Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

_Bidzie_

IF-Stunnerz

_Bidzie_

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Wonderful post, and I so agree. I love him for his imperfectness! He makes me happy with his smile, cry with his pain, and even mad at him for any of his stupidity! No matter what, I keep loving him! He has made me incapable of loving any other male protagonist on Telly, because after watching him, I end up criticizing everyone else! He's so sigh worthy and lovable! Heart

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

vm_2009blmadhurisakhisangniasmi279devilsadvocateLeesan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mr Imperfectly Perfect. (Page 2)" in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

vice.versa

vice.versa

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
What I liked most, and still like most, about Mohan is that he has the heart of a child: when he sees something in front of him, either black or white, he accepts it for what it is and deals with it as what it is. If it is black, he fights it, in every way he can (Deenanath, Renu Vyas, Tannu, the Boss, Addu).  If it is white, he embraces it (Guru, Chavanni, the Boss' wife). And sometimes, he takes it for his own (Megha).  And of course, it doesn't matter what the other person thinks.  LOL Mohan will be straightforward in dealing with it. 

(Which, BTW, is why I happen to think that the whole drinking thing is such a sham, and the one place that the script-writer got it completely wrong.  Mohan doesn't need the excuse of drink to go crazy.  It would happen in his head, and show in his actions.  Like a child, he would go crazy with grief from being rejected (by Megha) and go out and do stupid things.)

The season 1 thing that showed this the best was actually all his interactions with his mom.  She was the black-white in his life, with her infinite love for him and her old conservative attitude.  He dealt with both head-on, no shirking and faking it.  

The season 2 thing that showed this the best was that horribly stark confession to Navi that until he met her, he had no friends.  He kept everything in his heart.  Then she came along.  A child.  The one person in the whole wide world that Mohan Bhatnagar could treat as an equal.  He never did that with anyone else.  He asked for her advice and when she needed it, she gave it to him.  They always talked as equals.  I had HeartHeartHeart-ed that about Mohan in S1.  But to hear him say it out aloud in S2 made me go dewey-eyed.  Mohan explaining to his friend why he needed her so much just now. Day Dreaming

Mohan Bhatnagar is like no other character that has ever been created in a story that I have seen. (Just as Navi / Nanhi is like no other character that I have ever seen.  It is the pair that is uber special. MHO.)

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

vm_2009blmadhurisakhisangniasmi279devilsadvocateLeesan-Fari-adoremevirgo

vice.versa

vice.versa

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Leesan

He fails, he falls short, he's flawed...but he still manages to pick himself up, dust himself off and try to fix the problem as he sees it!  He is what he is, no pretense, just Mohan. Impetuous, even reckless at times,but irrepressible!  Imperfectly perfect! That's our guy! Wink  Loyal, and faithful,loving and caring all wrapped up into the emotional bundle that is Mohan Bhatnagar!  

That's the word -- irrepressible! 

After seeing the season so far, and thinking about the whole show, S1 and S2 together, I finally figured out something that explained to me why I felt so sorry for Megha in S1, but I don't feel the same way in S2 (and BTW, makes me feel scared in my heart for what lies ahead for the two and for Navi):  

Mohan and Megha today are like the Unstoppable Force and the Immovable Object.  

In S1, Mohan was the Action and Megha could just helplessly React. She didn't want to think about a new life, or a new guy. She was happy to keep drowning quietly in her life as mother and senselessly dutiful daughter-in-law. If there was fight, it was to clear Amar's name.  That was the spark that Mohan used to get into her life, and she allowed him.  But from that point on, it was all about what Mohan started, and she responded to.  Even in the case of the ex-girlfriend: by then, Mohan owned her -- he had saved her respectability.  She could not stand by and not respond to his need.  And then came his love, and she could not stand by and not respond.  Which is why I always used to think: Poor Megha.

