Episode 218 Discussion: 13th March 2013

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Episode 218 Discussion: 13th March 2013

Welcome to the Episode discussion thread which we call as Viewer's and Reader's Respite.  That's very apt, don't you think ? πŸ˜‰. And that proves our objective.

Objective behind the thread is 
  1. It helps in keeping the forum clean without much litter. People just need to fall in a habit.
  2. We can have it like breathers at first followed by analysis. 
  3. It also helps like-minded souls and pals bond and gel together to drop in their thoughts for themselves as breathers and for their friends as a peep into the episode and for others to post their reviews. 
  4. And those from different time-zones, who do not get to watch the episode at this time of telecast (Indian 8:30 PM), without any worry to trace or keep track of all their buddy's posts, they can come here, read with leisure and later post their analysis after watching it from their Time zones. 
  5. Do not litter the thread with chit-chat conversations. A little is permitted to have the friendly atmosphere, but when you feel like chatting more, it is desired you take your conversation with your buddies to alternate venues like chat clubs, pm mode etc.
  6. Quoting Policy: It is desired that people refrain from single, double, triple and multiple quoting of posts on a repetitive basis. They can pick out the parts that they like to quote as opposed to quoting the entire post. It is often seen that we have  to scroll through the pages when all they have done is quoting and more quoting with one line response to the actual post. IF has a rule that more than three times quoting is not allowed. But nowadays as people read IF posts over phone, it is preferred that people do not quote longer posts and just extract the portions of the post that they like to respond to and if they still find it relevant to their thought process then get the entire quoted text.

For those who cannot watch can have the Live/Written Updates.
Today's LU from : Loquacious_Aash
  • There are various other threads all over the forum. Please check out those as well. This is just one choice out of so many.
  • Readers are encouraged to post links of other members posts which had been "delightful read" towards analysis of episodic event/s or character analysis. It becomes an easy navigation in the myriad of posts and pages and can easily be overlooked.
  • The link to present day ED thread is always provided in the previous one discussed.Those who participated in previous thread can go to my posts and check the previous thread to get access to new link. 

Cheers,
SD

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Links to other related threads for the ED thread participators

Topics that are NON-Episode related or need deep discussions can be taken over to META thread. 

• Link to  Media Articles, Videos & Future Track Discussion-2

Any news article, segments, videos, valid information that you want to share with members and want to discuss can be posted here. Also, discussions around future tracks can also be taken up.

• Chat link -Can't stop discussing and thinking about MBVerse

Want to just chat, crib, without any constraints, then you can go that thread.
Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Episode 218 Discussion - EOD Summary

The Spat, The Slap, The Exercise, The Preparation, The Dinner, The Conference, The Warning. Who rules the roost ? 

Events of the Episode
  1. The Ex-Husband is royally shown the door by Ex-Biwi, asked to keep his voice low and warned never ever dare to come to her place and treat her as someone who can be used as his punching bag. The Ex-Husband leaves but turns back to warn her that she will regret one day for not telling him the secret that she is so gaurding now. 
  2. The mother and Ex-Saasuma Padmini has overheard the critical portion of her daughter hiding something. As she enquires Madhu, and Madhu informes her, Padmini slaps her for being so callous and unwise to get involved with underworld people and for which she has been lying from two nights. Madhu says its all because of the young boy Aryan who is really angel in that bad world. Padmini warns Madhu to stay away from the underworld people and Madhu agrees. 
  3. Sultan is exercising. He is making his son exercise too. With dumbbells. His old man cringes. Aryan shows pain, but Sultan is relentless. The old man throws a little bit of light on Sultan that he has come from outside territory and that on the night (when Madhu witnessed the shootout), he had mostly killed everyone and those who are felt would not think of striking him. It is also informed to the viewers that Sutlan is known to Police, but the do not know how he looks.
  4. RK is also exercising, as in boxing. He is recollecting everthing that Madhu said in Chawl. He asks his assistant cum manager to find out about the man.
  5. Bhujang Shashtri is introduced. He is another gangster. Doesn't look a straight guy who can take Sultan's command. But the don's conference goes on with all business being discussed. When it comes to Bhujang Shashri's turn, he mentions drugs are better than diamonds and he wants to venture into that. Sultan is angry and takes him inside for pvt conference to speak his mind...He douses BS' head in water and asks him to remember Rule Number 1 that no drugs when working along with him. Episode ends...To be continued tomorrow.
Episode Reviews :
Page 1 - Charu, Angeena, SD, sadumaneet
Page 2 - amrithas, zoya_naziya
Page 3 - have-a-dream, vkk2429, kodai
Page 4 - supercool3, anastasia21
Page 5 - lovehappiness, pnars
Page 6 - ritzy09
Page 7 - Ananya05
Page 8 - i-me-myself, -Srushti-
Page 9 - bcbs_srk
Page 11 - MarathiMulgi
Page 14 - Fazzyboom
Page 15 - river123

