Please forward to as many people she needs justice

Showbizz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/07/27/india-acid-attacks-idINDEE86Q05420120727

1 of 3. Sonali Mukherjee (L), 27, holds the hand of her father Chandi Das Mukherjee inside a room temporarily offered by a Sikh temple in New Delhi July 22, 2012.

Credit: Reuters/Ahmad Masood

Nine years on, Sonali Mukherjee, 27, is appealing to the government for medical support for skin reconstructive surgery as well as tougher penalties on her three assailants, who were released on bail after only three years in prison.

Either that, she says, or authorities should give her the right to kill herself. Euthanasia is illegal in India.

"For the last nine years, I am suffering ... living without hope, without future. If I don't have justice or my health, my only way out is to die," she says, sitting on a bed in a sparsely furnished room above a Sikh temple in south Delhi.

"I don't want to live half a life, with half a face."

Sonali's desperate plea highlights the heinous crime of throwing acid on women in India, the lack of support for victims, and lax laws which have allowed attackers to get away with what activists say is the equivalent of murder.

A court handed down nine-year jail terms to each of her attackers. But within three years, the men were out on bail. Her appeal against their release has yielded little results, says Sonali, and she continues to worry about her safety.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Muskaan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The weak and handicapped laws encourage such heinous crimes in India. The poor girl had to suffer and is still suffering...
And, those 3 morons are leading normal lives with their wife and children...

Pathetic...
madhoo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh God!!!!  Aise jalado se India bhara ho, ise to betar hai ki India ho hi na!!!  In English: rather than having these animals live in India and to make the matters even worse, have even worse animals to run the country, it's better if there's no India at all.  There's no hope for India at all.
Just on the other day, I was wathching Adaalat and there was one episode on MLAs in India.  This one guy found guilty of murders but before going off to jail, he said to K.D. (the lawyer) that it doesn't matter if I speak the truth or not, because in 15 days, I'll be out.  The lawyer then said, that should that happen, then I'll see you in court again and will not rest until you're in jail for rest of your life.  He also said that the law in India is not like bracelets of a widow which can be broken.  Nice said, but the reality is, the law in India, indeed, is actually bracelets of a widow which can be broken easily.
Muskaan92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: madhoo

Oh God!!!!  Aise jalado se India bhara ho, ise to betar hai ki India ho hi na!!!  In English: rather than having these animals live in India and to make the matters even worse, have even worse animals to run the country, it's better if there's no India at all.  There's no hope for India at all.

Just on the other day, I was wathching Adaalat and there was one episode on MLAs in India.  This one guy found guilty of murders but before going off to jail, he said to K.D. (the lawyer) that it doesn't matter if I speak the truth or not, because in 15 days, I'll be out.  The lawyer then said, that should that happen, then I'll see you in court again and will not rest until you're in jail for rest of your life.  He also said that the law in India is not like bracelets of a widow which can be broken.  Nice said, but the reality is, the law in India, indeed, is actually bracelets of a widow which can be broken easily.

Exactly...We dont have any right to say-"I am proud to be an Indian..."
 About what shall be take pride of..?? Rising incidents of rape..?? Dowry deaths..?? Banning girls of wearing jeans and T-shirts..?? Or, growing population just to produce a boy..??

Sonali's case still fills my eyes with tears...

Law in India is like silence. Easily broken by anyone and everyone...
madhoo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Muskaan92

Exactly...We dont have any right to say-"I am proud to be an Indian..."
 About what shall be take pride of..?? Rising incidents of rape..?? Dowry deaths..?? Banning girls of wearing jeans and T-shirts..?? Or, growing population just to produce a boy..??

Sonali's case still fills my eyes with tears...

Law in India is like silence. Easily broken by anyone and everyone...

Honestly speaking Muskaan, now a days, I spend as much of time in my office as possible and avoid contact with others, because really, I'm so ashamed to be from such a corrupted country like India.  Every time I step out of my office, I feel ike people are watching me and thinking that "she's from a country where there's a crime committed against a woman every 20 minutes."  It's horrible!!

