Debate Mansion

What makes LOVE unconditional? (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 15

boreddamsel

IF-Rockerz

boreddamsel

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Ok, this discussion has been really interesting.

Here are some thoughts. 
I agree, you fall in love based on whether someone meets your conditions or not and then you hope that in the course of time, he still continues to meet those conditions. What we don't expect is for conditions to evolve, sometimes our conditions change since our priorities and circumstances change and yet people don't change? For love to withstand those changes in conditions, you have to work with your spouse .. it's a 50/50 partnership and the couple needs to understand that. Now if they do and if love survives all odds, then that my friends is what I think is unconditional love.

I simply love these lines from the song Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. 

If I lay here, if I just lay here,
Would you lay with me and just forget the world? 

Edited by boreddamsel - 16 March 2013 at 9:09pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BirdieNumNumfarheen75epiphany.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What makes LOVE unconditional? (Page 9)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

The_Other_Woman

IF-Sizzlerz

The_Other_Woman

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by boreddamsel

Originally posted by -IHATEYOU-

Unconditional Love exists only in few romantic novels and movies.
In reality there is nothing called unconditional love.
It is all about sex,money,fame and beauty.

Are you admitting that when you fall in love, you will fall for sex, money, fame or beauty? 
You shouldn't expect to get unconditional love if you can't give it! 

I have never fallen in love so I don't have any idea what makes you fall for a person.
I always wanted to believe that love is the purest feeling and an unconditional feeling.
But as I grew older I started to notice that no love except a mother's love is unconditional.
Every man wants a beautiful woman.Will a rich,handsome and famous man ever fall for an ugly and poor woman.
Yes there are some people who loves unconditionally.But the number of such people is very less.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455boreddamsel

boreddamsel

IF-Rockerz

boreddamsel

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -IHATEYOU-

I have never fallen in love so I don't have any idea what makes you fall for a person.
I always wanted to believe that love is the purest feeling and an unconditional feeling.
But as I grew older I started to notice that no love except a mother's love is unconditional.
Every man wants a beautiful woman.Will a rich,handsome and famous man ever fall for an ugly and poor woman.
Yes there are some people who loves unconditionally.But the number of such people is very less.

Even a mother's love can be conditional, as someone pointed out. You do love your child against any odds, but you have some expectations from the child! From the discussion we had, I doubt now if any one loves unconditionally. We all have expectations about love. But you are right there are very people who love against all odds. I don't think they are few, it's just we aren't looking for them at the right place! 

If you say every man wants a beautiful woman .. I will ask you doesn't every woman want a good-looking man? Will a rich, gorgeous and famous woman ever fall for an ugly and poor man? Personally I think one has to be a fool to fall for looks and money.. 'coz that doesn't last forever! 

And I think you should give love a chance Smile It's not that bad .. and that comes from a person who should have given up hope already Ermm

Edited by boreddamsel - 16 March 2013 at 10:14pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455

farheen75

IF-Rockerz

farheen75

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 2:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by moomin4455

Originally posted by farheen75

Yup.. true. But I still like to believe there is something called unconditional love. It has to be there, else how and why do people live together for the rest of their lives. Are you telling me they don't love each other? I refuse to believe that!

Arti why didn't u accept Khushi's love then? It was unconditional as she didn't hold any grudge against Arnav for the ill treatment he meted out to her... Sweety people who live all their together with each other do it bcz they both fulfill all the pre requisites which r required to live a happy and content life... If u r in a relationship don't u want your better half to be faithful to u otherwise u will leave him so u r putting a condition for him to fulfill in order to be in that relationship with u... Yaar love without conditions is a very dangerous scenario... But the conditions have to be genuine and realistic.

Farheen, my gut feeling is that people live together for the rest of their lives because they are compatible, comfortable and have shown each other that they will not break the conditions on which their love is based...

Exactly bims, marriage few years down the line becomes peaceful existence of two people in each others life... They have their differences and they work on them continuously and work on a common goal together, be it building of their own house, raising their kids and providing them with the best they can and having a satisfying personal relationship with each other at the same time... Their love pretty much becomes multi dimensional and that's the beauty of this relationship I guess.

boreddamsel

farheen75

IF-Rockerz

farheen75

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 2:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by boreddamsel

Ok, this discussion has been really interesting.

Here are some thoughts.
I agree, you fall in love based on whether someone meets your conditions or not and then you hope that in the course of time, he still continues to meet those conditions. What we don't expect is for conditions to evolve, sometimes our conditions change since our priorities and circumstances change and yet people don't change? For love to withstand those changes in conditions, you have to work with your spouse .. it's a 50/50 partnership and the couple needs to understand that. Now if they do and if love survives all odds, then that my friends is what I think is unconditional love.

I simply love these lines from the song Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.

If I lay here, if I just lay here,
Would you lay with me and just forget the world?

Arti in every relationship conditions evolve as life evolves and the person in the said relationship evolves as well... Priorities change as the person grow older and take on different roles in life, some old conditions can be replaced with new ones but as long as they remain realistic its a smooth sailing.

farheen75

IF-Rockerz

farheen75

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 3:00am | IP Logged
Even a mother's love can be conditional, as someone pointed out. You do love your child against any odds, but you have some expectations from the child! From the discussion we had, I doubt now if any one loves unconditionally. We all have expectations about love. But you are right there are very people who love against all odds. I don't think they are few, it's just we aren't looking for them at the right place!

Arti I believe a mother loves unconditionally... No matter how a child turns out to be she just loves her child... I have seen mothers who have been treated so horrendously by their own kids but still they blame their luck for going through these hardships but never ever putting the blame on their kid, they will make all sorts of crazy excuses for their behaviour but would never put them down in other people eyes... A mother and child relationship is the most beautiful relationship in the world and a mother's love is truly a blessing for every human being.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

boreddamselThe_Other_Woman

peridot.

peridot.

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 3:06am | IP Logged

Arti in every relationship conditions evolve as life evolves and the person in the said relationship evolves as well... Priorities change as the person grow older and take on different roles in life, some old conditions can be replaced with new ones but as long as they remain realistic its a smooth sailing.
Correct. The question is in this jet set age how many have the patience and the time to let a relationship evolve? The trend is to treat everything as disposable items.

farheen75

farheen75

IF-Rockerz

farheen75

Posted: 17 March 2013 at 3:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _twilight_

Correct. The question is in this jet set age how many have the patience and the time to let a relationship evolve? The trend is to treat everything as disposable items.

True but even in this age and life style people do cling to one such relationship and person if they come across them... It only goes haywire if one party is not on the same page as the other, evolvement only occurs when the couple is serious abt the relationship otherwise it would be best for both of them to call it quits... Time and age have got nothing to do with relationships, its the same old issues of commitment and feelings towards each other, the only difference time and age has made is that people now don't want to be stuck in a relationship which turns them into bitter and resentful persons otherwise couples generally tend to work on differences and try to compromise as much as they can to make a happy and peaceful life.

peridot.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top