Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

_IcePrincess_

Groupbie

_IcePrincess_

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by preity_d

yes it happens with us often and the good thing about it that we can make stories about it afterwards he he
loved your writing Big smile

LOL we writer's are CLEVERWink
Thankzz a lot! I'm so glad u liked it!Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

preity_d

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I Am a Writer... (Page 2)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_IcePrincess_

Groupbie

_IcePrincess_

Posted: 18 March 2013 at 4:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by starsanjana

very nice writing...hope to read more of ur work soon

Thank u soo muchSmile I'm hoping to post a OS soon, will let u know!Smile

ChaiBiskoot

IF-Sizzlerz

ChaiBiskoot

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 1:21am | IP Logged
LOL every writer should read this! 

_IcePrincess_

_IcePrincess_

Groupbie

_IcePrincess_

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Purple_Lady

LOL every writer should read this! 

LOL and get inspiredWink

ChaiBiskoot

uhs313

Goldie

uhs313

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _IcePrincess_

Hello friends,
I'm new here and this story is my debut in the Writer's Corner... It's on a topic most of us here are familiar with, being writers ourselves - Writer's block. Almost everyone here has more or less got the taste of this. Please read, like and do leave your valuable commentsSmile Thank you...
Love,
Archie

I AM A WRITER...

And today I will write something...

I sit at my writing table staring out of the large window in the right, head resting on my left palm propped up at the table. The children of the neighborhood are going to school now; it's a bright, clear morning. A new, fresh beginning. I'm sure I'll write something today.

My wife hovers into the room, the tenth time in half-an-hour. "For God's sake have your breakfast, honey!" She cries, exasperated. I wave her away with one hand. I need to think, to think of a nice storyline. It's been 2 weeks since I wrote something, and it's killing me. But what can I write about? "Think, damn it!" I command myself. "The sandwiches are getting cold!" My wife chimes in again. I look at her, sighing. How can one possibly hope to do some genuine work in this environment? I take up one sandwich and start nibbling on it absent-mindedly. What can I write about? Oh what can I write about?

I can think of a hundred ways to start a story but not a single one to end! Preposterous that it should happen to me ' me, of all people! Who has written 6 hit-stories over the past 2 months! Someone truly said - "It takes just one line to start a story, a whole story to end".. Now, now, who was it who said it? Where did I hear it? I start racking my brain over this. Well, maybe I made it up. Sounds nice! But then, why can't I make up a story? Why can't I think of something to write about? What can I write about?

I draw up my head after 2 hours of laborious typing, only to toss this one into the almost full wastebasket too. It's not worthy of me. A frustrated sigh escapes me. What's wrong with me? Why can't I come up with anything good?

I stare out the window. The children are alighting from their school buses now. Didn't they just leave for school? I whirl around my revolving chair to face the clock in the back wall. Crap! Surely there is something wrong with it! Just the same moment my wife floats into the room again and announces, "Lunch is ready." I drop the pen in disappointed bewilderment. It's 2'O clock already! How come? And the pages before me are still as good as new.

I think while I eat. What can I write about? What can I possibly write about?

I sit back and stare at the window again. This time the children are going out to play in the nearby park. The sunlight has worn out; another day is coming to an end. And I still haven't come up with anything.

What if.. What if I'm not meant to be a writer? My head jerked up at the sudden thought, waves of panic engulfing me in seconds. What if writing is not my thing? No, no, surely it can't be! I have written so many awesome pieces! But what if was all a one-time thing? The few pieces which I have written before have earned me accolades, but what if they were just a coincidence? What if those few pieces were the only ones I was capable of? I harden my grip at the pen. I have given up my job last month to become a full-scale writer. To devote more and more time to the one thing I did best. Or thought I did. What if that was a mistake? I close my eyes and inhale sharply. Surely that can't be? No, that can't be the truth! Something will come to me.  "You've just got to think! Just relax and think." I tell myself. I open my eyes slowly and stare into the darkness outside and then down to the white page. "Yes, this happens with writers! After all, its 6 hits ' in two months! My brain can only work till a certain limit." I exhale and lay back, staring out into the darkness. "I'll not lose hope. Something will come to me. I will surely write about something."

