Pavitra Rishta

~*Sushant's Bollywood Journey*~ #9 - Page 27

CrAZiVrAzI thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

The first thing that we told Sharman was that many of his fans missed him in the recent hit, KAI PO CHE!, and thought him perfect for one of the role (in the film), as it was modeled on his RANG DE BASANTI act! We asked him if he has seen KAI PO CHE! and why wasn't he there in the film, and Sharman replied, ''Yes, I have seen KAI PO CHE! As to why I am not there you should ask that from the director Abhishek Kapoor and tell him to take me in his next film," he added in a lighter vein (laughingly)!'' 

We next asked him about the rumours doing the round that he was essaying a role in Raj Kumar Hirani's next with Aamir, P.K. And the straight forward and honest Sharman quashed the canard immediately saying, ''No, that is not true. I am not there in P.K. at all.'' 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
PeopleMagazineIndia ?@peoplemagindia1m

Simply tell us the name of a movie that Sushant should have starred in & why.Use #PEOPLEContest & the best tweet gets the autographed copy:)

Collapse 
  •  Retweet 
  •  Favorite 
  •  More
5:16 PM - 21 Mar 13  Details
people magazine loves him dont they?
CrAZiVrAzI thumbnail

Hoping for the best

Srabanti Chakrabarti, March 3, 2013:

Charismatic

It is a dream that many have tried, but few have lived — the transition from the small screen to the big one. Shah Rukh Khan is one actor who's lived this dream. And Rajeev Khandelwal is another.

Now, one more television star is all set to live the dream of becoming a film hero. That's Sushant Singh Rajput, who's winning praises for his performance in Kai Po Che. He was also the small screen sensation as Manav in Pavitra Rishta.
How did the transformation happen?

"I did television for more than two years. It gave me a lot of fame and money. But, very soon, I started feeling suffocated. There was no challenge, no improvisation, and worst of all, no learning. So I left television," explains Sushant.

But he did not jump straight into films. "I was supposed to study filmmaking at UCLA. When casting director Mukesh Chhabra saw me having tea in a restaurant, he asked me if I would audition for him. I gave an audition and got selected," he says.

Lots to learn

But, won't films also be boring after a while? "Television is relatively easy. Actors know what they have to do. Fame comes quickly. Films are very different because every six months you play a different character; you create something new from nothing. That challenges me as an actor," he explains.

While comparing films and television, Sushant mentions, "Surprisingly, none of the filmmakers I am working with (Abhishek Kapoor, Maneesh Sharma and Rajkumar Hirani) have seen me on TV."

Interestingly, Sushant never imagined that he would be on television. After ranking seventh in an all India engineering entrance exam, he was all set to study and lead a routine life as a techie. But that was not to be. "I completed six semesters of engineering before admitting to myself that I was wasting my time, that I needed to be in Mumbai — acting, dancing and making films. I had a backup plan ready too — to open a canteen in Film City. Or, as a last resort, go back to college," he says, remembering his days of uncertainty fondly.

So, how did he get his break? "When I came to Mumbai, I realised that this was really what I wanted to do. When I am in front of the camera, the feeling is good. I knew I had to pursue it. I joined Nadira Babbar's theatre group. I didn't go to auditions for two years; I was just learning. Then one day, when I was doing a play, people from Balaji noticed me and I got a call from Ekta Kapoor, asking me if I would be interested in doing television. I said I had not thought about it, but she said she would make me a star. So I said okay!" The rest is history. Pavitra Rishta and Manav achieved iconic levels, and Sushant Singh Rajput became one of the most sought-after stars.

How was it working in Kai Po Che? "When I auditioned for the movie, I had a good physique. But Abhishek Kapoor asked me to lose weight for the role. After a few weeks, when he met me, he was surprised — I had lost 11 kilos and was ready for his role."

