Fan Fictions

General Complaints/Inquires/Requests Thread (Page 90)

Post Reply New Post

Page 90 of 147

xbeyondwordsx

IF-Dazzler

xbeyondwordsx

Well-Bred CC Captain , FF Graphicer

Posted: 29 July 2013 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AraBearxx

Hey Jyoth, I'm back to IF idk why tho. I just popped up and then started reading FF'S up here, and there were good ones, I admit but the errors. Oh my my.. so coming to the point past that hypothesis.. here's what I wanna request. Can we have a grammar crash course or so. And maybe put that beta reader plans I mentioned into into action. It totally depends on your decision though. I just couldn't get past the first paragraph, forget chapters.. this place needs proper crash courses and workshops and then we won't be establishing any rules or so, we'll just be helping them in their personal life too, free of cost. Cause no one wants someone with atrocious grammar and language skills, it forms the first impression uk. And first impressions last forever.
I absolutely second this :D 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "General Complaints/Inquires/Requests Thread (Page 90)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

serendipity.

IF-Stunnerz

serendipity.

Posted: 29 July 2013 at 3:23pm | IP Logged

Hey Jyoth, I'm back to IF idk why tho. I just popped up and then started reading FF'S up here, and there were good ones, I admit but the errors. Oh my my.. so coming to the point past that hypothesis.. here's what I wanna request. Can we have a grammar crash course or so. And maybe put that beta reader plans I mentioned into into action. It totally depends on your decision though. I just couldn't get past the first paragraph, forget chapters.. this place needs proper crash courses and workshops and then we won't be establishing any rules or so, we'll just be helping them in their personal life too, free of cost. Cause no one wants someone with atrocious grammar and language skills, it forms the first impression uk. And first impressions last forever.
THIS. This has been on my mind for so so long. Its genuinely a Wish! Some people in here (read many) need to really really improve their grammar and vocab. Its really not decent to see people who 'Write' use such atrocious grammar. Makes me sad. And doesnt give a very good impression of IF too! I dont really know/think if something could be done about this... But i dont know... Maybe this could be worked on?

Nooro

Goldie

Nooro

Posted: 30 July 2013 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Actually few months ago (i guess) there was a sticky topic in FF forum,,written by Shweta aka -ForeverYours- for this purpose... She gave a brief view on how to write an OS...quoting examples as to how to describe a particular situation,,which phrases should be used n which not...if u want to help writers here,,maybe u can write a similar topic...

lazyleaves

IF-Stunnerz

lazyleaves

Posted: 30 July 2013 at 12:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nooro

Actually few months ago (i guess) there was a sticky topic in FF forum,,written by Shweta aka -ForeverYours- for this purpose... She gave a brief view on how to write an OS...quoting examples as to how to describe a particular situation,,which phrases should be used n which not...if u want to help writers here,,maybe u can write a similar topic...

It is here, listen under the FF important topics :)

*^Fan Fictions Archive Mansion!^*

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity.

AraBearxx

IF-Sizzlerz

AraBearxx

Posted: 30 July 2013 at 2:13am | IP Logged

Actually few months ago (i guess) there was a sticky topic in FF forum,,written by Shweta aka -ForeverYours- for this purpose...She gave a brief view on how to write an OS...quoting examples as to how to describe a particular situation,,which phrases should be used n which not...if u want to help writers here,,maybe u can write a similar topic...

Originally posted by lazyleaves

Actually few months ago (i guess) there was a sticky topic in FF forum,,written by Shweta aka -ForeverYours- for this purpose...
She gave a brief view on how to write an OS...quoting examples as to how to describe a particular situation,,which phrases should be used n which not...if u want to help writers here,,maybe u can write a similar topic...

It is here, listen under the FF important topics :)

*^Fan Fictions Archive Mansion!^*

Originally posted by serendipity.

THIS. This has been on my mind for so so long. Its genuinely a Wish! Some people in here (read many)need to really really improve their grammar and vocab. Its really not decent to see people who 'Write' use such atrocious grammar. Makes me sad. And doesnt give a very good impression of IF too! I dont really know/think if something could be done about this... But i dont know... Maybe this could be worked on?

daaarrrlings, yep I like that piece out there (@nooro) but then, I really want something like touch.wattpad.com/20631672-tips-for-making-1d-fanfics-and-grammar-part-twenty#.Ufdw-kOLKQI something similar.

Lazyleaves: pssshttt, I have papers ( mock exams ) like tomorrow (?) and being me I HAD to like, read ArHI FFs and I think I came across your FFs, and I think that you're the author who has pulled them off, like theres one called "A wife for free" or something. LL, can I please get to read em? Like pwettie pwettie please cherry on the top please? :3

Back to the topic: Yep, I've been reading FFs for like the past week or so and trust me when I say atrocious, I do mean it. At some point of time I really feared my that eyes would bleed with the amount of basic errors out there, SERIOUSLY! I did post a link above and I do wanna be a part of this, so maybe we can gather two or three authors or maybe a bunch of them and just start this FF thread where we have weekly updated or so and maybe we emphasize on a certain point every time we do update.

Secondly, if you're considering authors through their works, don't even bother to check mine. They're pathethic. I wrote all that stuff like, 2 years ago and never bothered to edit it or make a change. I did repost an FF of two with "proper" grammar usage, (my version of proper, LOL) and well, *shudder* I can be a perfect case. And then, watching K-Dramas and Asian dramas, and having pathethic lectures and besties who can't speak minus the cussing and so.. yep, life's hard. Very, very hard when it comes to maintaining the little grammar skills I have. Annd I'm rambling, sowie. :p

And remember, bad writing is contiguous, let's work to get rid of it. Not that we have "bad authors here" and we do write for the heck of it. But if we're imitating actual authors out there, heck let's make it a good imitation.

Edited by AraBearxx - 30 July 2013 at 2:13am

serendipity.

serendipity.

IF-Stunnerz

serendipity.

Posted: 30 July 2013 at 11:58am | IP Logged
IF usually uses the manual way out... I was just thinking... Just for starters, we could have a bunch of people... A handful of members who're ready to volunteer n help, and the authors who're not too sure about their english, grammar moreso, can get their work checked/editted by the volunteering members.
Atleast we'll have ENGLISH FFs in PROPER ENGLISH.

xbeyondwordsx

AraBearxx

IF-Sizzlerz

AraBearxx

Posted: 30 July 2013 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by serendipity.

IF usually uses the manual way out... I was just thinking... Just for starters, we could have a bunch of people... A handful of members who're ready to volunteer n help, and the authors who're not too sure about their english, grammar moreso, can get their work checked/editted by the volunteering members.
Atleast we'll have ENGLISH FFs in PROPER ENGLISH.

That's "beta-ing", sweetheart, I think it is. And there are authors who just go and write in text lingo, pretty popular ones too. Maybe the spellings or just the style and the downside is that, a) we won't enough volunteers b) some might take offense. Like if they do volunteer to get their work edited, and then we go and strike a whole bunch sentences or reformat they're material. c) it's time consuming.

But we could have a beta panel like we have the admin panel that edits and goes through the work. Those are just my thoughts. LOL LOL

Preet.Kc

IF-Sizzlerz

Preet.Kc

Posted: 02 August 2013 at 3:47am | IP Logged

I need to delete two posts from a banner/siggie shop! 
Can someone do it please?? 
I already PMed one of the DTs of that section but till now no reply. 
It's urgent 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Koeli_Appy-lazyleaves

Post Reply New Post

Go to top