Fan Fictions

General Complaints/Inquires/Requests Thread - Page 69

Preet.Kc thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

^^ oh the process it's very simple: 

you just need to go on your profile, click on edit and replace the previous email address with the new one, and then click on submit, you will get a message  in red stating that your email address it's not been validated yet, then you just need to click on the option "here" and IF will send a message on your new email address, just go to your email account, open the message from IF and click on the link given and your new email ID will be activated. 

Hope this will help you. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nsipkknd thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: HK90

^^ oh the process it's very simple: 

you just need to go on your profile, click on edit and replace the previous email address with the new one, and then click on submit, you will get a message  in red stating that your email address it's not been validated yet, then you just need to click on the option "here" and IF will send a message on your new email address, just go to your email account, open the message from IF and click on the link given and your new email ID will be activated. 

Hope this will help you. 

Thank you for the prompt reply and help. I was able to change it...cheers...
searchoffriends thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: piyushi

Hi, I have reported one of the works of Searchoffriends as a copy of Jannat4ever work Talaash under DMG forum. However, I came to know that the original FF was by searchoffriends only and was continued by Jannat4ever with her permission. Kindly ignore my report of plagarism for the ARHi FF 'Search'.

Thanks for clarification but of no use

My ff is already been trashed without any prior notice

Being an old reader cum writter here on this forum and a sincere follower of all the rules I really knew all of them and I didn't break any

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1334708

My original work can check a very much old dates updated then jannat I just left cause I got married suddenly and had no other option but to take a break that's why

And now when someone continued it I don't mind her writing but still I felt it progress and ending in the way I see and thought while writing this concept I have written 13 parts and till the n only it will be same after that as well its going to be my original work

And most importantly just to be different I changed all yhe characters names as well

I have completely new reader's for this now so no clashes s well

So really I wish my thread to open soon plus that warning level send to me say I have 20% warning hopefully that will be back to zero again trust me I m here just for fun and writing nothing else never in my life I wish to copy anyone's work I m not a cheater
Sorry if i sounded littel rudeEdited by searchoffriends - 10 years ago
_Manpreet_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: searchoffriends

Thanks for clarification but of no use

My ff is already been trashed without any prior notice

Being an old reader cum writter here on this forum and a sincere follower of all the rules I really knew all of them and I didn't break any

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1334708

My original work can check a very much old dates updated then jannat I just left cause I got married suddenly and had no other option but to take a break that's why

And now when someone continued it I don't mind her writing but still I felt it progress and ending in the way I see and thought while writing this concept I have written 13 parts and till the n only it will be same after that as well its going to be my original work

And most importantly just to be different I changed all yhe characters names as well

I have completely new reader's for this now so no clashes s well

So really I wish my thread to open soon plus that warning level send to me say I have 20% warning hopefully that will be back to zero again trust me I m here just for fun and writing nothing else never in my life I wish to copy anyone's work I m not a cheater

Hi Piyushi and Searchoffriends,

There has been a lot of confusion with regards to the report against Searchoffriend's Fanfiction, ARHi FF 'Search', which was claimed to be a copy of Jannat4ever work Talaash.  However, it has come now come to our attention (through Piyushi and Searchoffriends) that the original content was indeed posted by Searchoffriends before she took a break, which was later continued by Jaanat4ever.  This is a terrible mistake on our part, and it was unfortunate that her original thread from February 2010 didn't come to our attention till now. 

As such, on behalf of all the FF DT, we wish to openly express our apologies to Searchoffriends for all the inconveniences caused, as she is innocent and has simply posted her own work!  We will ensure that nothing of this sort occurs in the future. 

Once again our hearty apologies.

Best Regards,

FF DT

Edited by MP_Radha - 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: MP_Radha

</div>

<div>

Hi Piyushi and Searchoffriends,

There has been a lot of confusion with regards to the report against Searchoffriend's Fanfiction, ARHi FF 'Search', which was claimed to be a copy of Jannat4ever work Talaash. However, it has come now come to our attention (through Piyushi and Searchoffriends) that the original content was indeed posted by Searchoffriends before she took a break, which was later continued by Jaanat4ever. This is a terrible mistake on our part, and it was unfortunate that her original thread from February 2010 didn't come to our attention till now.

As such, on behalf of all the FF DT,we wish to openly express our apologies to Searchoffriends for all the inconveniences caused, as she is innocent and has simply posted her own work! We will ensure that nothing of this sort occurs in the future.

Once again our hearty apologies.

Best Regards,

CC DT

Thanks a lot and seriously no need of apologise I can very well understand that this can happen

Thanks a lot and I tell u all are doing a great job to all the writters for once I felt hats off to u all u all sre great help

Thanks for listening
AnotherAdmirer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
My query and Request got lost in the midst of mayhem last time ! :P šŸ˜³

I have been writing a mini series, the plot and characters are original i.e. my own. However, I named the characters after actors so that readers can easily relate and imagine the various scenarios.

I wanted to confirm with the DT whether my work falls under the original category?
 It's not a crossover as it nowhere resembles any TV show or characters. I have posted it in the FanFictions Forum, and now i think it doesn't belong here.

