Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 149

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Admission

Like many critics I am in two minds about the movie.

I think the problem with some of the bad reviews is that the movie was billed as a romantic comedy. This is more of a drama comedy. The story delves a lot into relationships, family and realizing one's potential. There are no laugh out loud, hilarious moments. Rather the humor is more subtle, situational, and 'that's life' kind. 

The story is about Portia an admissions officer at Princeton University. She has a perfect life, a steady ten year live-in relationship and well on the way to promotion. Her life is turned upside down when she receives a call from John Pressman with the Quest Academy, and she goes down a path she never imagined.

One aspect of the film is a critique of our educational system. It really makes you question how the system is setup and wonder if it really is fair as it ought to be. The other aspect of the film is the interpersonal relationships. And I think the only problem with this otherwise exceptional film is that it the two aspects of the story don't always come together seamless.

I loved it. Probably because I am in love with Tina Fey and a huge fan of this brand of very understated humor. I'm also a sucker for these touching, but not sappy plot lines. But I think people expecting a run of the mill romcom will be sorely disappointed.

7/10

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Vedika211Franco.khoobsurat.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 7)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

What would you do if the world was going to end in 21 days and your spouse just left you? Dodge Petersen decides to reconnect with his old high school sweet heart whom he has yearned for his entire life. His neighbor disastrous British neighbor decides to help him. The movie is an unusual story about friendship, romance and self discovery. It is about finally figuring out where our priorities lie because time is running out for real.

I used to dislike Steve Carrell as an actor. But since movies like Crazy Stupid Love and this, I've discovered that he isn't just a goofy comedian. He has a wider range. And for some reason he has an endearing charm as a middle aged romantic. Keira Knightley is delightful. She is humorous, lively, fun, strong, yet extremely vulnerable and emotional. I always feel she is underutilized.

Overall this is a heartwarming feel good film with some deeper food for thought.

8/10

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by beboholic

Pitch Perfect.. really loved it.. I wanna own it on DVD. But some scenes were really disgusting . American directors are so weird. 

Barfing and making barf angels? LOL

Ewww yes I was ref to those scenes. Dead

WaitForIt-

IF-Dazzler

WaitForIt-

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Do Dooni Char

What a simple yet lovable movie. It's so so so relatable, the life of an Indian middle class family so well portrayed, like the way Neetu Singh bought vegetables, Rishi's way of having lunch in school, the daughter refusing to take a lift on her father's scooter(when I was a kid and lived in India, I refused to ever let my dad drop me to school in his old maruti, it was embarrassing LOL). And even the minutest things like that blink-and-miss scene where Rishi hugged his sister after selling Neetu's bangles to give the shagun(?) money, or when Rishi comes home and bickers with his son about the stuff he watches on TV- it was just like any other normal family. 

Ah, this is one of the very few films which is so close to reality, I absolutely love it! Kudos to the writer and director for such a marvelous concept- the family's wishes, their struggles, their annoyance their way of dealing with things, the characters, the situations (most of them), the comic scenes- so great and real, I'm in awe. Very few bollywood movies like that, must watch movie!! This movie's beauty lies in its simplicity,an amazing film and so relatable. Everyone's performance was brilliant- Neetu, Rishi, the daughter, the son, the aunt, the neighbours, the inspector- everyone did a fab job in making the characters as real as possible. I love the movie. 

Edited by lmfao1 - 24 March 2013 at 3:16pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Vedika211tvdekha.bambogli

bambogli

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Swetha-WaitForIt-

WaitForIt-

IF-Dazzler

WaitForIt-

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bambogli

^ Aditi Vasudev was in CDI? Confused

she's not that Komal Chautala girl? Shocked All this while I thought she's her...I feel silly now! LOL
Thanks, I'll edit iit. Embarrassed

-Swetha-bambogli

bambogli

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Swetha-WaitForIt-

WaitForIt-

IF-Dazzler

WaitForIt-

Posted: 24 March 2013 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bambogli

She was in Talaash. Shashi's girlfriend Mallika... that was Aditi.

I found Aditi's acting in Do Dooni Chaar & Anushka's acting in BBB similar. May be both did workshop with Habib Faisal.

Oh okay...I can't believe I always thought she's Komal Chautala, I even told my dad it's her! LOL

I haven't seen BBB but Aditi was brilliant in DDC. I used to be exactly like her years ago, I loved that character.

-Swetha-bambogli

Post Reply New Post

Go to top