Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sweet_chilly

IF-Rockerz

sweet_chilly

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 3:21am | IP Logged
all this bhatt camp offering a movie to prats is really confusing for me...Confusedthey surely really really like prats..TongueLOL.already had offered her a muvi twice wich she refused again!
we do know that she was offered a bhatt  movie earlier..which she refused for obvious reasons...LOLOuch...(i wish she had said yes...itna jhelna nahi padtaShockedSleepy)...
Now prats has again confirmed that she was offered "a role"in vikram bhatts movie...now her statement of a role confirms that she may not have been offered the lead role...coz if she had she wud have grabbed it right away...her diplomstic ans of not being able to do coz of her mom is not convincing me...coz she just signed a starplus show rite,,,,,,,?...and i know working in a serial is much more hectic then in a movie...
Barun too managed nicely btw his shooting n film schedule...till that kidnapping drama was on...it was just a month long break...ofcos he left the show altogether...but thats a diff story...
wat do u think prats is looking for?...she surely wants a break in image...maybe for her the starplus role is challenging and nice enuf to grab it rite away...waise i must commend on starplus chaturai...LOLthe moment they heard she left BV ...they did not leave a chance n offered her a role...i guess they do know the value of prats n her popularity...i guess most of us are gonna shift to that forum wen the show startsLOL...

Do you think that prats will be successful?...only time will tell..her entering bollywood looks bleak to me..rite now...

PS:this is a healthy discussion..please no bashing...and any sort of mud-slinging...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Roshna-crazy4pariDryasmeker

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Whats with the Bhatts and Pratyusha?" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

masin

Goldie

masin

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 3:16am | IP Logged
To be honest, I don't know what to believe and what not to anymore! I do have a set point of view on her exit from the show but I'm not gonna share that as it's not relevant anyway :)
Point being, I admired Prats as Anandi and would surely check out her new show (if it really is in the pipeline) for the sake of it...but it better be extremely mind blowing for me to stick to it...and I don't mean that offensively...but that's just how my mind works... I told myself that I'd watch Madhubala and Punar Vivah after Geet, and although I did give those shows a chance, I'm still not as hooked to them as I was to Geet. Similarly, I don't think I'll be able to give Prats' new show the same amount of attention that I'm giving BV, and same goes for Sid's next show (whenever that happens)...not that I have a problem with the new AnSh, but my mind is just awfully weird like that and I don't know how to mend that! Confused

Then again...maybe I am on a road to mental recovery because I do enjoy watching Qubool Hai...perhaps almost as much as I enjoyed watching Dill Mill Gayye..and I'm even watching Saraswatichandra nowadays! LOL

As for Prats' success in films...I frankly think that Bollywood has been churning out reels and reels of garbage in the past couple of years so my word of wisdom to all television actors (as if they need advice from me LOL) is to stick to their tv shows instead of venturing into Bollywood and becoming a part of all that mess! I don't mean to sound anti-Bollywood...I'm a hardcore Bollywood fan...but I've just been extremely unhappy with the truckload of nonsense that they've released recently that I'm simply fed up! And that's why it bothers me to see/read about tv actors STILL aspiring to work in films... SO many Bollywood actors have started hosting/judging tv shows and most if not all of them promote their movies on tv too...that just goes to show that tv has a MUCH greater outreach than films...hence, I fail to understand why tv actors wish to be a part of Bollywood, when they're (hard)working in a much better medium!

I heard a lot of praises about Rajeev Khandelwal's shift from Tellywood to Bollywood...but I haven't watched his shows or his movies so I can't comment on that. I thought Prachi Desai did well in Kasamh Se, but I don't think her movies have been all that great! Sushant Singh Rajput is a different case...his shows were amazing and apparently Kai Po Che was mind blowing as well (haven't seen it yet), then there's Barun Sobti and while I love him, I have no idea why he chose to be a part of that film (Mr. Right...some title like that)...that project looks like a flop in the making and I really hope for his sake that the movie surprises me and does well!

I wish the same for Pratyusha...while I prefer that she sticks to tv shows instead of films (that too in the Bhatt camp Dead), I hope that in any case, she is successful in all her endeavours! Smile

Oh and as for Star Plus...that is one heck of a conniving channel! Ekta Kapoor pretty much ran their channel with all her K-serials and now the tables have completely turned...from all that I've read, Ekta and Star Plus don't go hand in hand anymore! And while I'm ranting about Star Plus, I might as well add that I think it was a disastrous decision on Star's end to get rid of Star One... I don't watch shows on LIfe OK so maybe I'm completely mistaken on how great they are...but I really miss the youth-oriented storylines that Star One had to show...really wish they bring that zest back on television! Ouch

