India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 123)

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 18 October 2013 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Just came back from Gravity - SOOO MUCH FREAKING AWESOMENESS!!!

Sandy is for sure gonna be nominated for an Oscar and the film better win best visual effects like MINDBLASTING effects AHHH I was literally scared throughout the whole movie.

MUST WATCH in theaters too do not wait for the DVD or bluray for this it is an experience for the theaters

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poppy2009-Nakshatra-

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 19 October 2013 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Shuddh Desi Romance

I actually quite enjoyed this satire on relationships and weddings despite some issues. The dialoguebaazi was hilarious. I know the repetitiveness bothered people, but to me it added to the funniness. This is THE most uncliched film to have come out of BW. Every single BW trapping that we grown accustomed to is possible here, but doesn't happen at all...which really is refreshing.

In a pretty matter of fact way, the film covers issues of all relationships...trust, rejection, confusion...commitment..None of the characters are perfect and the way they act isn't the way practical people do but somehow I didn't hate any of them (even though they could have been slightly more developed)...I kinda got them. Its definitely not a story centered film, but its rather very character-interaction driven. The acting was pretty good. Rishi Kapoor was amazing. Sushant was pretty good as the supremely confused guy who craves love but is terrified of it at the same time. Parineeti is great as always...her screen presence is unmatched in her generation. Vaani is really confident! Her character is the least developed, but she does a really good job with Tara. She deserved more praise than she got.

Anyways, I'm not surprised that people had issues with this film. Its just that kind of film that will draw polarized reactions.

I think Jaideep's dialogues make this film :) Extra 0.5 for them!

3.5/5

Chennai Express
I am not a fan of Rohit Shetty's films and I haven't seen SRK be this unbearable in years.

Edited by chocolover89 - 19 October 2013 at 1:06am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

lunzapoppy2009-Nakshatra-Johnny.Balrajfansush.Sad.But.True.Tani91nikitagmcAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 19 October 2013 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Shuddh Desi Romance

I actually quite enjoyed this satire on relationships and weddings despite some issues. The dialoguebaazi was hilarious. I know the repetitiveness bothered people, but to me it added to the funniness. This is THE most uncliched film to have come out of BW. Every single BW trapping that we grown accustomed to is possible here, but doesn't happen at all...which really is refreshing.

In a pretty matter of fact way, the film covers issues of all relationships...trust, rejection, confusion...commitment..None of the characters are perfect and the way they act isn't the way practical people do but somehow I didn't hate any of them (even though they could have been slightly more developed)...I kinda got them. Its definitely not a story centered film, but its rather very character-interaction driven. The acting was pretty good. Rishi Kapoor was amazing. Sushant was pretty good as the supremely confused guy who craves love but is terrified of it at the same time. Parineeti is great as always...her screen presence is unmatched in her generation. Vaani is really confident! Her character is the least developed, but she does a really good job with Tara. She deserved more praise than she got.

Anyways, I'm not surprised that people had issues with this film. Its just that kind of film that will draw polarized reactions.

I think Jaideep's dialogues make this film :) Extra 0.5 for them!

3.5/5

Chennai Express
I am not a fan of Rohit Shetty's films and I haven't seen SRK be this unbearable in years.

Yay you finally watched it! I had a feeling you'd like it! :-)  Word to your review...actually I think Sushant surprised me in this movie...Raghu is a difficult character to like and root for...but he made such a ghonchu likeable...to me atleast...so I give him points for that...they were all SO confused in the movie that it made for amusement...at the same time it wasn't slapstick...but situational humor that made a deeper point about the realities of today's relationships.

