Posted: 14 April 2013 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
Wrong thread

Edited by Aishh. - 14 April 2013 at 1:54pm
abby_girl30 IF-Rockerz
abby_girl30
abby_girl30

Posted: 14 April 2013 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Finally saw Mere dad ki Maruti

Okie so the story line is simple with Saquib losing his Dad's brand new car that the dad (Ram Kapoor) bought to gift his daughter and SIL as their wedding gift.

Now the story is how he finds the car to save himself from being yelled at by his loud dad.

The acting was great...some might think that the acting is going OTT but I feel it was just how their characters were. Saquib impresses again as Sameer...I must say his punjabi styled dialogue delivery is awesome...rarely any one speaks it with that perfect diction in bollywood...especially since he ain't punjabi in real life. The guy who plays his friend Gattu...was sooo good...I wanna see him and Saquib do more films together, as their chemistry as friends is just so sweet Embarrassed

Ram Kapoor acted well but I felt the kids overshadowed him...the girl playing Jasleen...was so bad...I mean I couldn't stand her for some reason Confused

The girl playing Saquib's sister was sooo damn good in that song she danced to at her engagement with all those suggestive lines and seductive steps,...everyone in the party was staring at her with open mouth as in W*F is she doing ROFL

I loved the way they showed Chandigarh...and it made me miss it so much, the round circles at every other region...ahhh memories Cry

Overall it was awesome and I would give it 3.5/5

So if you're bored some day...might as well give this movie a chance for some laughs

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-pari_roxxtvdekha.Sano88Siddhi_oblivious.Sunshine797

tvdekha. IF-Rockerz
tvdekha.
tvdekha.

Posted: 14 April 2013 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abby_girl30

The girl playing Saquib's sister was sooo damn good in that song she danced to at her engagement with all those suggestive lines and seductive steps,...everyone in the party was staring at her with open mouth as in W*F is she doing ROFL

s

That is something I will do to piss off peopleLOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

abby_girl30

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 14 April 2013 at 9:49pm | IP Logged
For a Good Time, Call

This is an exceptionally funny and feel good independent film. Two girls down on their luck are forced to room with each other, despite loathing each other. Prim and proper Lauren cannot help but advice her raunchy dirty phone sex operating roommate Katie on how to run the business. Before she knows it she is sucked into the business. The result is a highly unlikely friendship and an even more unusual business partnership.

The movie is entertaining throughout. There are several rip roaringly funny and heart warming moments that stand out. There is a good dose of raunchy humor, sexual references and loud grunting and moaning. But in the end of the day, it is a charming feel good film about life lessons and friendship.

Keep an eye out for the cameos by comic icons like Kevin Smith, Seth Rogen and Nia Vardolos.

7.5/10

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-oblivious.chimchimcher-ee

HappyMelody IF-Stunnerz
HappyMelody
HappyMelody

Posted: 15 April 2013 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Oz the great and powerful

I've one thing to say; I just want my money back!! The trailer simply deceived me and the movie was a complete let down and snore worthy

The movie was so boring despite the James Franco factor. The only good and funny part of the movie was Finley the monkey. The rest can be easily forgotten the moment you step away from the theater

Iron Man 1 & 2

Saw the trailer of Iron Man 3 while watching Oz the great and powerful and man the VFX was so damn good plus Robert Downey Jr's effect made me catch up on the Iron Man series. I'm no super hero fan but there was something about this super hero though

The first movie was enjoyable and worth watching. Tony Stark is one hell of an arrogant ass hole yet charming enough to keep you interested in the story. But the second movie bored me for a while. It didn't have the same impact as the first one did yet it was not so horrible either

All in all I'm all set for the 3rd installment

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-oblivious.

oblivious. IF-Sizzlerz
oblivious.
oblivious.

Posted: 15 April 2013 at 6:09am | IP Logged
The Attacks of 26/11

Brilliant execution! I would say, it's defo worth a watch. The guy who played Kasab's role was so damn good.! He actually made me feel like punching him in the face. The cast was well selected. I really couldn't believe that this is an RGV product. Its way way better than his recent past ke movies. Nana Patekar was good, but was completely overcrowded by the guy who essayed Kasab's role imo. Those four days were practically the worst of my life and I really pray that nothing like this ever happens again. Tbh, my blood was boiling while watching the movie. How can any human being be so brutal?:|

Totally recommended.

PS: I just wish that they showed more of how the other nine terrorists were killed and how all the people were rescued, which I know ain't possible.

5/5

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-pari_roxxPigBenisStar_on_earth

Sadie.Saxton IF-Rockerz
Sadie.Saxton
Sadie.Saxton

Posted: 15 April 2013 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abby_girl30

Finally saw Mere dad ki Maruti

Okie so the story line is simple with Saquib losing his Dad's brand new car that the dad (Ram Kapoor) bought to gift his daughter and SIL as their wedding gift.

Now the story is how he finds the car to save himself from being yelled at by his loud dad.

The acting was great...some might think that the acting is going OTT but I feel it was just how their characters were. Saquib impresses again as Sameer...I must say his punjabi styled dialogue delivery is awesome...rarely any one speaks it with that perfect diction in bollywood...especially since he ain't punjabi in real life. The guy who plays his friend Gattu...was sooo good...I wanna see him and Saquib do more films together, as their chemistry as friends is just so sweet Embarrassed

Ram Kapoor acted well but I felt the kids overshadowed him...the girl playing Jasleen...was so bad...I mean I couldn't stand her for some reason Confused

I loved the way they showed Chandigarh...and it made me miss it so much, the round circles at every other region...ahhh memories Cry

Overall it was awesome and I would give it 3.5/5

So if you're bored some day...might as well give this movie a chance for some laughs

LOL I LOVED that movie!!
Especially that song! LOL
It's such a blatant ripoff of the Lak 28 girl, but I love it!

and the Chak De India reference, Dhoom 2 background music, hahaa I LOVED IT!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

abby_girl30khoslakadhoklaSunshine797

Go to top