The day has ended. But tomorrow will be a new beginning, a fresh start.

Tomorrow, I will write something..

my feelings exactly while writing anything...Smile

_IcePrincess_

_IcePrincess_

Groupbie

_IcePrincess_

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 6:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by uhs313

Originally posted by _IcePrincess_

Hello friends,
I'm new here and this story is my debut in the Writer's Corner... It's on a topic most of us here are familiar with, being writers ourselves - Writer's block. Almost everyone here has more or less got the taste of this. Please read, like and do leave your valuable commentsSmile Thank you...
Love,
Archie

I AM A WRITER...

And today I will write something...

I sit at my writing table staring out of the large window in the right, head resting on my left palm propped up at the table. The children of the neighborhood are going to school now; it's a bright, clear morning. A new, fresh beginning. I'm sure I'll write something today.

My wife hovers into the room, the tenth time in half-an-hour. "For God's sake have your breakfast, honey!" She cries, exasperated. I wave her away with one hand. I need to think, to think of a nice storyline. It's been 2 weeks since I wrote something, and it's killing me. But what can I write about? "Think, damn it!" I command myself. "The sandwiches are getting cold!" My wife chimes in again. I look at her, sighing. How can one possibly hope to do some genuine work in this environment? I take up one sandwich and start nibbling on it absent-mindedly. What can I write about? Oh what can I write about?

I can think of a hundred ways to start a story but not a single one to end! Preposterous that it should happen to me ' me, of all people! Who has written 6 hit-stories over the past 2 months! Someone truly said - "It takes just one line to start a story, a whole story to end".. Now, now, who was it who said it? Where did I hear it? I start racking my brain over this. Well, maybe I made it up. Sounds nice! But then, why can't I make up a story? Why can't I think of something to write about? What can I write about?

I draw up my head after 2 hours of laborious typing, only to toss this one into the almost full wastebasket too. It's not worthy of me. A frustrated sigh escapes me. What's wrong with me? Why can't I come up with anything good?

I stare out the window. The children are alighting from their school buses now. Didn't they just leave for school? I whirl around my revolving chair to face the clock in the back wall. Crap! Surely there is something wrong with it! Just the same moment my wife floats into the room again and announces, "Lunch is ready." I drop the pen in disappointed bewilderment. It's 2'O clock already! How come? And the pages before me are still as good as new.

I think while I eat. What can I write about? What can I possibly write about?

I sit back and stare at the window again. This time the children are going out to play in the nearby park. The sunlight has worn out; another day is coming to an end. And I still haven't come up with anything.

What if.. What if I'm not meant to be a writer? My head jerked up at the sudden thought, waves of panic engulfing me in seconds. What if writing is not my thing? No, no, surely it can't be! I have written so many awesome pieces! But what if was all a one-time thing? The few pieces which I have written before have earned me accolades, but what if they were just a coincidence? What if those few pieces were the only ones I was capable of? I harden my grip at the pen. I have given up my job last month to become a full-scale writer. To devote more and more time to the one thing I did best. Or thought I did. What if that was a mistake? I close my eyes and inhale sharply. Surely that can't be? No, that can't be the truth! Something will come to me.  "You've just got to think! Just relax and think." I tell myself. I open my eyes slowly and stare into the darkness outside and then down to the white page. "Yes, this happens with writers! After all, its 6 hits ' in two months! My brain can only work till a certain limit." I exhale and lay back, staring out into the darkness. "I'll not lose hope. Something will come to me. I will surely write about something."

The day has ended. But tomorrow will be a new beginning, a fresh start.

Tomorrow, I will write something..

my feelings exactly while writing anything...Smile

Thank uSmile
I'm glad I could portray the correct feelings...

WritingAbodeJaz

WritingAbodeJaz

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Happens a lot with me! I am so glad to see some one posting about Writers block! And as you said, Tomorrow will be a new day, a fresh start! We should never loose hope! 

_IcePrincess_

Tohru

IF-Rockerz

Tohru

Posted: 15 April 2013 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
the story of every writer LOL every writer can relate with this
 i love it Heart   good job StarClap

_IcePrincess_

Post Reply New Post

Go to top