Sultan is harsh to his son..
Page 3 - kodai
Page 4 - SD 
Page 5 - kodai
Page 6 - Charu, lovehappiness
Page 7 - kodai, SD
Page 8 - kodai, SD

Madhu's actions analysis
Page 9 - Ananya05,  anastasia21, vkk2429
Page 10 - sadumaneet, skandi, ritzy09
Page 11 - zoya_naziya, vkk2429, anastasia21, supercool3, Ananya05
Page 12 - Gurtiluv, Sima14, sadumaneet, SD
Page 14 - SD

Page 13 - SD - Nautanki of MEIEJ - Do you see any similarity with Push the Tempo from Fatboy Slim ?

Fun Commentary

Crazy Men Galore in MBVerse  [Don't worry Syl has solution]

yeah Shri, he needs to tone his body but he has killer looks πŸ˜Ž 
all these men are crazy πŸ€£
RK, Bittuji, Sultan and Bhujang..chote mote Aryan and Madhu 

Fun commentary with Syl

Originally posted by: undisclosed

and i feel madhu is better off with out rk...we are a minority shri...the fly situation will only escalateπŸ˜†...hmm what is good for keeping flies away????

for now its swarm...but she is a magnet...so i won't be surprised if  rk + sultan + the whole underworld comes lke the locust...in that case...who ya gonna call???

We are gonna call the Ghostbusters.πŸ˜‰

don't mess with mama lion padmini...she will fight her own little cub...to protect her own little cub...

lastly...sultan's shirt collar was too fabulous for me...

Zorica's Poster Commentary - Today her impressions entirely

Originally posted by: zorica

In my opinion his behavior is pure jealousy combined with an injured ego!
He should be angry with himself!

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 11 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
What a power packed episode ! πŸ‘ CV's do know how to keep our interest alive...these 10 days without RK won't be tht tough .

Madhu showing RK the door, RK spotted Padmini and told her that he's not jealous but she will repent this one day..Madhu gave a befitting reply πŸ‘ RK is abs right, she will repent not telling him about Sultan... it sounded ominous to me πŸ˜• Madhu's stand...anyhow, he made sure Padmini knows toh he mentioned that man..thanks to him, Padmini knows the truth now..Madhu was defenseless in front of her πŸ˜† WOW  her mind is all messed up πŸ˜† Padmini slapping Madhu was justified as she put herself in danger and lied ..for that she gave plausible explanation that she was threatened not to..but did she forget that she promised Sultan to come for Aryan the next time, only if he says "please" ??😡 then she's supporting Aryan ..Padmini should have slapped her much before, when she filed a case against RK..anyhow, jab jaage tab savera..Padmini's concern is justified , her anger also..this time i'm glad Trishna didn't support Madhu...Madhu again made a false promise that it's all forgotten and she won't meet that guy again..too bad Madhu, she was cheerfully chatting with Aryan in the precap πŸ˜² she however refused to talk about RK β˜’️

Bhai training Aryan..Sultan bhai's servant informed him that Bhujang is coming πŸ˜³ now when he went on and on with Sultan bhai's praises and his kaarnaame, it sent me into convulsions of laughter.. he's the suitor for Madhu πŸ€£ now i understand ST's tweet when he was asked abt sultan and Madhu's pairing "LOL" πŸ€£

Mr. superstar & his boxing ! AAAWWW MY GOD !😲😲  WHAT was that? phangurls will def. have sleepless nights today πŸ˜† now whoever wrote that Colors article should watch this scene  loved that scene and him asking Bittuji to find out who that man is ! Bittuji bhi Chief ke right hand man hain..haan toh tab kahoonga jab kabhi na kaha ho πŸ‘ aaj dialogues were worth applauding, from all of them ! ALL ! from padmini to RK to Trishna to Madhu , Sultan, Bhujang...RK's hotness apart, it was AWESOME to NOT see him with his whiskey this time..            πŸ₯³

the rest of the epi. was Bhujang's entry..so him coming out of a water body was false news  πŸ˜† and SURPRISE ! HE is not bhai's bhai , Sultan is his BOSS πŸ€£ they're having a meeting all the Donnies & frankly speaking, I was imagining Madhu in the place of kaka πŸ€£ she cooking khichdi for all of them , everyone looking at her with lusty eyes  Bhai ko pyar hone wala hai na Madhu se πŸ˜ƒ and few of us were exited to watch them together as a pair so my imagination was running wild today πŸ˜³

