Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Woman takes to Facebook to get back husband

After Dimple Mishra, a 27 year old from Mumbai, abandoned by her husband, turned to Facebook for support, a panchayat in Bhadohi ordered her husband's family to accept her as their daughter-in-law or face a boycott.

Dimple, a native of Chaubepur in Varanasi who had been working in Thane with a telecom company, married Vipin Mishra after she met him in the city in 2009. The marriage was formalised without the consent of Vipin's family.

During that time Vipin, who also hailed from Varanasi's neighbouring district, Bhadohi, was working at a photo studio in Thane.

But when Vipin's family came to know of the marriage, it started to pressurise him to return. For some time Vipin resisted, but in April 2011, a few days before a daughter was born to the couple, he returned to Bhadohi and re-married another girl as per his family's wishes.

After appeals to her in-laws and letters to the district administration did not help, Dimple turned to Facebook this September to build support for her cause.

"Whoever I turned to for help, wanted something in return. The police paid no attention to my complaint. So I thought of turning to Facebook and befriending journalists and bloggers to help me and my daughter," says Dimple.

She says that her in-laws had once come to Thane, physically assaulted her and demanded Rs 10 lakhs. Her husband had discussed with her the possibility of getting re-married to please his parents but to continue living with her. The stress of the situation killed Dimple's father Balwant Mishra in April 2011.

"My in-laws said that our marriage was not in accordance with local customs. For it to be accepted, we would have to give them dowry and host a feast. Vipin left in April on the pretext of seeing his ailing
grandfather and married a girl from Allahabad in return for a huge dowry. He met me a few times after our daughter was born but then told me he could no longer be responsible for us. My in-laws began to
threaten me saying that I had brought shame to them," she says.

On Saturday, Dimple reached Varanasi with her daughter and was received by a crowd of supporters, among them social activists—many of whom had first heard of her plight on Facebook. The local
administration provided her security as she reached the locked home of her in laws home in Bhadohi.

On Sunday, a panchayat was called to discuss the matter. Dimple presented photographs as proof of the marriage and of the couple's life together. In the absence of representation from Vipin's family the panchayat ordered that Dimple be accepted as his wife within a week, failing which the family would be socially boycotted.

"I had written to the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and to the National Commission for Women. But it is the support from Facebook which gave me the courage to come to Bhadohi. The panchayat has spoken, now it is for Vipin's family to respond. This is a fight for my daughter's rights. I need to have answers to the questions she will ask me when she grows up," says Dimple.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Damini's Fight: Real Story" in Crime patrol: Dastak forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lovely_lady

Goldie

lovely_lady

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 2:02am | IP Logged
Good for her, taking justice into her own hands without resorting to violence. Kudos! 

But on another note, I feel it's a little sad that she fought so hard just to be with this spineless man who left her for his family. I wish she could instead get huge child support from him and live her life independently as lavishly as she wants too. But alas India has not reached that point in time yet.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-HariOmMuskaan92

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 7:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovely_lady

Good for her, taking justice into her own hands without resorting to violence. Kudos! 

But on another note, I feel it's a little sad that she fought so hard just to be with this spineless man who left her for his family. I wish she could instead get huge child support from him and live her life independently as lavishly as she wants too. But alas India has not reached that point in time yet.

You are right. Right from the childhood, it is taught to the girl that she cannot live her life independently...
She has to rely on her father first then husband and then son. This mentality is killing so many girls. So, no matter how the husband is, she has to make every attempt to save her marriage and the husband can do whatever he want.Dead

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-lovely_lady

madhoo

Goldie

madhoo

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 10:42am | IP Logged
I really dont' know what to say.  Is it just me or is India really stooping extremely low since December last year?  Koi achi khabar sune ko hi nahi milti India ke baare mein.
Just this morning, I read that six men are being charged for raping a Swiss lady in India while she was on vacation with her husband.  Like really?  Why are these guys not understanding that women are not your property or a toy to play with?
Aur yeh stupid government kya kar rahi hai?  Samose kha rahi hai kya?!!!!!

Ritu-Muskaan92

Ritu-

Coolbie

Ritu-

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 11:02am | IP Logged
I really want to say one thing to Dimple.Smile I slaute her courage to fight for her rights and the rights of her daughter.Clap Her so called "husband" is such a looser.Thumbs Up He doesn't even deserve to be called a man. Dead I also want to say that those people that supported her and are cotinuing to do so are just amazing. Big smile It just goes to show that there is some goodness left in this world. Wink

Vipin and his family are really disgusting. CensoredThey should be ashamed of themselves. Angry I have never in my life seen such a pathetic family of cowards who can't even accept their responsibility. Sleepy I also feel sorry for the family of the second wife of Vipul.Stern Smile Normally a girl gets married to a man but here they got their daughter married to a coward to such a person who doesn't even deserve to be called a man. Pinch

There is only one word for people like Vipin  Na Mard! Pinch

Edited by -Ritu567- - 18 March 2013 at 12:29pm

Muskaan92

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 2:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhoo

I really dont' know what to say.  Is it just me or is India really stooping extremely low since December last year?  Koi achi khabar sune ko hi nahi milti India ke baare mein.
Just this morning, I read that six men are being charged for raping a Swiss lady in India while she was on vacation with her husband.  Like really?  Why are these guys not understanding that women are not your property or a toy to play with?