And Sonali!  Darling, if you're reading this, then let me tell you one thing: if you want justice, you will have to fight your own war darling.  And that does not include killing yourself.  Why would you want to kill yourself?  Yes it's hard to live with half a face, but why give up?  Despite what you have been through, what you're currently going through, girl, stand up and fight!!  You have to make your life not only beautiful but a successful too.  You have to show these morons that despite what they did to you, you're still able to have a happy, beautiful, successful life.  I know it's easy said than done, but keep in mind that you're not alone.  The whole world is with you.  C'mon girl!!!  Lado!!!  Haar mat maano!!
One more thing, I would like to remind you of: you can never expect to find mangoes on grapes tree.  You reap what you sow.  Your happinesses are just yours.  No Tom, Dick or Harry can take that away from you.  And same goes to those morons too: they will pay the price for what they did - their pain and sorrow is theirs only - no one can protect them from paying the price for their deeds; no matter how much they try and how much they pay.  I know it's easy said than done, but really girl, you have to fight and stand up.  We're with you Sonali!!
Muskaan92 thumbnail

Honestly speaking Muskaan, now a days, I spend as much of time in my office as possible and avoid contact with others, because really, I'm so ashamed to be from such a corrupted country like India.  Every time I step out of my office, I feel ike people are watching me and thinking that "she's from a country where there's a crime committed against a woman every 20 minutes."  It's horrible!!

And Sonali!  Darling, if you're reading this, then let me tell you one thing: if you want justice, you will have to fight your own war darling.  And that does not include killing yourself.  Why would you want to kill yourself?  Yes it's hard to live with half a face, but why give up?  Despite what you have been through, what you're currently going through, girl, stand up and fight!!  You have to make your life not only beautiful but a successful too.  You have to show these morons that despite what they did to you, you're still able to have a happy, beautiful, successful life.  I know it's easy said than done, but keep in mind that you're not alone.  The whole world is with you.  C'mon girl!!!  Lado!!!  Haar mat maano!!
One more thing, I would like to remind you of: you can never expect to find mangoes on grapes tree.  You reap what you sow.  Your happinesses are just yours.  No Tom, Dick or Harry can take that away from you.  And same goes to those morons too: they will pay the price for what they did - their pain and sorrow is theirs only - no one can protect them from paying the price for their deeds; no matter how much they try and how much they pay.  I know it's easy said than done, but really girl, you have to fight and stand up.  We're with you Sonali!!

@red: So true di...
No girl is safe in this country. She is surrounded from all the sides...
Even family members dont think before molesting a girl... Horrible...🤢

@Blue: True. Sonali has fought the battle for around 10 years...👏
But, the worst part is that inspite of the telecast of the case on Crime Patrol, her appearance on KBC...the police is not doing anything. I mean they should be re-arrested and punished or the best way: hand over them to Sonali...She can throw acid back on their face and take her revenge...Simple logic...
madhoo thumbnail
I didnt know that Sonali has appread on KBC too.  If that's the case, then, since the Bachan family have ties with Gandhi family and together they're both very strong, then Amitabh could've done something to help her get justice.  Why didn't he?
Uff!!  The more we talk about it, the more monsters are coming out of the closet!!
Muskaan92 thumbnail

I didnt know that Sonali has appread on KBC too.  If that's the case, then, since the Bachan family have ties with Gandhi family and together they're both very strong, then Amitabh could've done something to help her get justice.  Why didn't he?

Uff!!  The more we talk about it, the more monsters are coming out of the closet!!

No offense but I always think that actors esp movie stars are just preachers and not followers...
Of course there are exceptions.

pallavi25 thumbnail

Bachchan never does anything for anybody! Hes just a selfish, money minded old guy!
But Sonali did get lots of donations for her reconstructive surgery thanks to the exposure her case got after Crime Patrol episode. There was a Facebook page on her, people sent her dad money and the plastic surgeons did dozens of operations on her face. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252427/Sonali-Mukherjee-Acid-attack-victim-scarred-life--millionaire-Indias-watched-quiz-show.html
Muskaan92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi25

Bachchan never does anything for anybody! Hes just a selfish, money minded old guy!
But Sonali did get lots of donations for her reconstructive surgery thanks to the exposure her case got after Crime Patrol episode. There was a Facebook page on her, people sent her dad money and the plastic surgeons did dozens of operations on her face. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252427/Sonali-Mukherjee-Acid-attack-victim-scarred-life--millionaire-Indias-watched-quiz-show.html

You are right. I agree with you. He earns lakhs of rupees per hour but still he cant donate to a girl victim of such a heinous crime...!!

But, yes, many people including Shashi Ranjan of Star Plus gave her around 20-25 lakhs... She was invited at the ITA function and was given A standing ovation...👏