Bhujang mentions drugs and Sultan gave him a piece of mind ..he's a principled man πŸ‘πŸΌ so he's not all that bad ...see, a water body did feature today, thoda hi sahi..Dev D type scene woke up Bhujang bhai...my gut feeling says gang war is on it's way & bhujang will back stab Sultan..where does our hero fits in, I don't know..now after watching all this, he better stays in his entertainment room with bahon ka darmiyan playing β˜ΊοΈ

precap, RK taking panga with Aryan and hence, BHAI's wrath  πŸ˜Ž RK bhai ki chutney banayenge ya Bhai RK ki πŸ˜ƒ

all in all, a cool entertaining episode ! πŸ‘

ETA liked Avinesh today..he acted well..and I liked Sidharth Vasudev as Bhujang...totally out and out negative character but with a brain πŸ‘ .so much better than watching Balraj..he was mad and entertaining, yet I can't stand such characters for long...looking forward to their confrontation and how RK gets involved in this mess and how it affects his and Madhu's life..they've almost diverted our minds from RK-Madhu love hate  ishtory πŸ˜†

Edited by _charu_ - 11 years ago
Angeena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Loved Padmini's class act today. πŸ‘β­οΈ Simply amazing. She was correct in every word she said.. And finally, seeing that Madhu just refused to listen to sense, she pretended to wash her hands of the whole thing. Pretended because should her either of her daughter's be in trouble she'll always help them out. Btw, Sultan didn't threaten Madhu's family, he threatened RK. A difference. When Trishna accepted Madhu's silence on her conversation with RK while surprised at first, I accepted it later. Simply because even Trishna knows that RK has some moral code .. there are some limits even RK won't cross. And there is the fact that they are still married.

Madhu just refusing to listen to reason - for Aryan? Is that child worth that much to her already? Aryan is with his father, no matter what happens Sultan will not kill him, nor is he going to beat him up with whips or something. Sultan is tough with him because the life of a gangster is tough, hard and dangerous. He cannot allow Aryan to be weak because Aryan is the only chink in his armor. He needs Aryan to be able to hold his own in front of others. Sultan won't be able protect him forever.

And speaking of Sultan, he is arrogant too. The way he said there is no one close to him in terms of power. Maybe true, but the way he said it made it sound that he won't see anyone rising in power and attempting to hit him till it is too late. Bhujang was good.. A bit unhinged, but then which character introduced in MEIEJ has ever been perfectly sane? He doesn't see Sultan as his boss. I think he got used to being the leader in Sultan's absence and now that he is back, Bhujang doesn't like it. He hates to take orders and Sultan humiliating him in front of the other gangsters won't sit well with him. He'll be after revenge. And Sultan's two rules -- Does this remind anyone else of Sultan Mirza from Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai?

RK takes out his badhaas on a punching bag. For the first time, RK was shown to be contemplating Madhu's words with such frustration .. He is most definitely not jealous. He has now realized that under his nose, when he was so busy attempting to humiliate Madhu, she was changing in to this person who keeps secrets, who is reckless to the point of being considered mad. He has only now started realizing that this Madhu is not the same one who fell in love with him, whom he manipulated. He has asked Bittooji to look in to it. Let's see what comes of it.. This was another amazing scene. πŸ‘

And the precap .. Sultan's reaction to RK should be very interesting. Does he or does he not have any prior scores to settle with RK? And Madhu, already breaking her promise to Padmini.
Edited by Angeena - 11 years ago
Krinya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angeena

Madhu just refusing to listen to reason - for Aryan? Is that child worth that much to her already? Aryan is with his father, no matter what happens Sultan will not kill him, nor is he going to beat him up with whips or something. Sultan is tough with him because the life of a gangster is tough, hard and dangerous. He cannot allow Aryan to be weak because Aryan is the only chink in his armor. He needs Aryan to be able to hold his own in front of others. Sultan won't be able protect him forever.

absolutely Angeena, the same is troubling me too..that child is innocent ? not only that child, every child is innocent, does that mean she will start hanging out with people like Sultan and Bhujang? πŸ˜• he's well protected by his father..he prolly doesn't want Aryan to become a lola like Madhu...he's training him for every eventuality...yes he's harsh on him but he's his father, he won't let any harm come his way ! does he really need Madhu to shower that affection on him and why?? he has a different life away from the eyes of public..what is Madhu getting into? 
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Sultan's power is finally displayed to us, by making Bhujang Shastri suffer for it. πŸ˜†  The other day I was reminding Preet...that easiest way to make something bigger or smaller is have another party/object with same properties be created, but should be managed in magnitude. Courtesy...Akbar-Birbal story. Where Akbar asks Birbal to diminish a line without erasing it. Birbal takes a chalk and draws a bigger line than the first one. The first one becomes comparitively smaller.

