Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 30)

Post Reply New Post

Page 30 of 149

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 11 May 2013 at 11:57am | IP Logged
ABCD (Spoilers ahead)

All the great reviews raised my expectations too much Cry I thought the last 20-30 minutes were the saving grace of the movie...ie the last bits of the competition. The film has awesome dance sequences and okay-ish acting. But I thought it needed to be edited better since it was dragging in parts and I found characterizations kinda choppy as in suddenly characters would start behaving in one way--I couldn't really connect to the characters as such.

Like Punit's addiction...it was mentioned in passing at first, then we see nothing at all about it...and then all of a sudden he shows up high and then he's dead. Confused It didn't connect well with me. Or even Dharmesh's dad shows up all of a sudden and has a problem with him dancing.

I love the message of the film though--dance with all your heart so that everyone dances with you. I love Remo and UTV for having the guts to make such a film too. I just wish it had a better storyline and better written characters. Perhaps it was just me...maybe I shouldn't have watched it as a stressbuster but rather waited for the stress to be over before watching it. *shrugs*

2.5/5 (extra 1/2 for the dances).

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.HappyMelody

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 30)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

HappyMelody

IF-Stunnerz

HappyMelody

Posted: 11 May 2013 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Wow so many positive reviews for Aashique 2 and I'm starting to get curious about this flick

@Choco
ABCD has another major minus point; Prabu Deva's dialogue delivery. He was clearly confusing and boring

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

.Anamika.

IF-Dazzler

.Anamika.

Posted: 11 May 2013 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 

I didn't really expect much from it but I loved it so much! The message it wants to give is subtlety presented with all the different people and their own stories. We live in a very ageist society today and old people do get lonely and feel like they're worthless. But this movie shows how they have so much more to offer. 

I loved Maggie Smith's character so much! The way she looked at everything like she was going to get some disease and was wary of India was shown so well. Her relationship with the low caste servant who ends up calling her to her house and giving her this simple thaali with food for her was the sweetest thing.

Tom Wilkinson's story was really touching as well. And the actress who plays Gaurika did such a great job. She barely had a line to say in the movie but her expressions said so much when her husband hugged Graham. 

I really liked how they showed call centers too. People always have such negative things to say about them but the reality is that a lot of the people who work there are university graduates. India has such a high population that you have to do something to give these young people some work.

Dev Patel was hilarious in certain scenes but others I found his Indian accent too exaggerated. Tena Desai did a great job as Sunaina and she's so pretty, I dunno how she doesn't have more Bollywood offers! 

Overall, 3.5/5 

Great movie!

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 11 May 2013 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Gippi: such a cute movie.. reminded me of myself in the school days..

.Anamika..khoobsurat.

PigBenis

IF-Dazzler

PigBenis

Posted: 12 May 2013 at 1:32am | IP Logged
Jolly LLB(spoilers)

Nice movie. Among one of the best so far this year. The concept was pretty good even though the execution wasn't very well done. The pace was slow but the waiting for the result keeps you hooked till the end. It was somewhat inspired by Salman Khan's hit and run case, and how rich people get away with it. But in the end justice prevails. Performance wise Arshad Warsi and Boman Irani were amazing. Very convincing throughout but Saurabh Shukla was my favorite. He's a phenomenal actor. And it was nice seeing Amrita Rao after a long time.

Overall it was a good watch.

4.5/5

Edited by PigBenis - 12 May 2013 at 1:33am

.Anamika..khoobsurat.

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 12 May 2013 at 5:04am | IP Logged
Go Goa Gone:
Nice timepass movie. A good one time watch. The best bits of the movie was in the trailer though. The performances were decent. Kunal Khemu stood out. The music was appropiate for the mood of the film. The locations were beautiful.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 12 May 2013 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Kai Po Che

Need some time to gather all my thoughts on this one...the acting was very good, the cinematography was awesome, the direction, everything. The only Chetan Bhagat book I ever read was Five Point Someone ..so I don't really have anything to compare too, but I thought this was a finely crafted film. It's more about the moments and I love such movies.

The scene were Omi-Ishaan hug after India-Aus epic match, the Pari Hoon Main sequence, the scene where Ishaan finds out about Govi and Vidya..so many more...

We've had a lot of bromance films over the years but this one holds its own space..is different and has its own endearing camaraderie between the 3,..and  different story. I wasn't really reminded of RDB, DCH, ZNMD as such which is GOOD.

The last climax was so UNDERPLAYED. This film is full of those scenes. The riots scene was so naturally shot that it was disturbing. I hate hate watching things like this...but the tension Abhishek Kapoor created. Hats off.

Personally all bias aside, this was the best movie I've seen all year so far.

Ahhh...I need to find the review thread to ramble there because I don't wanna spoil the movie forthose who haven't seen it yet.

4.5/5

Edited by chocolover89 - 12 May 2013 at 10:09am

PigBenis.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 12 May 2013 at 10:13am | IP Logged
^ I wanna see Kai Po Che ..but no time with work and finals. Cry

Hopefully I remember to watch it after my Finals are over. oh a good idea to do is to write it on my phone..I have a list of films I need to watch..if I don't write them down I forget about them and I miss out on great films :( 

Edited by beboholic - 12 May 2013 at 10:14am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top