fault, also his feelings for khushi were too entrenched for him to just walk away, we'd still see a subtle re-emergence of tension. his unresolved feelings about about garima, his mother place hurting, and this leading to discord, distance, things. even that might have been acceptable. but what we got, aiya.

two asr's. where where? i want.

I agree Indi he may have agreed to marry Khushi because he loved her. Still he was a liitle uncomfortable around Garima. But in any case he was always respectful towards Garima, and anyone would be considering she raised Payal and Khushi as her own. Anyways he had made a bigger crime with her daughters. He was responsible for breaking of her daughter's marriage on wedding day, causing disfame of one of her daughter's name, caused one to enter a marriage on the day the other one was, put one daughter's life in danger, caused one to enter a marriage which was considered not full, showed them they were poor on numerous occasions and the list goes on. We saw how Arnav was forgiven by Garima for numerous mistakes he made intentionally. So I think he therefore could not blame her for a mistake she made which was not in her hands.
samin6 thumbnail

happy holi, all. wonder what khushi told asr this year. or maybe he asked her to give the rupees three hundred back and they had a royal fight. then they did those things one must do after such a fight. and as is the way of things at rm, right in the middle of it all hp knocked on the door. but this time khushi pulled asr down back to what he was doing and hp left looking forlorn (oh he has surely negotiated more screen time).

maybe after that the two of them joined the celebrations, played with gulal and drank so much bhang they didn't remember a thing, just that when they came to, they were at the poolside, together on the lounger, and when they looked into each other's eyes they remembered too many things... so many that khushi immediately got an attack of sanka and leapt out of lounger. what the, said he, where are you going? to get coconut oil for you. what? yeah, to remove the colour and then put some on your hair...do you know the good effects of coconut oil...

khushi, he groaned and wished there was a pearl dori to snap somewhere. the next thing he knew she was back snuggling with him, and saying calmly, say all that to me again.

what? he said and held her hand and pulled it to his chest and tugged her on top of him.

happy, nahiiin, it was an ecstatic holi. he stayed long afterward with her on the lounger, her hand pressed to his heart. there was a dhadkan uniting in every second of this day, every infinitesimal bit of every second in fact.

Our dear Indi I am a huge fan of IPKKND flashbacks. Now let me tell you from the day of Holi onwards I was wishing that Arnav and Khushi have flashbacks of the Holi. Stupid me was thinking it was reserved for this year's holi. OK Arnav bitwa remembered thrice and Khushi not even once. Now think how much more stupid I am- I was thinking IPKKND season 2 will start in this year's holi. Again dreams squelched.  Guess what I have an official enemy- Nimbu ka achar.
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

^^^

🀣 πŸ€£

wiwy, ami,

while the sautens fight, guess who's giving the massages and oh, whose hand is that on my shoulder.

I don't know about my sauten, but actually its not a bad idea you (and maybe Sohara too!) giving him massages! That will keep him warm and relaxed ! And then scoot, please, sir !  I will take over, sir! What say? πŸ˜†
Edited by wiwy - 11 years ago
wiwy thumbnail

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

πŸ˜† Good one Chalhov! its unfortunate that ASR's first sorry stemmed from this fakewa! didi is anari but so is the saala for not recognizing him!  then again with out shyaam the story would be overπŸ˜• you're getting the hand of the collages πŸ‘πŸ‘ again nice pics!

Wow Chalhov
Only the other day you said you were learning to make collages! Gosh! You are a remarkably fast learner, must say! This is brilliant ! Love it.
wiwy thumbnail

thanks for starting with that heartfelt and sincere gesture. this is indeed for cynthia. and you have written the feelings so beautifully. shashi ji was an incredible parent. he was sharp, sensitive, and progressive in his views. wanted his girls to do well, supported them and tried not to banish them to a dark little corner just because they were girls. the sort of parents that every girl in india deserves to have. never to be compared with boys and found wanting. interestingly, there never was any desire for son expressed by shashi ji or garima. and garima was fascinating; a mother, both whose daughters were not biologically her own, yet they were more hers than anyone else's.

many things in ipk chalenged convention and stereotype, and are worth learning from.

mami is a sharp one. the character is so colourful and interesting, and really you do meet people like this who can be quite bizarre at one level, but pretty canny to and sometimes very loving.

thanks for that lovely last para. and the vm.

