Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 3:03pm | IP Logged

The complete baddie

Kshama Rao

Kiran Karmarkar doesn't quite understand why his negative turn in Prakash Jha's Raajneeti didn't translate into more roles in Bollywood. But television certainly seems to have taken a shine to his villainous streak as he landed two back-to-back roles that spell bad. While he's done with his character of the wicked, kohl-lined Tej Singh in Uttaran he will be seen as Balraj Asthana in Zee's Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan. "I am completely enjoying it. I have taken off the kohl and kept just the beard," he says, running his hand across his face. A suited-booted businessman, Asthana is one who wreaks havoc in the lives of his own family. "His aim is clear. He wants all his property for himself and he won't stand anyone coming in his way. He won't think twice before playing with people's lives," he says, about his character. Ask him why his rascal cop act in Raajneeti didn't fetch him more roles and he shrugs his shoulders, "I was appreciated for my two scenes; people seemed to notice me but I don't know why nothing more happened." 

Is finding roles even in TV getting more difficult? "Yes, it is because ratings are important and there are only a handful of actors who can deliver and just about a few roles that are meaty too. So it becomes difficult to always get the right fit."

Recently, Sakshi Tanwar, his co-star of Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii had talked about how blessed she is to have got an equally good role in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain. "Well, we all want to do good roles and successful shows but I can assure you in the last two years I must have turned down at least 50 roles (Raj Zutshi's in Madhubala was one). Success or failure is secondary, I am content with whatever I have got so far." 
—Kshama Rao

Published Date:  Mar 18, 2013

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

6lucky.Painfuldesiresdent4unitya96-Swetha-Tasneem-17misty85-Xpress-LadyMcbethAASUSP.Kamaljit.Sean-Fatima---MasterMind--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DNA:The complete Baddie - Kiran" in Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

P.Kamaljit.Sean

IF-Stunnerz

P.Kamaljit.Sean

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
thankz for sharing

Premeer_Diwani

IF-Sizzlerz

Premeer_Diwani

Meri Bhabhi, Gumrah S3, Savitri, HNLHS BC Winner

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 6:01am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing..i'm realy looking frwd for balraj..

-Xpress-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Xpress-

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 6:49am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing

ToobaHarshiti

IF-Dazzler

ToobaHarshiti

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Thanx for sharing :)

nitya96

nitya96

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 7:28am | IP Logged
tfs

refreshed

refreshed

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 9:00am | IP Logged
thanks 

Tasneem-17

IF-Dazzler

Tasneem-17

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 9:02am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing the article

i've seen his grey shade in Uttaran, so i'm hopeful that i'll def love to hate him in this show too LOL

He is truly a great actor Thumbs Up

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.