Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
about Prasuti telling Sati the story of Jalandhar-some people here have attributed the overlapping of the stories in two eras to the "Kalpa Theory"
where in each Kalpa the cycle of stories happen
so basically in each Kalpa history is repeated
like someone here mentioned that one version of Ramayan has a young Sita learning the story of Rama and Raavan,as that was what happened in the previous Kalpa...
never the less this theory is pretty confusing...

about Parvati irking Vishnu to violate Vrindas chastity,i find that part hard to digest,honesty
she is Shakti,the mother of all creations-she is the epitome of Stri Shakti,why will she even mention such a thing...

and actually Vishnu violating Vrinda,is almost on par with Indra doing it with Ahalya
lets see how they present the track...
hopefully its good

BTW-There is ANOTHER version of the Vishnu-Vrinda story,that my mother tells me during Tulsi Pooja...
i dont know how many of youll know this but in Goa-the Vrinda-Vishnu story is celebrated with great pomp,like a wedding-we call in Vodli(Big) Diwaali
and that story actually shows Vishnu in a pretty good light
I dont remember the exact thing but its supposed to be something like Jalandhar is at war,Vrinda is waiting for him,its her wedding that day
since Jalandhar cant come Narayan comes himself disguised as Jalandhar to be with her on that day as her husband,so that she can be a suhaagan
next day she realizes its not Jalandhar and kills herself
and Narayan blesses her that she will be treated as his wife

and trust me we actually do a wedding of the Tulsi plant with Narayan...

maybe the Cvs may show this
ill confrim the story with my mom and share...
there is a big story behind the Tulsi Vivah
Edited by shruti.nil - 11 years ago
they won't show the exact story,they will try to glorify mahadeva and vishnu.😡

jalandhar is so hot,i don't wanna see him killed even if he is bad,my rude boy.😭
real jalandhar should come to india forums to know that he too has many fangirls.😉
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Tulasi vivah is celebrated even in Mumbai. We have big Barat of Vishnuji/ Krishna, a wedding hall is decorated well & Tulasi dressed up as a bride gets married to Vishnuji/ Krishna in the evening muhurt.
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: shruti.nil

since Jalandhar cant come Narayan comes himself disguised as Jalandhar to be with her on that day as her husband,so that she can be a suhaagan
next day she realizes its not Jalandhar and kills herself

So...what happens between the wedding and the next day? Vishnu stays on the couch?
Edited by Kal El - 11 years ago
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
@Kal-lol...i think Vishnu leaves and by that time the news of Jalandhar being dead comes!
its a nice story-sorry i know it in bits and peices,ill ask my mom and confirm😃
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I think they will do it like I said (have Vishnu come as Jalandhar for some ritual that Vrinda is doing; not a wedding but something else) and avoid him marrying her or doing anything else with her. 
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
hey i found another version of the story

There was a demon named Jalandhar in the ancient times. He was a very courageous and a strong demon. He terrified everyone in the world. The reason for his strength was his wife, Vrinda, who was totally devoted towards him. No one was able to kill Jalandhar. Hence, all the devas and saints went to Lord Vishnu to ask for help. Lord Vishnu decided to disrupt Vrinda's devotion after hearing about Jalandhar.

Lord Vishnu left a replica of Jaladhar in Vrinda's house. This replica seemed dead. Vrinda saw this replica and started crying. A saint was passing by and asked her to stop crying. He said that he could make the body alive and there was no need to worry. As he said this, the replica came to life. Vrinda started loving the replica and hence, Jalandhar was killed in a battle with the devas.

When Vrinda came to know about this, she cursed Lord Vishnu. She said that he would have the same fate as her and would live without her wife for a long time. She also said that for this, he would have to take birth on the Earth. Vrinda then jumped into the fire in which her husband's dead body was buring. Lord Vishnu wanted to repent what he did. Lord Vishnu asked Goddess Parvati to plant Tulsi, Amla and Malti in the ashes of Vrinda's dead body. Lord Vishnu considers Tulsi to be an incarnation of Vrinda. With time, Lord Vishnu incarnated as Lord Ram and has to live without his wife for the most part of his life.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I'm not getting - how does creating tulsi as an incarnation of Vrinda and then marrying her respect her or atone for what he did, since she was already married to Jalandhar?  The only thing left to be done was immerse Vrinda's & Jalandhar's ashes in either the Ganga or the ocean.

What Vishnu did - the equivalent would have been Ravan taking the guise of Rama, approaching Sita and then after consummating her, revealing himself, causing Sita to self-destruct and then him marrying the remains of Sita, after maybe planting her blade of grass in the ashes.  Somehow, no matter how it's being presented, it's presenting a far uglier image of Vishnu than I had previously read about anywhere.

Yeah, Jalandhar's behavior in trying to trick Parvati into embracing him was ugly.  Even if one uses that to rationalize what Vishnu did to Vrinda, it should have stopped at the point where Vrinda self-immolated.  Even if Jalandhar is a part of Shiva, that didn't make Vrinda freely available for whoever wanted her. 🤢
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
@Vrish-agree on that part-irrespective of whatever Jalandhar did,i definetly dont think Vrinda deserved it
and dont understand the logic behind him marrying her incarnate Tulsi plant-thats not really justice is it?