Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 64)

Post Reply New Post

Page 64 of 149

ChillMaarYaar

IF-Stunnerz

ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Ghanchakar...Not Posting ANY SPOILERS DONT WANT TO SPOIL 

OMG>... Who said Vidya ckt is LOUD ... HELL NO ... her dressing is like her personal wardrobe LOL...

First half a bit thanda, going in circles, but good ... its second half which did its trick for me ... Director in first half drops hints which makes every one think like how Sanju thinks but hell its  Ending which is like I never seen that coming ...

Personally i loved the scene where Neetu takes the broom and hits those two people for beating her husband, kya doothi hai LOL

there are loop holes, like why Uttam ran to london or so,... but none the less wow 

Emran Hasmi solid hai yaar, Vidya she is amazing , Namit is good man , and so is that other man ... Songs used properly in second half ...

Good comedy timing , its serious thriller business in second half apart neetu's beating with broom ...

Good story with many loop holes and somewhere director lost touch , in order to make a balance btw suspense and predictable scene ... 

I loved it , first half is like slow , but never mind its good man ...

2.5/5 

Edited by breezy - 28 June 2013 at 12:05pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 64)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nikitagmc

IF-Sizzlerz

nikitagmc

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Raanjhana: 

I read a lot of reviews on how the first and second half seemed disconnected, but personally, to me it didn't seem like that. I loved the way the story progressed.. I saw it completely as Kundan's story, and tore up in so many scenes-  Dhanush was so cute and charming in the initial portions though they could have given him a better hairstyle. I really felt angry at Zoya in so many scenes..Sonam did an okay job, she didn't come across as natural in comparison to others. Bindiya and Murari were two very well written characters too.. they, along with Dhanush, got the best dialogues in the movie and they were such naturals.. I was rooting for Bindiya till the very end. :( The holi sequences were very well done and I enjoyed watching them. 

Overall, a very good movie and must watch. Makes you cry but you still feel vaguely happy for Kundan, as if death by Zoya's hands had given him the salvation that tying threads around trees had not given him.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-FireLordPhoenix.khoobsurat.harshu.sundas

KuKKad_MalHOTra

Goldie

KuKKad_MalHOTra

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Himmatwala
(Yes, I summoned all my inner himmat to watch this movie)Party

Rating: 1.5/10

Ok, so why 1.5? Was it that bad? I'll be honest, I tried watching this movie without any prejudices or bias. I didn't even bother what the critics reviewed or what other people who watched the movie felt. And I haven't watched the previous Himmatwala. Frankly, at the beginning, I thought I would rate it around 4/10. 

So the movie starts with a fight scene inside a cage like thing and enters our hero, Ravi (Ajay devgan) and the fight scene continues for around 10 minutes, by the end of which I'm already yawning. But nevermind, I still try to channelise all my optimism and continue. And then our hero goes to Ramnagar, his native place where we are introduced to the Sarpanch (Mahesh Manjrekar), his saala Narayan das (Paresh Rawal) who have managed to terrorise the entire village. Through flashbacks, we come to know that the Sarpanch was the reason for the death of Ravi's father and the entire past of the hero, after which his mother and sister are outcasted from the village. So the whole story is about getting justice for his mother and sister and the village.

In between, we have sarpanch's daughter (Tamannah) who is just a joke in the entire film which is isn't even funny. And we also have a VFX Tiger, Riteish Deshmukh and Adhyayan Suman in the supporting cast.Shocked Did you know that? I didn't. I couldn't even recognise Adhyayan till the end of the movie.

And as for the climax, when Ravi's mother falls on Sherowali Mata's feet, I knew who the actual hero of the movie is.LOL

What I liked : The songs were the only saving grace of the entire movie and all I could focus on was Tamannah's patli kamariya.LOL The fight sequence was also ok. Atleast it made me laugh better than the jokes.

What I disliked:  Screenplay, story and dialogues were cringeworthy. As in, if I actually sat in the theatre, I would have pelted tomatoes and eggs on the screen. Even with veteran actors like Paresh rawal, Mahesh Manjrekar, Zarina Wahab, this movie and the characters were reduced to jokes. No characters were strongly defined. The villain  was just a joke. And I don't know what was the obsession of the movie with a whip. Is it Sajid Khan's kinky fantasy?LOL And the whole angle of the hero's sister, marrying the villain family and then being mistreated was pathetic.

Special Mention :  To the Tiger.LOL Atleast his sequences were better than the normal people.

Acting Skills : Sorry to say, but all actors have been under utilised and in the wrong way. And Tamannah was just bleh! I feel sorry for her for debuting with Sajid Khan. I don't think she was bad, but she was no more than a prop and had absolutely no scope to show her talent, except for her slim, fair waist in all songs.