Very sweet of you Sohara to dedicate this episode to Cynthia. No one can love us like our parents do. I am so close to my father and that Shashi-Khushi bonding made me so emotional! Lovely analysis and VM.πŸ‘
wiwy thumbnail
Credit to the uploader

WISHING ALL A HAPPY HOLI !

Dear Philosophers, Blasters and Doctors!  Happy Holi!! πŸ˜ƒ  May not be here too often since my relatives are visiting for two weeks!  My family are back to normal again!  Also I've been so sleep deprived that my body is giving up and I get so tired by the time I put my kids to sleep!  I'm still trying to catch up on my beauty sleep! πŸ˜ƒ

Here are more of Cecilia's artwork!

This is my own edit!! 😳

Edited by Katelyn - 11 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

Friendly Disclaimer: My words, thoughts  and ideas are mine only, please do not copy. You are welcome to use it, but credit accordingly. Thank you!

Episode 80: Provoked

A numbness grabs him at the sight of the flowers and other puja essentials on the table, Anjali sees right through his pain, he gestures a nod "i'm ok" but she knows better, she goes to his room . His fingers are on his laptop but mind is fighting that dreadful day. 

Moving his eyes back an forth , gulping down the tears he's trying stop, the intensity of it all increases, he slam laptop shut. Eyes need closed, more images of that day, she is running through the halls of sheesh mahel to the sound of shehnaai (wedding instrument)...a 14 yr old Arnav screams for her "Maaa!" his eye open horrified, it's like he is that 14 year old again. Anjali came just in time, he needed that hand on his shoulder badly, he felt as lost as he was that day...He takes all the pain and wraps his arms around her in the hope that she would take it away, and as always, she tries her  best. 
Anjali is just like his mother, who always tries to console him, protect him from his anguish. And Arnav is like a father to her who takes care of her,protects her like a shield.

The tears needed an outlet, she knew that "kuchh mat kaho" no need to explain.
Slowly mustering up courage, he releases her hand and stands up.This scene came at the end of episode 80,  but haunting of that day and anxiety of barsi coming up, had been lingering within him all day.
good observation.πŸ‘

He woke up with a bad headache, one can only imagine the night he had after a marriage proposal from La and the nerve of the low-status girl who disconnected his phone, add to it, the thoughts of barsi coiming up. Then at the breakfast table, more marriage talk by Di, he's quick to remind her  he doesn't believe in marriage. 

And through a small window we learn his mom and dad have something to do with it...but  the window is fast closed by Arnav ademently  "Di, i don't want to talk about this!" He's furthure  irritated when La comes still in her traditional wife avatar, so he clearifies again in front of Nani, Di and La, "mein yeh pehle bhi kahe chuka hoon, shaadi ke baare mein mera khayal badla nahi hai aur naahi kisi ke kahne se badle ga (I said this bofore, my stand on marriage didn't change nor will  it  change just by someone telling me)" 
This marriage proposal couldn've come at a worse time, the barsi (death day) of his parents coming up, also a brutal reminder of the day his parent's marriage shattered and with it his trust in the institution of marriage...now he has to deal with marriage pressures and constantly remind everyone his strong stanze against marriage... all because the mistake of Khushi Kumaari Gupta. He needed to settle the score with her for filling La's head with nonsense, but more imortantly for disconnecting his phone yesterday. 

Khushi seems to be a step  ahead as she does all she can to avoid him.  First she cuts him off when he tries to talk to her by dragging La into the kitchen.
He follows her into the kitchen, only after  Di and La have left ofcourse. "Kya soch ke tumne mera phone kata tha, (what were you thinking when you disconnected my call?)" taking  his signiture step of intemedation. "tumhe to lagta ha bolne a haq sift tumhe ha, hai na (you think only you have the right to talk, don't you)? 

he is able to get those two lines in before she causes disterbunce out of fear, by dropping a container of flour, getting it all over him and making him sneez, maami runs in and he has to leave. what happens between them, stays between them. He leaves highly disapointed. 