But now, in S2, there is this immovable wall of her offended motherhood and her repressed guilt. And that is the force that has become too big an object for even Mohan's irrepressible force to fight against. I really can't see a happy ending to this story if that Potatohead with the dhoti tied with a diaper pin turns out to be Addu.  Or even if Addu is dead.  Maybe ... if Addu has actually been transported somewhere far away in a happier life than she could ever afford, MAYBE, there is a chance that Megha might consider being with Mohan again.  She loves him immeasurably, I don't doubt that.  But right now, her offended motherhood rules. 

But the odd thing is, I have never once (and suspect never will) felt sorry for Mohan.  Unlike a million posts that this forum contains.  Mohan is not someone that I can even come remotely close to pitying.  He is the Force.  He doesn't require it.  He will endure.  Even if he ends up standing in one spot for all eternity.  He will endure.  LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

blmadhuriswavai2asmi279devilsadvocateLeesan-Fari-adoremevirgo

devilsadvocate

IF-Dazzler

devilsadvocate

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
By Vice:  Mohan and Megha today are like the Unstoppable Force and the Immovable Object. 

By Meera: Vice awesome, awesome character analysis of Mohan...but the above sentence took the cake...I LOVED it Heart this is a very apt analogy of Mohan Megha equation at this moment.

About Mohan enduring it all...Absolutely agree...I can never feel sorry for him, because after everything is said and done, Mohan will endure. He will cry, he will hurt that wont keep him down...The sheer force of his Will will carry him Heart

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

blmadhuriswavai2Leesan-Fari-NeelimaSJ_Bidzie_

Leesan

IF-Rockerz

Leesan

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
@ vice. Versa...I'm floored and awed both at the same time! Clap  Wow! I'm truly almost at a loss for words! Wink   Your  personal insight into the character that is Mohan Bhatnagar  feels so real to me. No frills,no fluff ,...just the real deal ,straight up and to the point!  I especially love your explanation of your lack of sorrow towards Mohan's situation in life: 

Originally by vice. versa :"But the odd thing is, I have never once (and suspect never will) felt sorry for Mohan.  Unlike a million posts that this forum contains.  Mohan is not someone that I can even come remotely close to pitying.  He is the Force.  He doesn't require it.  He will endure.  Even if he ends up standing in one spot for all eternity.  He will endure.  LOL"

Some may not support your stance here, but I see where you're coming from.Wink  It's not that you're particularly stoic or hard hearted here! Or even pragmatic ,which I tend to be! Wink  It's just that you recognize the immense  power within the character of Mohan. That endearing and enduring capacity to fall and fail, yet rise again and again !! What a guy?! Thumbs Up

Irrepressible indeed!  Clap

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

vm_2009blmadhurisakhisangniasmi279devilsadvocate-Fari-NeelimaSJSunna_Deewani_Bidzie_

_Bidzie_

IF-Stunnerz

_Bidzie_

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Great analysis on Mohan Bhatnagar! Me Hearting reading it! Embarrassed

Edited by -MohanKiMeera- - 16 March 2013 at 1:28pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Leesan

nb.neha

IF-Dazzler

nb.neha

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
very well said... there is so much of perfection in this imperfection too

sakhisangni

IF-Dazzler

sakhisangni

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Very very nice post on Mohan. Everyone here have said everything about Mohan so there is nothing to add, agree with all the views presented here.
Mohan Bhatnagar is one character that I am hopelessly in love with and it is largely because he is so human. He is flawed, he has shortcomings and yes he is imperfect but that is what makes him so endearing to me. He is no inspiration but world would be so much better place if we have more people like him. The best thing about him that in most adverse of situations with all heart aches and pains he has this immense capacity to bounce back and take on life head on. This never say die attitude of his is the strongest part of his character. On top of all this he has zero ego with people he loves. He has absolutely no problem in admitting to his mistakes and then trying to ammend them. With all this he has a heart of gold and I just love him for that.

I can go on on about Mohan Bhatnagar but there is no point. He is the most flawed yet most adorable and human character in Indian television in recent times.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vm_2009devilsadvocatenb.nehaLeesan

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.