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pr1984-Roshna-sweet_chilly

sweet_chilly

IF-Rockerz

sweet_chilly

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by masin

To be honest, I don't know what to believe and what not to anymore! I do have a set point of view on her exit from the show but I'm not gonna share that as it's not relevant anyway :)
Point being, I admired Prats as Anandi and would surely check out her new show (if it really is in the pipeline) for the sake of it...but it better be extremely mind blowing for me to stick to it...and I don't mean that offensively...but that's just how my mind works... I told myself that I'd watch Madhubala and Punar Vivah after Geet, and although I did give those shows a chance, I'm still not as hooked to them as I was to Geet. Similarly, I don't think I'll be able to give Prats' new show the same amount of attention that I'm giving BV, and same goes for Sid's next show (whenever that happens)...not that I have a problem with the new AnSh, but my mind is just awfully weird like that and I don't know how to mend that! Confused

Then again...maybe I am on a road to mental recovery because I do enjoy watching Qubool Hai...perhaps almost as much as I enjoyed watching Dill Mill Gayye..and I'm even watching Saraswatichandra nowadays! LOL

As for Prats' success in films...I frankly think that Bollywood has been churning out reels and reels of garbage in the past couple of years so my word of wisdom to all television actors (as if they need advice from me LOL) is to stick to their tv shows instead of venturing into Bollywood and becoming a part of all that mess! I don't mean to sound anti-Bollywood...I'm a hardcore Bollywood fan...but I've just been extremely unhappy with the truckload of nonsense that they've released recently that I'm simply fed up! And that's why it bothers me to see/read about tv actors STILL aspiring to work in films... SO many Bollywood actors have started hosting/judging tv shows and most if not all of them promote their movies on tv too...that just goes to show that tv has a MUCH greater outreach than films...hence, I fail to understand why tv actors wish to be a part of Bollywood, when they're (hard)working in a much better medium!

I heard a lot of praises about Rajeev Khandelwal's shift from Tellywood to Bollywood...but I haven't watched his shows or his movies so I can't comment on that. I thought Prachi Desai did well in Kasamh Se, but I don't think her movies have been all that great! Sushant Singh Rajput is a different case...his shows were amazing and apparently Kai Po Che was mind blowing as well (haven't seen it yet), then there's Barun Sobti and while I love him, I have no idea why he chose to be a part of that film (Mr. Right...some title like that)...that project looks like a flop in the making and I really hope for his sake that the movie surprises me and does well!

I wish the same for Pratyusha...while I prefer that she sticks to tv shows instead of films (that too in the Bhatt camp Dead), I hope that in any case, she is successful in all her endeavours! Smile

Oh and as for Star Plus...that is one heck of a conniving channel! Ekta Kapoor pretty much ran their channel with all her K-serials and now the tables have completely turned...from all that I've read, Ekta and Star Plus don't go hand in hand anymore! And while I'm ranting about Star Plus, I might as well add that I think it was a disastrous decision on Star's end to get rid of Star One... I don't watch shows on LIfe OK so maybe I'm completely mistaken on how great they are...but I really miss the youth-oriented storylines that Star One had to show...really wish they bring that zest back on television! Ouch

oh i used to be a crazy fan of GEET...ofcos that was until the show completely lost its plot...LOLOuch...either the case us watching prats's show would really depend on the shows quality...but starplus shows are infamous for starting out great...then going down the drainsLOL..i really dont know whether it was a wise decision for her..but am glad she dint take that bhatt camp movieDead..all there movies is about skin-showDeadLOL n no content..plus viewers wont really be wud have been able to accept sweet anandi...in a bold avtaar.Confused..speaking of bold..i really look forward prats in her "new avtaar",,,,afterall she did willingly or unwillingly left the show for a change in image...Wink

Edited by sweet_chilly - 18 March 2013 at 1:17pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

masin

-Roshna-

-Roshna-

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Yup, PB's done well to steer clear of the Bhatt camp. She's much too graceful for the skin-show+horror fare those guys churn out. Pity because at one time Bhatts made some nice movies on offbeat subjects.

I've always wondered why our TV stars don't have the same cachet as Bollywood stars or why it's so hard for them to crossover to movies. Always disliked the condescending way TV stars are treated by film star judges on reality shows. In the US and UK, many TV stars are as big as movie stars. The likes of Jon Hamm, Michael Hall, Sofia Vergara et al probably have a bigger fan following than many Hollywood stars.

I don't think Bollywood is churning out reams and reams of crap. Well, the crap is still there but last year had quite a few brilliant releases - GoW, Kahaani, Shanghai, Paan Singh Tomar, to name a few. Actually, regional cinema, particularly Tamil and Marathi, is brilliant these days. PB can be quite successful if she works with the quality directors and pick movies with strong women-oriented themes like lately Huma Qureishi has done. At least that's the route I'd like her to take.

As for BV, wish they'd get a couple of strong tracks. I'm missing a strong antagonist now because everyone is so nice now.

@masin Khandelwal's Aamir is awesome and he was a bright spot for me in Shaitaan. His latest movie is okay but the subject was something that needs to be talked about.