She's trying to sneak out on high alert to get the light bulb, but  proves useless as she's unable to escape Arnav. He ends his call...she's become more important now...πŸ˜‰
He tries to get more aggresive this time "Don't even try moving till i'm done talking, dont' move you hand" but quickly goes silent, his  face softens ino worry, Khushi looks like she's going to faint. Uff his voice fills with concern and  her fist name comes to his lips, "khush...Khushii, Khushi, khushi?" his hand on her shoulder,
His concern was evident in his voice.

helps her sitdown "Khushi!" she asks for water and when Arnav call JP, she hurries him (she must've been thinking about the teej fast breaking incident coming up with this ploy), "Ok" runs to get it. KHushi's tactic is disclosed, she's digging a deeper hole for herself...her cuteness did not appeal to me here. He comes back with a glass of water, where did she go?  "Khushi!". He scans the room. His eyes stop at her duppatta caught in between the front door (that dupatta of hers always seems to play for team Arnav, today it lingered for him to tell on her) , 
Khushi is such a dramebazz. She stupefied him, that made Arnav more angry.

the door pops open, its her frantically freeing her dupatta and running for her life.  This was the moment, the one of maha-provocation  the limits had been crossed, his feelings were tampered with, this time she pushed him over the edge. The wrath of it all endured by the glass in his hand. 
Khushi actually pushed him to the edge.

"ENOUGH KHUSHI!"   for the second time, his thoughts   immerged in Khushi's is spilled in front of La. La shakes it off "its ok ASR"...her denial has begun. Arnav really has had enough from Khushi, in Khushi's defense, all of her actions were out of fear, the man knows how to intimidate the poor girl, but with the fainting tactic, we see that she is very capable of playing dirty.

This takes us to on of the most intense scenes on the show, after Khushi returns and is surprised to find LG behind the door, b/c  wasn't that his car that just left the RM?
A panic driven Khushi rushes upstairs to help mami, while he is determined to  get some answers. She opens the balcony door, but it's forced closed by him, she tries to escape a few different ways  before finding herself trapped between his arms, 

looking up, she finds his face inches away from hers, she steps back.  

"yoou're way past your limits Khushi Kumaari Gupta" he warns. The limits he speaks of are more of her defiances over an over. Again he asks about disconnecting his phone, informs her that she may not move till she answers his questions. Still an uneasy Khushi looks around, for some help, infuriating him furthre "you don' t see anyone around? that's because noone is home...SAMJHI TUM (understand)?!! his voice echoes through the RM. 
"Tum ho kaun jisse baat karne ke liye itna kuchh karna padta hai, sirf di ki waje se mein tumh apen ghar mein apne aas paas bardasht kar raha hoon varna..."(Who are you that i have to do so  much just to talk to you)  questioning her identity again... "Do the work your supposed to do, you're here to train Lavanya, not teach her your middleclass mentatliy...do you work, take your money and quietly leave...and yes keep the mearriage ideas to yourself! do you understand? Ms.Khushi Kumaari Gupta"

This scene was never about marriage ideas in La's head, its more about Khushi messing with his belief system especially days away from their parent's death anniversary, its about showing Khushi her limits, he thought he had her cornered but she fires back, giving him a jolt, he has to step back and listen.
loved your cognitive thought.
"Shaadi ka idea hamaara banaya hua nahi hai, Mr.Arnav Sing Raizada..." She goes on to explaign her idea of a marriage...a blessing from God, a bond even death can't seperate, sacrificing your life for your loved one...a promise kept till the end of life. Her explanation of marriage was breaking down a thick wall inside of him,  he has never heard it explained this way and it was far from the example he has seen . as he would later tell Khushi"do log zindagi bhar ek saath rahe hi nahi sakte, time se saath saath log badlte hai, aur aage nikkal jaate hai (Two people can't live together for their whole lives, people change and they move on)" ...that is what he was left  with after he lost his parents. Khushi proceeds with a statement that stems from her discomfort about his "live-in" status with La, she  assumes that the relationships are meaningless to him, that he's incapable of understanding them, and the nail on the coffin "aapka character hi dheela hai" 
Khushi was prying too much.She didn't know the actual reason of his disbelief in marriage. My thought is La's relationship with Arnav was bothering her. So she wanted to push it to see the edge.

