Devon ke Dev Mahadev

All stories of Jalandhar-Vrinda here only/Nt pg 9 (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 13

Ranjusha

Goldie

Ranjusha

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Thanks Minaxi for sharing the story. I did not like the part when Parvati asks Vishnu to do the same thing Jalandhar did to her maybe it was needed for that curse but still so pathetic. I don't want to see that in the show and we all know they will refrain from showing it.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SweetSona2010mnx12IndigoBlues

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "All stories of Jalandhar-Vrinda here only/Nt pg 9 (Page 4)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ranjusha

Thanks Minaxi for sharing the story. I did not like the part when Parvati asks Vishnu to do the same thing Jalandhar did to her maybe it was needed for that curse but still so pathetic. I don't want to see that in the show and we all know they will refrain from showing it.
They may not show that in the show as DKDM's Parvati will loose her memories. There may be some other way of showing it. Even I don't like that part.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ranjusha

shripadk

Groupbie

shripadk

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
This story of Shiv Puran is a complete mixture. Lord Brahma weeping is absolute bullshit. The actual story is of Shiva being born to Brahma as a mind-born son.Tthe baby starts crying/howling loudly. Brahma then gives him the name "Rudra". Even on giving that name, baby Shiva does not stop crying.. so Brahma goes on to give 700 more names before the baby finally stops crying. These Shiv Puran tales are just tales taken from various other Puranas and twisted/mixed to show Shiva as Supreme and project all other Gods in bad light. The show is labelled "Devon ke dev" but the biggest irony is that they still try to show the Tridev as equal and fool the viewers. The producers have themselves not decided yet whether to project Shiva as supreme or not. Absolute confused lot. Probably the biggest confusion is who of the two sons of Shiva is elder. Karthikeya or Ganesh? And no one knows from where this Ashok Sundari character came into picture.. there is no such tale in any Puran. Probably they wanted to show a "Adarsh Parivaar" and realized they'll receive flake from viewers if there was no girl child. rofl!

Here is a funny excerpt from Wikipedia page (which was removed eventually): 

"Ashok Sundari is a Hindu goddess the daughter of Lord Shiva & Parvati.She is very rarely known as she is not mentioned nor in Vedas & neither in Puranas. She is mainly known in Gujarati folktales & is created when Parvati makes Ganesha. It is said that when Lord Shiva kills Ganesha, Ashok Sundari hides behind bags of salt because she is frightened by her father. When Parvati finds out that her son is dead, she curses Ashok Sundari to melt in salt. However, after cooling down she blesses Ashok Sundari to be reborn in a rich family. "

So even this turned out to be a hoax. Wonder how many more such tales will be created and how many more modified to show Shiva as Supreme. I'm still waiting for the episode where Shiva will finally keep up his promise of letting Karthikeya play in the lap of Saraswati (remember that episode where Goddess Saraswathi takes a promise from Shiva? everyone, including the producers have forgotten to complete this :P) and also for the episode where a solution to the incomplete Durvasa curse (during the marriage) is shown. Ganesh is yet to get shiksha from Sanakadis. We are already reaching end of Treta Yuga in the serial... I don't understand how Shivputra can be young for almost a Yuga. More astonishing is that the producers have no idea of showing events in a chronological order. This serial just demonstrates the extent to which ppl are capable of mercilessly modifying the Puranas.

I thought no one can beat Ramanand Sagar in modifying puranas (remember the long, dragging, over acting in Shri Krishna serial?). I now feel DKDM beats Sagar. Probably the only thing that makes DKDM better is good music, better animations and casting. Apart from that, its the same old BS of drag+modify+drag. And the dialogues are the most boring... i mean those dialogs don't even convey any great meaning... its just a lot of talk of love, and more love. They have successfully turned a possibly great mythological serial into another saas-bahu type serial. Adi Shakti is shown like some ordinary housewife who keeps weeping every episode, all the nice possibly spectacular scenes of Durga/Kali were totally ruined (i absolutely hated that Kali episode). I know i'll get a lot of flak from ardent followers of this show, but i feel i have put forth my honest opinion. I just watch it these days because there is nothing else to watch in the 8PM slot.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrateDeewaniRimiforam.

HaremSultan

IF-Rockerz

HaremSultan

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
i am tired of seeing all good mahadeva so a bad boy jalandhar will be a treat to see.
it reminds me of the song RUDE BOY by rihanna.
can't post the video here due to its offensive lyrics.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SweetSona2010

shripadk

Groupbie

shripadk

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Also I was just wondering... If the story of Jalandhar happens now... then what was the Saligram episode in the beginning of the serial (where Sati worships the Saligram and it turns into Linga?) ?? From the Puranas, Lord Vishnu gets to be worshipped in his Saligram form only because of  the curse of Brinda (and subsequent Tulsi Vivah).  Source: http://www.srishaligram.com/

Don't the producers know anything of mythology?

Edited by shripadk - 24 March 2013 at 7:30am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrateDeewaniRimi

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 8:05am | IP Logged
The story of Vishnu impersonating jalandhar and breaching sanctity of vrinda, sounds so much like that of tulsi from Tulshipuran. 

SweetSona2010DeewaniRimi

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 8:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shripadk

Also I was just wondering... If the story of Jalandhar happens now... then what was the Saligram episode in the beginning of the serial (where Sati worships the Saligram and it turns into Linga?) ?? From the Puranas, Lord Vishnu gets to be worshipped in his Saligram form only because of  the curse of Brinda (and subsequent Tulsi Vivah).  Source: http://www.srishaligram.com/

Don't the producers know anything of mythology?

The fact that the show modifies a lot of known stories is a common knowledge now. Everyone basically agrees to it.
 Also they do not really want to potray Shiva as the greates of them all but actually give equal footing to both shiva and vishnu atleast for the sake of viewers.

All mytho shows modify contents to bring in more drama. Sagars are known to be ruthlessly modifying even history forget mytho. 

SweetSona2010DeewaniRimi

Temptations.

Coolbie

Temptations.

Crazy Creative Baby, FF Graphicer

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
Thank u soo much Meenakshi!!
I will read it when I am done with studies!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top