I was also equally shocked to read this news. 6 men should be burnt live in public. The Govt. is busy just making laws, not in executing them...

Just take the recent case. Everyone is aware that who are those 6 men who raped Nirbhaya in the bus. Then, what is the need to waste the time in trials and all...??? Just hang them directly...
But, no...committees are formed, meetings of officials are organised..and the final result: ZERO.

Edited by Muskaan92 - 19 March 2013 at 2:08am

Ritu-

madhoo

Goldie

madhoo

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Muskaan92

I was also equally shocked to read this news. 6 men should be burnt live in public. The Govt. is busy just making laws, not in executing them...

Just take the recent case. Everyone is aware that who are those 6 men who raped Nirbhaya in the bus. Then, what is the need to waste the time in trials and all...??? Just hang them directly...
But, no...committees are formed, meetings of officials are organised..and the final result: ZERO.
Meeting, meeting, meeting, meeting!!!  Enough of these so-called dumb meetings.  While they're having all these useless meetings, they should schedule a meeting to discuss why so many meetings and why they're not comming to a conclusion?  At the end of that meeting, the conclusion will be, "let's think about the meeting and come up with ideas on how to respond to this meeting and then let's meet again to discuss the results."  A month is gone by.  Come next month when they're ready to discuss the results: since so many poeple were involved in the first meeting, so many different options are available.  OK.  Let's schedule another meeting to discuss the best options.  Another month goes by.  Then comes next month (we're at month 5 now).  OK.  They now know the best options, now they need to come up with the outcome of the best options.  Guess what?  Yes you guessed it right!  Another meeting.  Now they sit on it for another month: month 6th.  On 7th month, a meeting is called.  Now they have the options and the outcome of the possible outcome of the options.  But now they need to react how the media will react to the outcome.  Yes another meeting.  Month 8th goes by because they're brainstroming how the media will react.  They meet again on month 9th.  OK.  Finally they think they have the answers, but wait!!  They need to discuss this with MP now.  A month goes by just to schedule a meeting with MP.  11th month: a meeting with MP.  MP's reaction: "Let me think about this and I'll get back to you."  MP "thinks" about it for 3 months.  Finally after an year and 2 months after the incident happened, MP shares his/her thoughts: "since it's been over an year since the incident happened, I think police needs to re-investigate the case.  Only then we can come up with a best solution."  And here we go again: investigations, meetings, discussions, etc. etc. etc.

Ritu-Muskaan92

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 20 March 2013 at 2:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Muskaan92

Meeting, meeting, meeting, meeting!!!  Enough of these so-called dumb meetings.  While they're having all these useless meetings, they should schedule a meeting to discuss why so many meetings and why they're not comming to a conclusion?  At the end of that meeting, the conclusion will be, "let's think about the meeting and come up with ideas on how to respond to this meeting and then let's meet again to discuss the results."  A month is gone by.  Come next month when they're ready to discuss the results: since so many poeple were involved in the first meeting, so many different options are available.  OK.  Let's schedule another meeting to discuss the best options.  Another month goes by.  Then comes next month (we're at month 5 now).  OK.  They now know the best options, now they need to come up with the outcome of the best options.  Guess what?  Yes you guessed it right!  Another meeting.  Now they sit on it for another month: month 6th.  On 7th month, a meeting is called.  Now they have the options and the outcome of the possible outcome of the options.  But now they need to react how the media will react to the outcome.  Yes another meeting.  Month 8th goes by because they're brainstroming how the media will react.  They meet again on month 9th.  OK.  Finally they think they have the answers, but wait!!  They need to discuss this with MP now.  A month goes by just to schedule a meeting with MP.  11th month: a meeting with MP.  MP's reaction: "Let me think about this and I'll get back to you."  MP "thinks" about it for 3 months.  Finally after an year and 2 months after the incident happened, MP shares his/her thoughts: "since it's been over an year since the incident happened, I think police needs to re-investigate the case.  Only then we can come up with a best solution."  And here we go again: investigations, meetings, discussions, etc. etc. etc.

Exactly...They are more interesting in forming the laws rather than following them. The court is named fast track but see, the decision is still not out after 3 months...
Just imagine the situation of Nirbhaya's family: Her father, mother and brothers...Cry
So annoying that the case which shocked the entire country and the world, is still on...

Those 5 morons are still living. Which stupid lawyer is fighting their case..??Dead

Ritu-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top