Fan Fictions

General Complaints/Inquires/Requests Thread (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 147

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Meh.. Good question. XD I did some google searching and I'm going to say that if the parody is extremely similar and much of it it is the same as the original [except written in a mocking wat of course] then, it would be considered plagiarism. But if it's the same with a few changes TO AN EXTENT, I think we can allow it because.. It is a parody after all XD It would be expected that the author warn the members beforehand though that it's a parody me the original work is... Whatever it is..

That's what I think.. But you know, if you guys have some changes to make to that.. Let me know.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lazyleaves

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "General Complaints/Inquires/Requests Thread (Page 13)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lazyleaves

IF-Stunnerz

lazyleaves

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-Jot.

Meh.. Good question. XD I did some google searching and I'm going to say that if the parody is extremely similar and much of it it is the same as the original [except written in a mocking wat of course] then, it would be considered plagiarism. But if it's the same with a few changes TO AN EXTENT, I think we can allow it because.. It is a parody after all XD It would be expected that the author warn the members beforehand though that it's a parody me the original work is... Whatever it is..

That's what I think.. But you know, if you guys have some changes to make to that.. Let me know.

Have you seen the spoof of the Twilight movie? Is that plagiarism too?

What if I write an ArHi fanfic as a spoof of Twilight?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.Krani

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lazyleaves

Originally posted by Angel-Jot.

Hahahahaha! Yes! Write it :') LOL

vfordonkeylazyleaves

lazyleaves

IF-Stunnerz

lazyleaves

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 8:01am | IP Logged
^My hands are itching to do so :-D

But DT ka approval chahiye :-P

Krani

18shabbo

IF-Sizzlerz

18shabbo

Assiduous CC Captain, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lazyleaves

well the Twilight movie spoof wouldn't be plagiarism because the American court puts parody under "fair use' in the copyright law.
Fair use means that a copyrighted work can be used by others , even for commercial purpose , if it is not presented in the same light.
Like Twilight was a love story and had a lot of emotions afloat , the parody was more on the goth of the vampires and a humor.

so basically parody and satire(which is not not considered as only humor) come under fair use , Parody is considered as a  ridiculing commentary on the original work,

and in Wiki language " when the parody was itself the product rather than used for mere advertising, commercial sale did not bar the defense."

Also the writeup deals with your idea of the story and  expressions without the use of the original  work.
Storyline basically can lead to the same situations , surroundings and settings but the context in which they are used has to be your work.

You'll be as it is changing the characters , if Arhi are gonna be centrals , then all you need is to make it reversal of an evil dead going American beauty.

Rest what ever the DT deems correct and just.:)

Angel-Jot.lazyleaves

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
^Yeah so.. basically, in normal language... as long it's different.. to an extent.. you're good to go. ROFL Thanks Nabila. Approve

Z, go for it. I was actually searching for Vampires Suck when I google searched and i also found that those guys didn't need permission.. but i was on my phone so i got lazy and didn't bother looking into it much. ROFL

18shabbolazyleaves

crazy2012

IF-Rockerz

crazy2012

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Hi Guys..my queries:

1) I am active in PR forum and seen that FF are not moved autometically here after completing of 15 pages, what's wrong wth it?Confused

2) I have listed my FF to enter in Index link, but it is not yet included in the Index List by Jot. Is that Jot is busy wth another work, and will do it later or I am not eligible yet as I have not crossed 15 pages for that FF and it continues in BFF forum?

I hope I am clear wth my ques and many thanks

vfordonkey

IF-Rockerz

vfordonkey

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 12:07am | IP Logged
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3389861

^ can you close this thread of mine, please? Thanks. =)

@Crazy2012 - see, I don't know much about shifts and everything and which DT does it. What I do know is that Jot is only human, and being an ACTIVE mod for a forum as big as the FF forum is no small thing. Give her a little time, don't you think?

AraBearxx

Post Reply New Post

Go to top