Verdict : Absolutely lame movie. I watched it only because I had bet with my friend that I would watch this torture. So unless you are not going to win any money, this movie doesn't even deserve to be spoken about. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-.khoobsurat.

desimaganlal

Goldie

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ChillMaarYaar

IF-Stunnerz

ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 3:29pm | IP Logged
OMG... Man i had this movie on my thumb drive for months but never managed seeing it ... since i dont regret glad i watched it ... 

Wat a movie... I used to visit temples and believe in god , not that i dont know , but its more of fear than faith ... I am fed up of over dose of god like pooja's,  favours to gods and all, hence i completely stopped going to temples or either pray in my room when i can , lost that faith and even when i do now , its out of like offering god something in return ...

Loved the movie to core, it was amazing so good simple , decent and solid slap bara message . Nothing was Illogical or stupid in movie... true ppl waste so much eatable things in name of offerings to god, and when some one takes a step on feeding same to poor , ppl are blamed and made to feel guilty ... 

we hardly see anyone true, and n every temple there are pandits who cannot even read sloka properly they just say few lines and we are impressed...LOL... 

Believing in god is good but having blind faith on others who sell u things in name of god is wrong. which is what is amazingly shown in his movie... 

I loved that line which Mithun says in the end, Its not about loving god but fearing god which will make people go to them again ... True na ...another thing which stands out in movie is Song on god, where he more or less questions his existence since akki plays god, there is such sadness in his face when they play that song, it just takes it another level than the talks he share ...that sad and amused expressions goes amazingly with the song... WOW ... and who better to sing other than Kailash ji ... , 

Paresh was FAB ... only Paresh ji or AnupamKher ji can justify a role like that ... his lines in interview are so so so dam good and true...

everything offered to god is being sold  or used by mediators for their own benefits, just few are real pandits or so, and those one lead life in a simplest manner even when they are loaded with money ... 

Such a amazing movie, reminded me of my all time fav Page3 movie ...

Brilliant cast ... 

5/5 

Edited by breezy - 28 June 2013 at 3:44pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha--Cinderella-chimchimcher-ee

PigBenis

IF-Dazzler

PigBenis

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Aurangzeb

One of the best movies this year! I don't see why YRF didn't promote this movie, it was pretty good and would've done a much better business with more promotions. Anyway the story, screenplay, acting everything was top-notch. No OTT drama, crying and all that crap. It was to the point and the pace was managed very well. The climax was even better IMO. Hats off to Atul Sabharwal for his excellent writing and directing! One negative aspect to the movie was the music. They were all terrible. YRF could've done a much better job with that IMO.

As for acting, Arjun Kapoor was the star! Playing a double role is never easy but Arjun made both characters engaging and played them very well. One can't say that this is his second movie, he's much better than most of the so called 'senior' and 'experienced' actors we have nowadays. Rishi Kapoor comes next. I don't think anyone else would've carried of the villain role better than him. Then comes Prithviraj, he needs to do more films. Such a stellar performance. At some points he even overshadowed Arjun. Everyone else did a good job too. It was delightful to see Kavi Shastri and Amrita Singh. The girl who played Ritu, Sasha Agha she was terrible. Don't think she'll go far in Bollywood.

Overall, it was a good film. I would recommend it!

4.5/5

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-pari_roxxnneeiilloblivious..khoobsurat.chimchimcher-eeSharif.Badmaash

Sharif.Badmaash

IF-Stunnerz

Sharif.Badmaash

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 12:22am | IP Logged
Fukrey

A very nice Entertaining movie.
The starting first hour was a bit slow & boring, but after that the story catched up.
Some of the scenes were really funny , the guy playing "Choocha" Stood out in comic department. Pulkit Samrat has a really good screen presence & i would like to see him in more movies.The other two male leads Ali Fazal & Manjot Singh justified their roles & looked good. After GOW series, Richa Chaddha delivered another strong performance & was amazing as negative character "Bholi Punjaban ". The Song ambarsariya" had a sufficient effect over Film's success , IMO.
Kudos to Farhan Akhtar & team for making this movie.

3.5/5

Edited by D3_4life - 29 June 2013 at 12:26am

-Swetha-.khoobsurat.

ummesulaiman

IF-Sizzlerz

ummesulaiman

Posted: 29 June 2013 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Yeh Jewani Hai Deewani...nice movie with great music and excellent performance by the entire cast.  Exactly what I would expect from a Dharma Productions movie.  3/5 stars

Raanjhana...OMG!!  This film was absolutely mind blowing.  Dhanush and Sonam were superb Clap And the music breathtaking.  I definitely reccommend it to everyone... Thumbs Up 4.5/5 stars 

Edited by ummesulaiman - 29 June 2013 at 12:36am

-Swetha-.khoobsurat.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top