Re: Chennai Express...lol I also posted about it in the previous page...I surprisingly liked Deepika in this one...SRK was unbearable as you said...I couldn't stop cringing watching himOuchOuch...wish he'd do ONE dhang ka role atleast *sigh*

Edited by AreYaar - 19 October 2013 at 9:56am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lunzanikitagmcturqoisedress

turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 19 October 2013 at 11:17am | IP Logged
^I did finally watch it! I'm so behind this year...now just BMB and Lunchbox left. Rest I've seen everything I care to see. LOL

Exactly, they are all SO confused and driven purely by attraction, Raghu the most of the lot...I thought Sushant did a pretty good job with a character that's in retrospect is probably the least likable of the lot. But despite that he's a charming confused kid. You kinda see what these two women see in him even if he's such an idiot. And thankfully by the end of it, Raghu and Gayatri do come to a conclusion that they do like each other a lot, but its best they go slowly from now on since neither is ready for that kind of commitment.

The dialogues...the bathroom ROFL I watched with my mom, and we couldn't stop laughing..and every two secs my mom was like no one is NORMAL in this film are they? LOL

Chennai Express..lol. I told you last time that SRK was such a cringeworthy bufoon I couldn't even handle the film. Yes Deepika was good but after all the praise I expected her to be. I remember some reviews for the film and they were brutal for SRK's acting...I thought they overdid it back then. Sadly I was wrong and they were right. Ouch Anyways I'm glad the film did well for different reasons, though I have no idea why it did so well, but I'll be happy if I never have to see anything like this again from SRK. Future films mein I stopped expecting Anu. Maybe in 10-20 years there will be some surprise. Sleepy

nikitagmc.Sad.But.True.AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Addictz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 19 October 2013 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

^I did finally watch it! I'm so behind this year...now just BMB and Lunchbox left. Rest I've seen everything I care to see. LOL

Exactly, they are all SO confused and driven purely by attraction, Raghu the most of the lot...I thought Sushant did a pretty good job with a character that's in retrospect is probably the least likable of the lot. But despite that he's a charming confused kid. You kinda see what these two women see in him even if he's such an idiot. And thankfully by the end of it, Raghu and Gayatri do come to a conclusion that they do like each other a lot, but its best they go slowly from now on since neither is ready for that kind of commitment.

The dialogues...the bathroom ROFL I watched with my mom, and we couldn't stop laughing..and every two secs my mom was like no one is NORMAL in this film are they? LOL

Chennai Express..lol. I told you last time that SRK was such a cringeworthy bufoon I couldn't even handle the film. Yes Deepika was good but after all the praise I expected her to be. I remember some reviews for the film and they were brutal for SRK's acting...I thought they overdid it back then. Sadly I was wrong and they were right. Ouch Anyways I'm glad the film did well for different reasons, though I have no idea why it did so well, but I'll be happy if I never have to see anything like this again from SRK. Future films mein I stopped expecting Anu. Maybe in 10-20 years there will be some surprise. Sleepy

LOLL yeah the bathroom bits really cracked me up too...it was a very INTELLIGENT script actually...they made a real point.

I haven't seen BMB yet either...still in my list of ones to watch.

Dunno why I attempted to watch Besharam...it's beyond pathetic...makes CE looks oscar-worthy, trust me...don't bother with that.

The Lunchbox is a must watch...fabulous movie.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

turqoisedress

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 19 October 2013 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
@Anu, Himani:
Since the convo is about SDR, let me tell you guys, the deleted scenes have been uploaded on the YRF channel on youtube and give away more about the story and especially the ending. :D

Oh and nice review Himani! :)

Edited by nikitagmc - 19 October 2013 at 12:07pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

turqoisedress

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 19 October 2013 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
double post! sorry!Ouch

Edited by nikitagmc - 19 October 2013 at 12:06pm
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 19 October 2013 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Yeah its a very screenplay driven film...ie the conversations between characters. I liked that the film didn't sermonize...just made its points in a humorous manner. I don't think the film was necessarily trying to say shaadi is bad and live in is good, just that shaadi is not something you should be under pressure to do just because of society...take your time, be sure, and then take the plunge. Don't do it because "itni sundar ladki hai, pata nahin aise sundar ladki phirse milegi ya nahin" LOL

Why did they edit this out? It would have been the perfect end!

Edited by chocolover89 - 19 October 2013 at 12:28pm

lunzanikitagmc-Swetha-

Go to top