But, the actor feels there is a long way to go for him. "There's a lot of room for improvement. As an actor, I am a novice right now. For Kai Po Che, I was training with Ranji players, had a gym instructor, and took dance lessons. The six-pack was a result of training six hours every day. I am here to create memorable characters. I am extremely happy and excited that I have been welcomed this way. The toughest part for me was to emote in front of the cameras in the heat of Gujarat. We had to work under extreme weather conditions, and it was truly challenging. We really had a tough time while shooting," he says, visibly happy that the hard work is paying off.
"None of the characters I have played till date — Preet (Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil), Manav (Pavitra Rishta) or Ishaan (Kai Po Che) are similar to each other. I am trying to give my best."

What about his personal life? Is it true that he is all set to get married to Ankita Lokhande, the female lead in Pavitra Rishta? "She has been very understanding. We both would like to get married in future."

Go to Top

CrAZiVrAzI thumbnail

Sushant Singh Rajput has become a star over night after his performance in 'Kai Po Che'. There are also rumors that the actor has got a role in Aamir Khan starrer 'Peekay'. This news has come in as a wakeup call for newbies Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan.

The two also got a dream debut in Karan Johar's 'Student of The Year'. Now, Sushant Singh will give them a tough competition in future.

And considering the hype Sushant has got in a low-budget film 'Kai Po Che' compared to 'SOTY', he is likely to have a good career in Bollywood.

Click and judge yourself the best out of the three newcomers.

rash2222 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

MUMBAI: Bollywood's newest 'it' thing, the very talented Sushant Singh Rajput was spotted launching the March issue of People magazine.

Sushant has made a smooth transition from TV to films, with his much appreciated performance in the recent release 'Kai Po Che'. Having wowed audiences with his acting prowess, it now seems like the star is all set to reveal a different, more 'studlier' side to his personality, going by the latest cover of People magazine.

Looking sharp in an electric blue shirt and jeans, with the trademark aviators that our Bollywood boys feel compelled to wear to every event, Sushant was all smiles as he launched the March issue of People magazine.

The cover of the magazine features Sushant in a black shirt.

The inset pictures feature Sushant in a very charming, old-world avatar: with a crisp white shirt, black suspenders, a bow-tie and gelled back hair, to give him that quaint lover-boy look. Other black-and-white pictures see Sushant adopt a more pensive look, dressed in a sharp grey suit.

Sushant said: "I quit TV because I stopped learning. I didn't want to be a star. I wanted to enjoy the process of filmmaking and work on my craft."

Sushant took time out to launch the magazine cover, and also signed a few autographs for his adoring fans. Sushant will be next seen in Raju Hirani's 'P.K' or 'Peekay', which stars Aamir Khan.

Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks all for the articles.
mayusushita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Thanks fr all d pics , articles, tweets sushant luking sooo gud awww hw cutely he is hugging dat girl ...i am jealous yr :( btw loved na hw sush told abt anki dat she is gud human being and goegrous at d same tym and fav ans ws you can't asked fr more awww
Afss_94 thumbnail
Hhmm... But they didn't cover yesterday's function. Just copy paste from ppl magzn interview.
rash2222 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
  1. K Himaanshu Shukla ?@khimaanshu5h

I'll do Ekta's films without reading script: Sushant Rajput http://scrutinybykhimaanshu.blogspot.com/2013/03/ill-do-ektas-films-without-reading.html … #ektakapoor #SushantSinghRajput

Expand
  2. Gitangshu Dey ?@geet_dey81h

@khimaanshu yayyy...Sush the rockstar...he is gonna go places:)

Expand
  3. K Himaanshu Shukla ?@khimaanshu1h

@geet_dey8 He has taken right decision at right time :)

Expand 
    •  Retweet 
    •  Favorite 
    •  More
Gitangshu Dey ?@geet_dey81h

@khimaanshu yahhh...true.

gitangshu dey... previous screen play writer of PR... had quit the show same time when sushant had quit

Afss_94 thumbnail
Wow. He is so sweet about Sush!
Thanks Rashi di for sharing.