I wanted to get it moved to the Writer's Corner. Help Please ? :)

AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Jyoth, I'm back to IF idk why tho. I just popped up and then started reading FF'S up here, and there were good ones, I admit but the errors. Oh my my.. so coming to the point past that hypothesis.. here's what I wanna request. Can we have a grammar crash course or so. And maybe put that beta reader plans I mentioned into into action. It totally depends on your decision though. I just couldn't get past the first paragraph, forget chapters.. this place needs proper crash courses and workshops and then we won't be establishing any rules or so, we'll just be helping them in their personal life too, free of cost. Cause no one wants someone with atrocious grammar and language skills, it forms the first impression uk. And first impressions last forever.
AraBearxo thumbnail
My reply to that plagiarism thread, and since this thread some what deals with plagiarism I thought that maybe I should post it here, stupidity - that coupld be one of the reasons, but here goes nothing.

I think I have been a part IF since PKYEK aired, that for one is a long lost memory but in all these years, despite my hatred towards IF I think I'm fair enough to say IF is not really safe. Somewhere during March this year I did jot down fullscaps filled with notes, my aim this summer was, to maybe inprove IF a bit - get into the DT, figure something out - cause for once this place has kept me sane, no matter how insane it seemed to be. But then somewhere down the line I did realise that I didn't really care anymore, I do remember discussing this issue in the general discussion thread, and a few of those solutions you pointed out too, if not all.

Plagiarism is something we do everyday, believe it or not we do it. I never did realise that untill my best friend pointed at that fact a week ago or so. Rambling about plagiarism, I never did realise how unaware I was of it. Those paragraphs snipped off Wikipedia, for out assignments, those encyclopedias', those websites and what not. We did copy them down, paragraph to paragraph, if not word to word, and then claim that they were ours, I did.

Plagiarism to me, in non legal and simple words is talking something pulling something off or just copying something and then claiming that it's yours, I may not be dictionary right or whatever but hey it did mean the same thing.

Now coming to IF's view and what not. Tbh, they don't really care. As far as they get their views and cash comes rolling in, yep that's it. Those new rules implemented every second day, do make this place a hell hole. Seriously, if people wanted to be ordered around, politely tagged as "to maintain a certain decorum", they wouldn't be here.

When IF goes around suggesting to make posts memebers only it never does benifit anyone except them, I mean seriously, we are free users, 10 seconds does it take to make an account and view the content, all they get is like new users and there to the cash. If IF was a paid and secure site maybe I would understand the whole "members only rule" but it's not. And as far as the no copy rule goes, seriously.. it won't really work. It never will. The maximum it will ever work is till you have your net connected. The minute you disconnect it , so will you " disconnect your security"( in other words it only works till that person who so ever has a working connection, stuff can be copied when offline).

If popular literary sites like Wattpad can't provide you with protection against this evil, what's IF? seriously, that answers your question.

And as I said before I have discussed this with the FF forum DT, Krani, and someother girls out there and I have forgotten what I said. I can provide you the links if my memory proves me right.

And in the end all I can say is putting your work up is a risk, it will always be. No matter what or where. Somewhere out there someone could be claiming your work as theirs, if not online then maybe offline. And we can almost do nothing against it, we can't.

Writing here, atleast to me is for fun, a way to vent my stress and emotions out and IF has never been that great of a front if you take writing seriously.

My advice to writers who do want to take writing seriously, no offense but do consider sites like Wattpad or Fanfiction cause, to write and get published via an online base is through a proper fanbase and writing for some site filled with people who blindly lookout out for their characters the way they mentally portray them to be or the show does and not the way you pen them down, I'm sorry but that isn't gonna help you. We do have a sane bunch of people here but admit it, the majority of us (maybe even me), we dont have a clue what writing is all about, the grammar usage, proper critique or maybe even appreciation. We just write for the sake of it.

We pen it down and post it and if someone things that's worthy of being plagiarized then don't affect your readers, cause the love you. Just put your head high, give out a punishment and maybe for once appreciate the fact that you were plagiarised, it's a milestone. Maybe it does say that you were good enough. I know it hurts, and the hours you took, and what not. Why not defeat that person in his/her own battles, IF on IF go post the link of your thread, the readers will know and only the IF DTs can delete comments.              

And I have no clue abt what I just rambled on. That's me for you. LOL.
AraBearxo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TheWandmaker

My query and Request got lost in the midst of mayhem last time ! :PšŸ˜³

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#336699">I have been writing a mini series, the plot and characters are original i.e. my own. However, I named the characters after actors so that readers can easily relate and imagine the various scenarios.</font>

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#336699">I wanted to confirm with the DT whether my work falls under the original category?</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#336699">It's not a crossover as it nowhere resembles any TV show or characters. I have posted it in the FanFictions Forum, and now i think it doesn't belong here.</font>

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#336699">I wanted to get it moved to the Writer's Corner. Help Please ? :)</font>

I did check that thread out, just a glimpse of it though. And you did use the actors first names, not that it changes anything. But if you actually use the actors with their birth or screen names eg. Sanaya Irani as Sanaya Irani, Vivian Dsena as Vivian Dsena, then you do have your own OTP and It could be considered as a fanfiction, considering the fact that these people do exist and your writing a fiction based on them, or that they are a part of.

Other then that I think no, it is an original if you didnot follow what I did mention above. ^ But then, that was just a suggestion.