Edited by TheRedQueen - 18 March 2013 at 2:07pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

the_Rijmasin

masin

Goldie

masin

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
@sweet_chilly:
Yupp...I stuck to Geet for as long as the storyline stuck to its sanity! LOL And yeah..that's the problem with tv actors...their image stays with them unless their next show is as fabulous as their previous one. Then again...it's not unheard of...Saakshi Tanwar went from Parvati to Priya, Sanaya Irani went from Gunjan to Khushi, Dhrashti Dhami went from Muskaan to Geet to Madhubala...so if you're good, which I think Prats is, then it's definitely possible to play a variety of different characters on television itself...no need to look for "better scope" in films. I'd love to see Prats play a completely different role than Anandi, I think she can totally pull it off... just yesterday, I saw some pics of her photo shoot in the picture gallery...she looks SO NICE in a non-Anandi avatar!!! As for the Bhatt camp, I don't bother watching their movies...the trailers are bad enough as is! Dead

@TheRedQueen:

I agree, it's unfortunate that the Bhatts are making such trashy movies nowadays...they used to direct/produce some much better projects back in the day! You're right...not ALL movies are crap..and I've been meaning to check out the ones you mentioned but haven't had a chance to... I also wanna watch regional cinema...I've heard lots about Tamil movies and their brilliance especially! I just wish that films aren't all about social messages and wanting to introduce some pathbreaking idea...I miss the old YashRaj and Dharma films..or any other films that were just sweet and simple and something that I could actually sit and watch with my family! No matter how modern my family may be, we cannot sit together and watch The Dirty Picture Stern Smile 

Edited by masin - 18 March 2013 at 4:09pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

the_Rij

sweet_chilly

IF-Rockerz

sweet_chilly

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by masin

@sweet_chilly:
Yupp...I stuck to Geet for as long as the storyline stuck to its sanity! LOL And yeah..that's the problem with tv actors...their image stays with them unless their next show is as fabulous as their previous one. Then again...it's not unheard of...Saakshi Tanwar went from Parvati to Priya, Sanaya Irani went from Gunjan to Khushi, Dhrashti Dhami went from Muskaan to Geet to Madhubala...so if you're good, which I think Prats is, then it's definitely possible to play a variety of different characters on television itself...no need to look for "better scope" in films. I'd love to see Prats play a completely different role than Anandi, I think she can totally pull it off... just yesterday, I saw some pics of her photo shoot in the picture gallery...she looks SO NICE in a non-Anandi avatar!!! As for the Bhatt camp, I don't bother watching their movies...the trailers are bad enough as is! Dead

i am  looking forward for prats show.Big smile..really want all this bad timeDead to become history...time to move on...Tongue

sweet_chilly

IF-Rockerz

sweet_chilly

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheRedQueen

Yup, PB's done well to steer clear of the Bhatt camp. She's much too graceful for the skin-show+horror fare those guys churn out. Pity because at one time Bhatts made some nice movies on offbeat subjects.

I've always wondered why our TV stars don't have the same cachet as Bollywood stars or why it's so hard for them to crossover to movies. Always disliked the condescending way TV stars are treated by film star judges on reality shows. In the US and UK, many TV stars are as big as movie stars. The likes of Jon Hamm, Michael Hall, Sofia Vergara et al probably have a bigger fan following than many Hollywood stars.

I don't think Bollywood is churning out reams and reams of crap. Well, the crap is still there but last year had quite a few brilliant releases - GoW, Kahaani, Shanghai, Paan Singh Tomar, to name a few. Actually, regional cinema, particularly Tamil and Marathi, is brilliant these days. PB can be quite successful if she works with the quality directors and pick movies with strong women-oriented themes like lately Huma Qureishi has done. At least that's the route I'd like her to take.

As for BV, wish they'd get a couple of strong tracks. I'm missing a strong antagonist now because everyone is so nice now.

@masin Khandelwal's Aamir is awesome and he was a bright spot for me in Shaitaan. His latest movie is okay but the subject was something that needs to be talked about.

you know i always have felt that indian shows in general are crap..LOLDead...a show starts off...good and then becomes the same saas-bahu saga..not any kind of creativity at all..ofcos YRF did attempt to bring some really awesome shows on sony...but that didnt work...i think coz majority of the audience is typical middle class n they cant connect...with shows like mahi way or..khote sikey...perhaps in a decade or two..wen urbanisation will grow more..ppl may be ready for seasons..already colors is coming up with the indian version of 24 with anil kappor in it...

but such shows still seems a distant dream...i cant help  but feel sad..had it not been the format of our hindi serialsOuch we really wudnt have to deal with such replacement n leaps fiasco...even our neighbour pak serials have short serials..of 23-24 epis..n the good thing is that if a jodi becomes popular..the PH n makers do LISTEN to audience demands n bring them together..so audience also gets to see their jodi in a new avtaar...how i wish i cud see my SidYusha...but wo to ab hoga nahi..Cry

Blukitten

IF-Sizzlerz

Blukitten

Posted: 19 March 2013 at 10:00am | IP Logged
bhatt camp has not offered an movie to P...i dont hav any info abt tht...yeah she did hav a movie offer not b
necesarily a lead role few months back but she refused...
tht same news is being circulated again...there's been no new movie offer

Post Reply New Post

Go to top