Devon ke Dev Mahadev

All stories of Jalandhar-Vrinda here only/Nt pg 9 (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 13

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 6:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GERTRUDIS

But Vishnu and Parvati all shown in bad light in this story. Parvati asking Vishnu to go to Vrinda in disguise and Vishnu destroying chastity of her being cursed by her. Maybe because they are Gods whatever they did was for the larger benefit. 

I'm willing to bet that there is no way they are gonna show that, just like they whitewashed Vishnu's role in Daksha's yagna and then in the previous track about Vishnu vs Shiva.  I'll wager that since they showed Vrinda during the Sati era, they'll avoid showing her now, and just show Jalandhar's misbehavior.

Also, if they show him misbehaving too badly, they won't show him merge w/ Shiva.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SweetSona2010anu rulz

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "All stories of Jalandhar-Vrinda here only/Nt pg 9 (Page 3)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Keep in mind though that this story presents Vrinda's curse as the reason why Vishnu had to suffer separation from Lakshmi in his Ram avatar. The show is pretty close to the Ramayan era already with Dashanan on his way to becoming the 'evil' Ravan as most people view him. I can see them using this story to further lay the foundation of the epic.

I think they might still show Vrinda and Vishnu going to her home disguised as Jalandhar but they won't show them having physical intimacy (at least not as depicted in the texts). Vrinda will still be angry and curse him in the end.

Edited by Kal El - 17 March 2013 at 8:33am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SweetSona2010Indu13anu rulz.Vrish.

_Ms.Foxy.Angel_

IF-Sizzlerz

_Ms.Foxy.Angel_

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 9:10am | IP Logged
T4s...

Indu13

IF-Dazzler

Indu13

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Thanks Minaxi now waiting to see the version of this story on screen. Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 10:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

Keep in mind though that this story presents Vrinda's curse as the reason why Vishnu had to suffer separation from Lakshmi in his Ram avatar. The show is pretty close to the Ramayan era already with Dashanan on his way to becoming the 'evil' Ravan as most people view him. I can see them using this story to further lay the foundation of the epic.

I think they might still show Vrinda and Vishnu going to her home disguised as Jalandhar but they won't show them having physical intimacy (at least not as depicted in the texts). Vrinda will still be angry and curse him in the end.

Kal

I doubt they'll do that for the following reasons:
  • Just like in the previous track, staying true to script will end up portraying Vishnu as lustful.  If they couldn't show the truth about Vishnu even in Daksha's yagna, where he doesn't really come across as evil, they're not gonna show this one
  • Parvati too doesn't come off as very nice, suggesting that Vishnu do to Vrinda what Jalandhar tried to do to her.  On one hand, Parvati is often represented as being symbolic of the hopes, aspirations and rights of womankind, and for her to do something like this would bust that image like nothing ever could
  • Some of the curses Vishnu received were better known, such as the curses from Narada & Bhrigu.  But if this thing were shown, there would be almost no difference b/w Vishnu & Ravan vis a vis Vrinda and Vedavati/Rambha
On a different note, I also doubt that they'll show the Mahabharata version of things, where Shukracharya gets trapped in someone's womb and so on.  After all, this is partly a kids' show as well.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

SandytatsmevanadhiDeewaniRimipanchaalianu rulz

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Originally posted by Kal El

Kal

I doubt they'll do that for the following reasons:
  • Just like in the previous track, staying true to script will end up portraying Vishnu as lustful.  If they couldn't show the truth about Vishnu even in Daksha's yagna, where he doesn't really come across as evil, they're not gonna show this one
  • Parvati too doesn't come off as very nice, suggesting that Vishnu do to Vrinda what Jalandhar tried to do to her.  On one hand, Parvati is often represented as being symbolic of the hopes, aspirations and rights of womankind, and for her to do something like this would bust that image like nothing ever could
  • Some of the curses Vishnu received were better known, such as the curses from Narada & Bhrigu.  But if this thing were shown, there would be almost no difference b/w Vishnu & Ravan vis a vis Vrinda and Vedavati/Rambha
On a different note, I also doubt that they'll show the Mahabharata version of things, where Shukracharya gets trapped in someone's womb and so on.  After all, this is partly a kids' show as well.

That's why I think they might show Vrinda but make significant changes to the story so that the gods don't look bad. Parvati won't make that suggestion. In fact I suspect she will have a very passive role in the story. Vishnu won't be lusting after Vrinda or sleeping with her or anything. At most she could give him a Barjatya film type hug (while he just stands there without even putting his arms around her) and she realizes that he isn't Jalandhar. OR they could show that she is doing some sort of ritual, some yagya - the completion of which would make her husband invincible. The ritual requires Jalandhar to be physically present but he is busy fighting Shiva. Meanwhile Vishnu goes in Jalandhar's place. Thus, Jalandhar does not benefit from it even after the ritual is completed and is killed by Shiva. Vrinda realizes what happened, curses Vishnu and commits suicide.

EDIT: hey what if they make Indra go to Vrinda in disguise? Nobody minds if he is shown in a negative light. LOL

Edited by Kal El - 17 March 2013 at 11:40am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12SandytatsmevanadhiDeewaniRimikaatayanianu rulzIndigoBlues.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 6:27pm | IP Logged
Indra?  But shouldn't he be abdicating his throne now to atone for the killing of Trisiras?  Actually, depending on the story one believes, he should be busy elsewhere at war w/ Vritra.

Sandytatsme

IF-Dazzler

Sandytatsme

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
The story is so interesting. They cannot show the Gods in bad light after showing them good and true all this while. This will be modified so that no one is depicted badly. I would not mind that at all at this stage and lets hope for the best.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top