Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 123)

Post Reply New Post

Page 123 of 149

poorvab

IF-Dazzler

poorvab

Posted: 13 October 2013 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
saw Besharam and The Lunchbox.
Even though i'm quite a huge Ranbir Kapoor fan, didnt like Besharam, no story, nothing!!!

and The Lunchbox i loved it... subtle yet so touching!!! i really liked it but the ending should have been better i feel

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recently seen movies - 6 (Page 123)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

movie_fanboy

Groupbie

movie_fanboy

Posted: 13 October 2013 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Saw Bhag Milkha Bhag again on TV yesterday, awesome movie, loved it

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

subha_rath2004Franco

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Chennai Express:

Kinda funny in the beginning...Deepika surprisingly was the best thing in the movie...lol...her gender challenged Hindi cracked me up...SRK hammed in the most cringe-inducingly horrible manner...the last hour tested my patience...I have no idea how this movie became an all time high-grosser :S

2/5...for the few laughs in the beginning.

Besharam

So pathetic that I couldn't stand more than 20 minutes of it...I expected that they would show crass dialogues on Ranbir based on the promos...but they were showing such horrible crass dialogues on Rishi-Neetu Kapoor too that it became beyond my ability to stomach so switched it off...the female lead's character is one of the most W*F-ish ones I've seen in recent years and her acting ended up being strange cuz of that too...This is one of those movies that it appears was only funny in the writer/director's head...the treatment and actual execution fell totally flat...God knows where there were going with this...Ranbir should rethink signing some movies on impulse.

0/5

The Lunchbox

Every bit as lovely as all the glowing reviews it's received...subtle, tender, poignant...lovely, lovely film...and the ending, while open-ended...was perfect...

4/5

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Cutie_PriTheGadaboutLangdaTyagi-Nakshatra-DeathstrokeSharif.Badmaash

TuesdaysChild

TuesdaysChild

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
Watched a bunch of movies this past weekend.

Mr. and Mrs. Iyer - Konkona. Rahul Bose. Aparna Sen. Wonderful. Storytelling at it's finest.

The Hurt Locker - Jeremy Renner is the MAN. How he didn't win the Oscar that year is beyond me.

Baz Luhrman's Romeo and Juliet - in preparation for Ram-Leela. Leo and Claire were magical. Would love to see them do something else together. Imo, Luhrman's finest work.

Edited by TuesdaysChild - 14 October 2013 at 6:19pm

poppy2009

IF-Rockerz

poppy2009

Posted: 15 October 2013 at 6:40pm | IP Logged
Watched Gravity on Monday...

The film was terrifying, haunting, captivating and breathtaking...all at the same time. I won't even go into the god-awesome CGI effects (apparently 80% of the film was special effects) and the spectacular cinematography...I think Gravity has created a new standard here...Won't be able to watch any Sci-fi movie without comparing it (unfavorably) with Gravity from now onwards.

What I loved the best about the film was the resonant message about the trimuph of the human spirit in the movie...that no matter where we are in this Universe, our courage and faith will always see us through the worst of our times!

One of the best scenes in this film was the one where Sandra Bullock's character hallucinates and sees that the Mission Commander, played superbly by George Clooney has come back, finding his way to the space shuttle...

Sandra Bullock conveyed the horror of being suspended all alone in space so realitically, that when George Clooney came all of a sudden, I actually burst into tears!LOL Just felt so relieved that she wasn't alone any more. That is how well she conveys her fear and terror of being trapped in her situation to the audience! I think, after ET (Which I saw as a child) and Avtaar this is the only Sci-fi movie which affected me so much!

I hope Sandra Bullock is a front runner for the Oscars next year...its an incredibly moving performances...and in a film which has just two principal characters, one of whom vanishes 15 mintues into the movie! To carry an entire film on your shoulder and do such a flawless job...SB deserves a standing ovation for Gravity!

This film is a must watch...not only because it is groundbreaking in terms of technology (whatever your idea of space is...director Alfonso Curon has portrayed it even better than that...half way through the film, you begin to wonder, if they actually went to Space and shot the film! It is that good!), but also because it tells a very good story backed by some solid acting chops!

Don't miss this one!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-iktaara--Nakshatra-Skuxx-DeluxxTani91

harshu.sundas

IF-Stunnerz

harshu.sundas

Posted: 16 October 2013 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Watched the film  with english subtitles. Mariyan is one amazing film. What a way to portray, love, passion, separation and rising. 
I m just in aww of Dhanush now.
He is such an effortless actor onscreen, his hardwork shows off in his scenes.
I loved d film as a whole, yes d pace was slow, but that wasnt a great deal as hardly d film bored me.
Moreover, like to admit that neither d film had an extraordinary story nd nor extraordinary twists and tales, but what worked was d simplicity in the story nd d simplicity of the lead pair. 
Dhanush-Parvaty had an outstanding chemistry... 
moreover, the director did very well to show hw Mariyaan transforms from a rustic arrogant man to a patient, enduring and more matured man.. his endurance of everything he wud hate to, only becos he loved Pani was truly a heart wrencher..
Songs were great too, i dont understand tamil,. but whatever d tunes r , they r stuck in my ears. moreover, as d subtitles appeared, i believed dat the lyrics were very good too...
His performance was even better than what he delivered in Raanjhana..
The film itself was shot beautifully and the director did an amaizng job because he ensured that he utilises 100% of Dhanush's and Parvaty's chemistry ( the chemistry was classy .. ) nd Rahman's music.. 

overall:- A very light hearted and touching and believable love story of two ppl .. 
i wud definitely recommend the film , esp if u r fond of some innocent and hearty love stories wid a passionate chemistry between d lead pair.. Dhanush deserves every award he hasnt won for this performance nd so is A R Rahman..

Franco

IF-Rockerz

Franco

Posted: 17 October 2013 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Just saw 2010 film death at a funeral with Chris rock and Martin Lawrence

Epically funny Clap

James Marsdan is even funny .

One of the last few funny Hollywood films . I recommend it

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 18 October 2013 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Just came back from Gravity - SOOO MUCH FREAKING AWESOMENESS!!!

Sandy is for sure gonna be nominated for an Oscar and the film better win best visual effects like MINDBLASTING effects AHHH I was literally scared throughout the whole movie.

MUST WATCH in theaters too do not wait for the DVD or bluray for this it is an experience for the theaters

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poppy2009-Nakshatra-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top