Sofia should go back to England - kushal - rival

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Kushal Punjabi thoroughly enjoyed shooting for his cluster in Welcome - Baazi Mehmaan Nawaazi Ki that is being telecast on Life OK this week.

"It was a wonderful experience; had good fun moments. Till now, this is my eighth reality show. It has always been fun working for shows like Zor Ka Jhatka and Fear Factor (sports), Ek Se Badhkar Ek (dancing) or standup comedy. For the first time, I am trying my hands at cooking, something which I am not very good at," says Kushal.

He also accepts that this Miditech Production is not all about food but about other things as well. "It is a 50/50 mix. The entire focus is on the great Indian hospitality." As for the fights, he questions, "have we not seen dinner table conversations degenerate into fights and debates?" he adds.

On the allegations that most of the tiffs were scripted, Kushal maintains," I don't know about others but as far as my cluster is concerned, it's a strict 'No'. Since I knew three of the four guests (Shilpa Saklani, Delnaaz Irani and Rahul Mahajan), I was dead assured that I can safely have certain debates with them. Since I did not know Sofia Maria Hayat, I did a background check on her and found out that she was from England and wanted to become an actress here in the country. Agreed certain conversations did go into a different zones, but the creatives never told us to what to say yes to. One thing they did was to suggest certain common topics of conversations such as the future of Indian television and our respective journeys in our careers."

Remind him about the catfight between Sofia and Delnaaz and he observes, "It got personal. Sometimes two people just don't get along. Sofia is a very aggressive girl, she picked up a fight and even splashed water on Dellu (Delnaaz), that was not called for. As all this happened in my pad, I tried to pacify things which I did and after that they all danced together."

He also justifies his argument with Sofia where he asked her to go back to Old Blighty." I did not explode when she did not know who our Prime Minister was. I got annoyed at her entire blas attitude about India. All she could see was dirt. My point was that if you don't bother about us, then it better to get out and go back home and earn in pounds. No one is putting a gun on anyone's head. We Indians are taught to respect our guests but you can't go on insulting our country; that is just not acceptable," Kushal blasts.

This cluster was much better than the previous cluster that had lots of fights and arguments. We had lots of fun," ends Kushal who's upcoming film Rock The Shaadi is delayed.

I'm kinda sick at this point of foreigners who only come to india to exploit all the opportunities of a growing developing economy but then turn around and talk shit about the people, culture and the favorite topic poverty at the earliest opportunity.  Most of them don't want to do anything with india except to leech and suck money.

Things are rough at home in uk and usa and they couldn't make it over there, so they come to india and then talk trash. You can talk as much trash as you want when you make the country your home and actually do something for the very issues that seem to bother you so much.  Instead you are just siphoning off the money to your bank accounts in UK and you clearly say "IM CONCERNED AT ALL" in your spat with kushal.

Good on Kushal for calling her out.
Edited by silverbug - 11 years ago
One thing I can assure is that this kind of shit only flies in India.

US has tons of problems but they don't let foreigners talk shit in their country. Most importantly gun violence. You had some foreigners like Pierce Morgan in the media talking about it and lambasting the US constitution, he got a pretty good dose from other media channels. And there was a major petition started by Americans to deport Pierce morgan.

Edited by silverbug - 11 years ago