Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 149

TheGadabout

IF-Dazzler

TheGadabout

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 7:52pm | IP Logged
Silkwood

Not a classic but one of those great female oriented films of Streep. She plays Karen, a worker in a nuclear plant who raises voice against the lack of security and other labour welfare issues. She eventually finds herself pitted in controversies that leads to her death.

8/ 10

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 9)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

abby_girl30

IF-Rockerz

abby_girl30

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Daredevil

It wasnt the best superhero movie out there but I kinda liked it. Maybe cz I am a HUGE fan of Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner (more of her than him LOL )

The story was very simple about a guy who turns blind in childhood due to an accident with some hazardous chemicals. He loses his vision but his other senses become sharp like the ones to smell, hear etc.

He become daredevil to find the killers of his father which leads him to meet Elektra (played by Garner) both eventually fall in love but things turn otherwise...I don't wanna ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it.
Direction was kinda bad and he could have added more scenes of Ben & Jen Angry

The cast was good and may I add Colin Farrell was great as Bullseye Big smile
I got the 2 disc set and it had the bloopers in it...and I could clearly tell Ben and Jennifer were so into each other while shooting this movie...ahhh my favourite couple Embarrassed

Will give it 7/10

***so anyone who wants to see how Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner fell in love...watch this movie LOL

Edited by abby_girl30 - 26 March 2013 at 10:34pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDramaWaitForIt-bambogli

Chippeshwini

IF-Sizzlerz

Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Silver Linings Playbook

Awww dear. This is a movie that you'd thinkk is gonna be a tear-jerker anyyy moment, but it somehow puts you back in position. Its actually a very interestingly handled topic of two individuals who have recently overcome mental disorders or are in the process of, and how life unravels after they return from the centers.

Bradley Cooper is one amazing actor.. in the scenes when he's getting too angry and you know the violence is uncalled for and out of hand, you still can't help but feel really, really sad and understanding of his behavior. He really nailed his character of a hopeful guy who's honestly doing nothing but struggling his ass off.

Jennifer Lawrenceee. She is the reason I sought out to even watch this movie, because I haven't seen an English movie in aaages. I wanted to see how she managed to win an Oscar for a role in a movie that had "comedy/drama" as its genre. But wowzaa, she was amazing. It wasn't one of those roles in which she's giving ground-breaking dialogs and expressions reel per reel, but her expertise really shone in key scenes in which she looked so incredibly natural, you'd think gosh this nearly looks like real life.
Her talk to Pat about his wedding song, or about why she gets pissed off at him for being condescending of her disorder... she toootally convinces.

I defo. recommend this movie, its not too heavy for the faint-hearted to avoid, and it's not too silly/ the comedy isn't forced in awkwardly for those who think its too sensitive a subject to add comedy to.

Its beautiful =)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pari_roxxILoveDramaWaitForIt-abby_girl30

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 12:55am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

abby_girl30

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 12:58am | IP Logged

love_struck

IF-Dazzler

love_struck

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:03am | IP Logged
I watched 

JAB WE MET 9/10
ISHAQZAADE 9/10
UDAAN 8/10
CHANDNI 7/10 

Franco

ikeelyou

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 10:38am | IP Logged

Sheldon_Bazinga

souro

souro

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
Just returned after watching Himmatwala.

Masala film as all of us know. Comedy, especially dialogues, were quite nice. Paresh Rawal was especially good in comedy.
Ajay Devgn and Mahesh Manjarekar were also nice.
Tamannah was more or less invisible during 70% of the movie. She was there mainly to show her face and figure I guess, and she does have an amazing figure which they highlighted every opportunity they got.

Story everyone knows, since it's a remake. However, I felt they should've changed a few things, cos those might have worked in 1983 but certainly doesn't work in 2013. The scene where Ravi's (Ajay Devgn) mother tells him that his sister should return to her in-laws even though they are beating her, was cringe worthy. Something like that is ridiculous even in a 1983 movie, but now it's completely unacceptable.

Thing to note: Sonakshi got whitsles, Ajay Devgn got even more whistles, Tamannah not so much... but the most whistles were reserved for 'Naino mein sapna, sapno mein sajna' song. That was the biggest attraction of the movie and the only song that I liked.

Edited by souro - 28 March 2013 at 4:15pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top