Her attack on him here reminded me the one during the resignation scene when she accused him of perposely putting her life in danger...i almost expected him to remain as quiet as he did that day, but he did just the opposite, crossing a limit of his own. 
Coz Khushi provoked him too much this time.

He grabbed her hand from behind and with enormous force, turned her towards him and pulled her close, really close...uff. He doesn't  seem to know why he's doing what he's doing but sexual tension was oozing out, mostly from him and a tad from her.
he just couldn't resist himself. There was a pure seduction in his eyes.

"who said i'm done talking, what did you say? i have a loose character? i'll show you what a loose character is." horrific words for any girl to hear, khushi terrified, tears rolling down, a plea in her tone "that's not what i meant", this is where it really gets interesting for me: He puls her in even closer,  the anger only becomes an excuse to be as close to her as can be. 
I also thought same.

"to batao mujhe kya matlab tha tumhara (then tell me what did you meant?)" his soft voice modulations here, it felt more like a flirty question than a threat. On her end, fear was present but throughout the moment her trust in him appeared again, and what's this? she's looking at his lips...
His close proximity was making her weak.She also felt the sexual tension I guess.

a part of her was not objecting to his nearness. His face softens with her tears, slowly her pain is reflected in his eyes too
He can't see tears in her eyes.This is his weak point.

He finally releases her,  he looks at the door like he knew La was coming...keen ears and shatir dimaag is killer combo ASR!
Khushi needs a minuts to be by herself, wiping her tears, she looks down at the mark his tight fingers left on her hand,  but then she feels it trying to figure it out, figure him out, but certainly not hating him for it... and he on the other hand, stands there apologetic, feeling every tear of hers magnified "hazzaar baar" (thousand times),
may be she liked the mark from her lover.ASR was in compunction for sure.
 ashtonished at what this girl drives him to do, to react in ways he never did. Ofcourse with his parent's marriage, their barsi coming up, all played a role in elevating  the situation, but there is no denying the forign things she makes him do. 

I found a sweet closure to the intense scen above in the "rabba ve" moment  that followed. The tension from what happened earlier is carried over into this scene by both of the immensly talented actors...staring down eachother...and he was just about to leave when Khushi's face started to flicker in the candlelight, thats all it took..." rabba ve" 

she feels him looking at her, she looks back to find it true but he quickely looks away. She holds the candle up for La, and turns back to have another look, this time his eyes haven't moved an inch from her,  

there was apology for hurting her, and an acknowledgement from her.
loved how you said it. Above all they can speak better through their eyes.
Her candle stick is tilted too far while she is engrossed in him, at the same time La is about to take a  tumble...he is seen pushing the the candle away from Khushi while La fell...felt bad for La here, Arnav Khushi were lost in each other briefly,  until the "ouch" from La. Both are well aware of what just happened... and both know it was no small deal...

He helps La up and takes her inside, but  under the moonlight, over the pool,  their gazes upon each other are clear as day...no small deal indeed

This moment was the perfect "marham (remedy)" on the "zakhm"(boo boo) from the previous intense one. Somewhere she knew there was more to all of him, we are fortunate to find out what in his room when Anjali comes goes to console him but she just knows. 

Special mention for my man, Sobti was beyond brilliant in these episodes. He carries every emotion off so perfectly!!! its really hard to take ones's eyes off of him, and not only because he looks alone are enough but the talent is UNBELIEVABLE. Especially in his room trying not to cry, gulping, and how he broke down when Anjali came with out going an ounce over board.  mmmuuuaaas Barun!
undoubtedly Barun is a brilliant actor.his every single expressions, his eye movements, clenching jaw, his body language, all are too perfect, too subtle.He is a deadly combination of brilliance and good looks.

DROOL CORNER!!!!!!!!!

❀️ BRILLIANT SOBTI!! β€οΈ

❀️ the soft tenderness when he thought she was really fainting β€οΈ
the fear in his eyes of something happening to her...too precious.

mind blowing analysis of the episode.
Blue lines are awesome.
 I added my opinion in pink.
Edited by sohara - 11 years ago