Woman- in the eyes of Indian men!

Actomyo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Going by the mood of this forum from past 2-3 days, this thought popped out in my mind-how the woman is viewed by a man or to be specific, Indian man?

I know most of us forum mates are blessed with wonderful men in our life. But to go by the reality of Indian society, the number of wonderful 'real men' is very less compared to the so called men! From my personal experience I have felt many times that if a woman is outspoken, liberal and can debate over social injustice, political affaires etc, there are a lot of men (including so called educated) who think that this woman is not a 'perfect woman', she lacks femininity etc. The bitter truth is that we all women of new age know that inspite of modernization, urbanization there is a large number of male population who still has a stereotype mentality when it comes to woman as a wife in India! Still people feel a humble, shy, traditional girls are real women and the modern, liberal, outspoken girls are not so! And we all are fighting against such stereotypes at one or the other phase, Dehli gang-rape protest was eye openerfor our society, we saw a lot of young men standing up for women at the same time there were men including IPS, IAS officers who blamed women's dressing, staying out late night, being friends with men as a cause for such atrocities against women!

The 'misfit' comment on Zoya just reminded me of one of my personal experience, few months back one of my friend(male) was suggesting one of my colleague(who is looking for a girl to get married) that, he should take advice from me as to what are girls expectations from a guy, immediately this colleague of mine asserted that 'no way! Bhavna! If a girl is like her I wouldn't marry such girl! I mean, Bhavna is nice but she suits better as a social activist but not as a wife!' He said this infront of me, I always call him a jerk and that day before I could open my mouth to show him what he is, my friend showed him his placeπŸ˜† Here I have two men, both are equally educated, both care a lot for their loved ones, both are decent guys(even that stupid colleague is a very decent and helpful guy), but their perception about women is different! Asad Ahmed Khan is a symbolism of well educated yet chauvinist men that we have around us!

QH is actually touching upon this bitter truth, that's why Asad is a caring, decent, well educated and principled man, yet is a big time MCP! He adores his mother, feels she is a definition of perfect woman. Now, for me Zoya and Dilshad are very much similar except for Zoya is loud, wears jeans and Dilshad is not tech-pro! πŸ˜Š But Asad feels zameen-asman farak between this two ladies, because his just decides character by outer appearance as many men do! It would be great if CV's actually show the growth in Asad's character from a judgmental MCP to a real man who accepts and respects woman for what she is than how she is!

Zoya's character has been portrayed strong and it's not butchered yet, she is a normal human being without any ego, who is insecure, so she is being immature and childish, at times strongest of us also tend to do silly things sometimes, so Zoya is justified at the moment and it's just 3 episodes! But if the track still drags with same humiliation to Zoya then I would curse the creatives for making a mockery of a new age modern woman! We do act silly at times but not always, and we have enough self respect to crash the jerks away!

I would never forgive and would quit (already skipped 2 epi, just reading WU) watching this show if they don't redeem rather teach lesson to Asad! I am hoping that all this heartbreaking episodes are build up for future tracks where Asad will learn to understand the person beyond their outer appearance, in Zoya's words tehjeeb and tameez dil me hoti hai! As of now I see potential in the show as it looks like they are trying to throw light on the stereotype chauvinist attitude of our society and send a message through the character development of Asad Ahmed Khan!

Please share your views or experiences.

P.S: Don't justify Asad just because Karan is playing the character! In reality Karan is no way closer to what Asad is.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GroverAddict thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
yaaa KSG is different but i think asad is a strict nd rude man..
its not abt zoya only 
WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
I would just add something here, what i feel, 

Hats off to QH, the Director, the CVs and everyone backstage, that they portray Zoya's Prov so very well, that we cant actually see that Asad is even right :P

Good post, i second you wholeheartedly. πŸ‘

Especially the very last part! πŸ‘
WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
I actually like what KSG says about Asad as a person! 🀣

That Asad should take a few shots at night the world would be kind enough to him 🀣 🀣  πŸ€£ 🀣  πŸ€£ 🀣  πŸ€£ 🀣 
Actomyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Kriti--

yaaa KSG is different but i think asad is a strict nd rude man..

its not abt zoya only 

He is not rude as such, he has a heart of gold, yeah he is strict and also a chauvinist.
Not only Zoya, it's his opinion about any woman who dresses and behaves like Zoya!
Actomyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: MisHumptyDumpty

I would just add something here, what i feel, 

Hats off to QH, the Director, the CVs and everyone backstage, that they portray Zoya's Prov so very well, that we cant actually see that Asad is even right :P

Good post, i second you wholeheartedly. πŸ‘

Especially the very last part! πŸ‘

Very true, Zoya's character is portrayed so well and played so beautifully by Surbhi, that we are totally into her shoes and heartbroken😭 I didn't watch the epi because I can't bear such heartbreaks!
AnVishtian thumbnail
Brilliant Post Bhavna dear! πŸ˜ƒ

I agree wih everything you said. There are so many guys out there with same mentality as Asad and I'm guessing some of them are on the creative board as well considering how oh so well they are making Asad into MCP No.1.

But one thing I would like to say is, I dont mind Asad being a chauvinist. I mean to say about 95% of men are like that so its not a huge surprise in India(where so called men blame a rape victim for inviting to get raped and nonsense)

But! What makes me not at all justify or understand him is his repeated comments on her upbringing and her imperfection. He is the ONLY one who knows her entire past yet he says such things? What the eff Asad?

Its not about being chauvinist with this dude anymore. He is a plain sadist who too self-centered to look beyond his own hypocritical ideals sometimes.Edited by Rin03 - 11 years ago
jeenia123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
You know what i think... keeping KSG apart, Asad Ahmed khan represents  a typical indian man who may be hindu, muslim, sikh or Cristian but a man who always rule their girls... who themselves do every wrong thing but when it comes to girl. everything is prohibited... for him hugging to his friend is allowed in public but when it comes to a girl, she will definitely be characterless who is hugging a man who may be his friend...

For such man, he want to see girls in shorts,... but outside their house, when it comes to their own girls, it is a shame for them...

just my views and reality of true India...
No offense to anyone...
Actomyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rin03

I agree wih everything you said. There are so many guys out there with same mentality as Asad and I'm guessing some of them are on the creative board as well considering how oh so well they are making Asad into MCP No.1.

But one thing I would like to say is, I dont mind Asad being a chauvinist. I mean to say about 95% of men are like that so its not a huge surprise in India(where so called men blame a rape victim for inviting to get raped and nonsense)

But! What makes me not at all justify or understand him is his repeated comments on her upbringing and her imperfection. He is the ONLY one who knows her entire past yet he says such things? What the eff Asad?

Its not about being chauvinist with this dude anymore. He is a plain sadist who too self-centered to look beyond his own hypocritical ideals sometimes.

bold@ agree partially, I feel he is more self-centered than sadist right now. He is bothered about his feeling for Zoya, he knows he has fallen for her and desperately want to come out of it! So to keep himself and his feelings under control he is hurting that poor soul, how selfish of him! He is just thinking about him and  his feelings, not at all bothered about how hurt Zoya will be!
jeenia123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Rin03

Its not about being chauvinist with this dude anymore. He is a plain sadist who too self-centered to look beyond his own hypocritical ideals sometimes.

"not only this, one of a judge in Punjab has given explanation to rape victim that she must also have enjoyed the time... can you believe a judge saying so in the court?"