So the drama of contrasts continues. Contrasts, Contrasts and contrasts everywhere.

Sultan is the good don.  Doesn't want drug traffikking business.  Bhujang is bad don and wants drugs, which is easy money than diamonds.  Bhujang is going to be sworn enemy of Sultan but has to unfortunately obey him.  RK is now is going to be Sultan's target as RK has stepped on Sultan's "Dukhti Rag"... yeah that precap scene..πŸ˜† I can talk about it tomorrow in a better way.

They had to show VD's physique today, as we all started doubting if he still has his body intact before all these dons and Bhais πŸ€£ Had to show him boxing his punching bag. How many months gone The last time I saw it was in August, the morning after he weds Madhu. πŸ˜†

Body-wise...Sultan is far ahead than RK. Let's see aage aur kya hoga. Now all these men are crazy. Sultan, Bhujang and RK.  

See Sultan saw the martyr streak in Madhu. She now doesn't need any gun etc to protect Aryan. She will go anytime anywhere to save him. She nearly promised Padminij that she will never go to those people and yet she is talking to the kid. Doesn't this girl understand, Aryan is a kid...fine, BUT, a BIG BUT that is a DON's (Killer's - coz she saw him killing people) Son. Hasn't she watched movies that once involved with underworld, cannot easily wash your hands off them. Seriously she watched only Mr.India ???!!  Whatever, Madhu is again going against her Mom's wish. This girl goes for wrong things...Padmini kinda showed it and yet asked Madhu to use her own discretion giving that respect to her "coming of age". But Madhu kahaan seekhegi. If she is going to stay away, kahaani kaise aage badhegi...Poor Madhu, the CVs always use her to make her do mistakes to drive the story.  She just became instrumental in having RK and Sultan become enemies.  And RK is one "Ullu ka Patthha" (owl's kid) who has to go after Madhu. Why can't he stay away from her. He is just an idiot !!!!!

But first things first, I need to know, what is the second rule that Sultan follows for his underworld business. First was no drugs...trying to break that almost got death's taste for Bhujang.

Did I fear Sultan today ? No. But yes, he did come across as Emotional Don. He is powerful and yet has baggage. Probably he had a brother who died of taking drugs.

The sidekicks of these bosses were cool. πŸ˜Ž  Bittuji My Man !! stood by his Chief. So did Kaka/Ramu kaka/can they khulasa his name besides Sultan.

sadumaneet thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Hmmm interesting epi. Chalo welcome back Padmini who killed Balaraj for saving her daughter she was right with her each word it serves right for Madhu but don't know how Madhu is reacting to these things she seems to be really unpridictable now a days and iam sure she is gone end up being in trouble.

Thank god RK got his punching bag now at least people around him will saved from his wrath. He is really very frustruted with Madhu's behaviour moreover he must be feeling horrible as he is loosing control over situation neither Madhu is in sane mind which make him more irritating poor soul. Ohh my Disco ball (Bittu ji) its always very pleasure watching him.

Rest of the epi was like Once upon time in Mumbai part 2. I must say MB CV's are very smart they copied scenes from films with lot of conviction with their personal touch. Character of Bhujang is really very typical character from Hindi movies with evil mind.

Precap was damn interesting eagerly waiting for drama to unfold specially Sultan's reaction.
Krinya thumbnail

Originally posted by: 0-SD-0

They had to show VD's physique today, as we all started doubting if he still has his body intact before all these dons and Bhais πŸ€£ Had to show him boxing his punching bag. How many months gone The last time I saw it was in August, the morning after he weds Madhu. πŸ˜†

Body-wise...Sultan is far ahead than RK. Let's see aage aur kya hoga. Now all these men are crazy. Sultan, Bhujang and RK.  

yeah Shri, he needs to tone his body but he has killer looks πŸ˜Ž 

all these men are crazy πŸ€£

RK, Bittuji, Sultan and Bhujang..chote mote Aryan and Madhu 

0-SD-0 thumbnail
OMG!!! Charu,

What are those jets.  πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Look like attackers.